RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2013 Cleveland Indians game thread

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: Official 2013 Cleveland Indians game thread

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Considering the "innings limit" on Salazar and the "dead arm" for Kazmir, I'm wondering if they should start flipping back n forth between the two moving forward. The other 4 arms would be Masterson, McAllister, Jimenez and Carrasco until/ if Kluber returns.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:10 pm

:lol just commical at this point, i want to see them win more then anybody just to enjoy at least 1 cleveland title with my pops before he passes, but damn the august breakdowns/collapse have to end!
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:30 pm

4 errors tonight.. that ain't gonna win you ballgames.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby timdav » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Sadly...it's s.s.d.d. (same ...., different day).
timdav
Draft Prospect

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Since August 2nd.. runs scored per game: 0, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2, 2.. Just 2.3 runs per game. Say what you want about the pitching, but 2 runs per ballgame isn't lighting the world on fire.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:53 pm

A.Zajac wrote:Since August 2nd.. runs scored per game: 0, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2, 2.. Just 2.3 runs per game. Say what you want about the pitching, but 2 runs per ballgame isn't lighting the world on fire.

not that the Pitching, or whatever the Indians call what those guys on the mound are doing, are helping things. the team is just all around playing bad baseball, Bad hitting, bad in the field and bad pitching.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:55 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:Since August 2nd.. runs scored per game: 0, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2, 2.. Just 2.3 runs per game. Say what you want about the pitching, but 2 runs per ballgame isn't lighting the world on fire.

not that the Pitching, or whatever the Indians call what those guys on the mound are doing, are helping things. the team is just all around playing bad baseball, Bad hitting, bad in the field and bad pitching.

This losing streak has seen TERRIBLE starting pitching, a worn out bullpen, bad defense, and an anemic offense. Just playing bad baseball all around.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Like the proverbial slow train wreck.. you can't help but watch and be astonished...

Hamilton with an inside out broken bat texas leaguer that squirts down the third base line.. a three hopper that Droobs tries to do more than he should with and boots it.. a high chopper off the dirt that is 1/2 inch higher that the pitcher can reach.. a cross fire fastball that deflects away with two runs scoring.. a broken bat hump back liner that gets over the second baseman's glove by two inches. and the beat keeps going on and on.. If it weren't for bad luck, the Indians wouldn't have any....

Just astonishing.. you can't think up a way to lose like this without using an EA Baseball simulator.. it just doesn't happen.. A very bad loss.. and now the Indians are on the verge of their second sweep for the week..

The only thing that can be said about the game.. Ubaldo pitched okay..not great.. not bad.. just okay..pitching into the seventh inning while giving up a pair of earned runs (three total)..is a decent outing..

ouch..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Hitters 3-6 tonight went a combined 0 for 15 with 5 K and 10 runners left on base.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:45 pm

7, will we win another game this 20 game stretch? i say no
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:53 pm

ACabs season almost makes you wonder how roided up he was, he's entering the baseball prime years and having the worst year of his career. odd he sucks when all the roid talk starts to bust some current players
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:50 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:ACabs season almost makes you wonder how roided up he was, he's entering the baseball prime years and having the worst year of his career. odd he sucks when all the roid talk starts to bust some current players

I don't think he was. I just think his approach at the plate is terrible. Cabrera did have quite the first half in 2011, inflated his overall numbers.

One thing that amazes me about Asdrubal this year is he came into camp looking to be in good condition AKA he wasn't quite the fatass he's been in years past, and now at this point in the season he looks to be on the chunky side again.
Last edited by GoTribe028 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby go_tribe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:04 pm

This is the low point in the season, but I think they regroup on the road trip and regain some of the magic thats gotten them this far. The rotation will be fine, Salazar is gonna carry Kluber's spot until he returns, and Carlos Carrasco is ready to contribute.

There are just to many leaders on this team to slip like last year. Giambi and Swisher won't let it happen.

They'll stay in the hunt and if they make the wild card spot, ASUTribefan can be banned and not allowed to post anymore. Seriously you are nothing more than a troll and I can't wait until you're outta here.
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:38 pm

go_tribe wrote:This is the low point in the season, but I think they regroup on the road trip and regain some of the magic thats gotten them this far. The rotation will be fine, Salazar is gonna carry Kluber's spot until he returns, and Carlos Carrasco is ready to contribute.

There are just to many leaders on this team to slip like last year. Giambi and Swisher won't let it happen.

They'll stay in the hunt and if they make the wild card spot, ASUTribefan can be banned and not allowed to post anymore. Seriously you are nothing more than a troll and I can't wait until you're outta here.

:lol :lol :lol Nothing trolling about telling it how it is, Dont like it? Maybe Message boards aren't you're thing then.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby go_tribe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:51 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
go_tribe wrote:This is the low point in the season, but I think they regroup on the road trip and regain some of the magic thats gotten them this far. The rotation will be fine, Salazar is gonna carry Kluber's spot until he returns, and Carlos Carrasco is ready to contribute.

:lol :lol :lol Nothing trolling about telling it how it is, Dont like it? Maybe Message boards aren't you're thing then.

You posting things like "Asdrubal is juicing" is not telling it how it is, it's just you screaming for attention.
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:52 pm

go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

You posting things like "Asdrubal is juicing" is not telling it how it is, it's just you screaming for attention.

Oh so you have 100% proven fact he's never done it once in his life? :lol I also NEVER said he was, lets learn how to read and try to keep up here before you continue to post, i said it raises questions.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby go_tribe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:59 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

Oh so you have 100% proven fact he's never done it once in his life? :lol I also NEVER said he was, lets learn how to read and try to keep up here before you continue to post, i said it raises questions.

Ahh your typical "let's learn to read" comeback that you've used about a million times. Look, nobody likes you on these boards, and I know you only post 100 times a day because you need attention, so this will be the last time I respond to you, but when the Indians make the playoffs this year, you aren't aloud to celebrate or chime in, because all you are is a fair-weather fan, and that's the worst kind. If you weren't so freaking annoying, I'd feel bad for you because seriously everyone hates you.
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:00 pm

go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

Ahh your typical "let's learn to read" comeback that you've used about a million times. Look, nobody likes you on these boards, and I know you only post 100 times a day because you need attention, so this will be the last time I respond to you, but when the Indians make the playoffs this year, you aren't aloud to celebrate or chime in, because all you are is a fair-weather fan, and that's the worst kind. If you weren't so freaking annoying, I'd feel bad for you because seriously everyone hates you.

And this guy says someone else is craving attention :lol :lol but lets not avoid questions here, wheres the 100% proof Cabrera didnt juice? oh you dont have any? oh i didnt think so, but then again you are trolling so im not surprised you made an ass out of yourself
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Nice job by Smith, still need another run or 2 to feel comfortable with Perez in the 9th
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby go_tribe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:05 pm

This will be a huge win if they can hold on, gonna need a good effort by Rage today
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:13 pm

That strikeout hurts big time, then chisenhall grounds out to the pitcher :rolleyes
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Very good come back win, now MUST get another W tomorrow and build off today. the Offense finally woke up after figuring the guy out and getting shutdown for 5 innings. Pitching is still rough, Defense looked bad, but at le