Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Official 2013 Post-Season Thread

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Official 2013 Post-Season Thread

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Pirates get embarrassed by the Cards to start things off today.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Re: Official 2013 Post-Season Thread

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Michael Bourn had "minor" hamstring surgery. Will be on the shelf for 4-6 weeks.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:55 am

Jose Dariel Abreu.. seems like a lot of teams that can't afford a lot of money are involved with this guy..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:43 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:Jose Dariel Abreu.. seems like a lot of teams that can't afford a lot of money are involved with this guy..

Sounds like he is down to the White Sox, Astros, and Red Sox according to recent reports. Both Sox make sense, especially the White Sox. Astros...they have tons of money to spend and with the young talent they have, could be contenders in 4 years when Abreu is still around and hopefully entering his prime.

No matter who he ends up with, very glad the Tribe is staying away...if the rumored $70M price tag is for real. Seems way more like Viciedo than Puig or Cespedes to me. Doesn't seem all that athletic so that hit tool better be legit or...you get another Vieciedo (who's name i'll never spell right).
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:20 am

Hermie13 wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:Jose Dariel Abreu.. seems like a lot of teams that can't afford a lot of money are involved with this guy..

Sounds like he is down to the White Sox, Astros, and Red Sox according to recent reports. Both Sox make sense, especially the White Sox. Astros...they have tons of money to spend and with the young talent they have, could be contenders in 4 years when Abreu is still around and hopefully entering his prime.

No matter who he ends up with, very glad the Tribe is staying away...if the rumored $70M price tag is for real. Seems way more like Viciedo than Puig or Cespedes to me. Doesn't seem all that athletic so that hit tool better be legit or...you get another Vieciedo (who's name i'll never spell right).

While unofficial.. Jose Dariel Abreu will sign with the CWSox for $ 68 MM.. a contract that covers 6 years. Wow..either the pale hose believe this guy is the next Yasiel Puig/Jorge Soler or he'll be a slightly better version (offensively) of Dayan Viciedo. Either way, the Indians will get to see this guy.. very soon..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:59 am

GeronimoSon wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

While unofficial.. Jose Dariel Abreu will sign with the CWSox for $ 68 MM.. a contract that covers 6 years. Wow..either the pale hose believe this guy is the next Yasiel Puig/Jorge Soler or he'll be a slightly better version (offensively) of Dayan Viciedo. Either way, the Indians will get to see this guy.. very soon..

IMO, I don't think he's quite as good as Puig/Cespedes offensively AND plays worse defense. I still think he can be a good player, but man.. really rolling the dice here.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:53 am

A.Zajac wrote:IMO, I don't think he's quite as good as Puig/Cespedes offensively AND plays worse defense. I still think he can be a good player, but man.. really rolling the dice here.

Agree here. Way less athletic too, which was one big selling point for both Puig and Cespedes. Even if their bats suffered they can help in other ways. Abreu just seems way more boom or bust. If that hit tool falters at all, this will be a colossal waste of money.

Also...with Dunn still in town....does this make it less likely Konerko returns to Chicago? Was hinting at retirement.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:50 am

Post season thread says it's the Cardinals v Red Sox in the Fall Classic.. Who's gonna win? number of games?. Series MVP?

I'll start with:

=St Louis Cardinas win in a thrilling Seven Game World Series that is marred with weather delays at the out set of the series. The World Series MVP will be Michael Wacha who pitches two gems to give his team the series win...

Your turn(s)...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby go_tribe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:04 am

I'll take the Cards in 6 games
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby GoTribe028 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:50 am

Though call....I'll say Red Sox in 6

I'm not ruling out a run in by A-Rod steroid scandal by game 4.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby theshow » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:23 am

Anyone else think an AsCab for Wacha trade would have been in play last offseason? Hindsight is 20/20 but OH GOD!
theshow
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Cards in 7
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:26 pm

theshow wrote:Anyone else think an AsCab for Wacha trade would have been in play last offseason? Hindsight is 20/20 but OH GOD!

Apparently, your hindsight vision isn't exactly 20/20, anyway. Jeff Gordon of the St Louis Post Dispatch was the originator of this discussion. based on a live chat with Joe Strauss as the Post-Dispatch talker. Joe Strauss suggested the Indians look at some combination of players that included:

Seth Blair (SP)
Matt Adams (1B/DH)
Matt Carpenter (2B/Util)
Eduardo Sanchez (RP) and
Jorge Rondon (RP)

The actual combination wasn't revealed. Also, there was discussion about substitutes with Seth Blair's replacement being Lance Lynn. Michael Wacha's name was mentioned in the article in the form of a listing of SP's in the Cardinals system. While Homer remains a huge fan..many others have joined him, Michael Wacha wasn't part of any fan based discussion at the time the 'rumor mill' in the hot stove was piping... The Cards GM, Jon Mozielak, has been quoted as saying there was no trade pending or imminent between the Indians and Cardinals regarding Asdrubal Cabrera.

Here's the article, fyi.. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 1827a.html

Hope this helps... :cool
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:53 pm

BoSox in 5
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby BrianM » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Cards in 5. Wainwright MVP.
BrianM