Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Akron RUBBER DUCKS?!

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Akron RUBBER DUCKS?!

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:53 pm

The Aeros are now the Rubber Ducks. No, seriously.

Your thoughts?
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Re: Akron RUBBER DUCKS?!

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Few of us have already discussed it over on the Akron Aeros thread (scroll down to bottom of page):

http://www.indiansbaseballinsider.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1461
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby daingean » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:30 pm

I think it's comical.....I understand the desire to get the RUBBER tradition but there has to be a better solution. The logo is nice though but can you really take it seriously with a name like that. All I have in my mind is the Sesame Street song....ugh
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:37 pm

daingean wrote:I think it's comical.....I understand the desire to get the RUBBER tradition but there has to be a better solution. The logo is nice though but can you really take it seriously with a name like that. All I have in my mind is the Sesame Street song....ugh

Agree...understand wanting to get the rubber tradition in (though NEO had a big aerospace tradition too), but this is just a bit silly.

Still say the Akron Zeppelins would have been better. Have a blimp with a tire around it or something to also honor the rubber industry as well as the blimp (that is an Akron/Goodyear world icon). Hell, Akron Tire Irons even sounds better IMO.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby martyinnewyork » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

This is a move to appeal to the type of fans that show up in the bottom of the third with their toddlers and stand in front of you for the entire half inning, trying to decide if they have the right seats. Then the most excited they get is when the ketchup, mustard and celery have their race. And they take the kids to go potty in the home 6th while you can't see the 3-run rally. Then they stand again through the 7th while they pack up to go home. These are the target market for Rubber Ducks.
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:58 pm

martyinnewyork wrote:This is a move to appeal to the type of fans that show up in the bottom of the third with their toddlers and stand in front of you for the entire half inning, trying to decide if they have the right seats. Then the most excited they get is when the ketchup, mustard and celery have their race. And they take the kids to go potty in the home 6th while you can't see the 3-run rally. Then they stand again through the 7th while they pack up to go home. These are the target market for Rubber Ducks.

Hahah, I nominate this for one of the posts of the year.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby martyinnewyork » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Today, the Toy Hall of Fame inducted Chess and... wait for it...
The Rubber Duck!!!
I am not kidding...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby martyinnewyork » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:20 pm

30-year old mom's with their diaper bags and season tickets are ecstatic ....
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Return to Indians Prospect Talk