RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2013 Cleveland Indians game thread

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: Official 2013 Cleveland Indians game thread

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Edible14 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:Jordan Bastian said on STO the Indians are still very high on Lonnie Chisenhall and when the Cubs asked for Chisenhall for Garza the Indians ended the conversation. Not sure why they still so high on him, he'll be 25 next year while accomplishing nothing past AAA and still sucks vs left handers.

To be fair, the price was likely not just Chisenhall. Given what the Rangers gave up for him, it was likely Chiz, one of our middle infield prospects (not Lindor), Salazar and something else. And the Indians would have also had to turn around and deal Jimenez or call down Kluber/McAllister. And they would have had a black hole at 3B once again. Chisenhall hasn't been great, but at least he's a decent defender there (as opposed to Mark Reynolds). Aviles can play there in a pinch, but he's not a natural 3B by any stretch (backed up by UZR ratings, which have him as above average over his career at 2B/SS, but significantly below average at 3B), and his hitting isn't actually that much better than Chisenhall. The best configuration for the Indians at this point has them platooning Aviles and Chisenhall there, not starting Aviles and foresaking all of that lineup flexibility that he gives you off the bench.

And again, Garza wasn't *that big* of an upgrade over your current rotation. The rotation is not the problem in Cleveland. The problem is the bullpen (which is hard to fix because nearly all relievers are volatile).

So then you bring up someone else, you dont just end the trade talks. Texas didnt give up anyone on Salazars level, so not sure where you came up with that. We still have a black hole at 3B, Chisenhall isn't even a decent defender. Aviles is hitting .48 points higher then Chisenhall, thats pretty significant. losing Chisenhall for a legit #2, something we dont have, is a no brainer.

it would have been like Cleveland giving up Chisenhall (Olt), Packer (Grimm), Lugo (Edwards) and PBTNL like a Mitch Brown (Ramirez)
Last edited by ASUTribefan on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Franconas press confrence sounds like Reynolds is gone for good, Reynolds told the Indians he will not go to AAA when they told Reynolds he would be DFA'd.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:12 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:Franconas press confrence sounds like Reynolds is gone for good, Reynolds told the Indians he will not go to AAA when they told Reynolds he would be DFA'd.

Fine with me.

Also from that presser, Francona stuck by Cabrera hitting 4th.... :mad
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:39 pm

FWIW Buster Olney on the ESPN baseball Today podcast the day after Garza was traded mentioned that Cleveland didn't just lose interest when the Cubs started requesting Chisenhall, but that the Indians were not to inspired with Garza's medical history.

And the price was not Chiz for Garza. There would have been a lot more going to the Cubs. Anyone saying different either doesn't get it or just has an agenda against the Indians or Chisenhall himself.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:55 pm

GoTribe028 wrote:FWIW Buster Olney on the ESPN baseball Today podcast the day after Garza was traded mentioned that Cleveland didn't just lose interest when the Cubs started requesting Chisenhall, but that the Indians were not to inspired with Garza's medical history.

And the price was not Chiz for Garza. There would have been a lot more going to the Cubs. Anyone saying different either doesn't get it or just has an agenda against the Indians or Chisenhall himself.

No one said it was Chisenhall for Garza straight up
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:56 pm

How fitting, get absolutley blown out by Detroit the final time they come to cleveland. This just isn't a playoff team, not this year. a good SP,RP/CL, 3B and power bat and then they can make some noise
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby Bearcatbob » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Absolute agony!
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:12 pm

10-1! Goodnight Playoffs and Goodnight Season!
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:13 pm

•The Indians extended utilityman Ryan Raburn yesterday; today, Max Lom posted interview excerpts on MLB.com. Raburn noted that the team aproached him before the All-Star break about a possible extension. GM Chris Antonetti explained that the team liked Raburn as a bounce-back candidate after his woeful 2012 campaign. For his part, manager Terry Francona noted that the club's relatively low payroll means that it must rely on players like Raburn and fellow benchmate Mike Aviles to compete. (Notably, the club also signed Aviles to a multi-year contract with a club option.)
•Even if Cleveland falls out of the AL Central race, it is worth keeping an eye on the organization in the coming months. Antonetti is believed to have approached other players about extensions, reports Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer.
•Hoynes went on to note that another player who has revived his career with the Indians -- lefty Scott Kazmir -- has indicated that he might be amenable to a hometown discount. However, Antonetti implied that the sides have not talked about a new deal
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby timdav » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 pm

You want to be hopeful and positive, but it's tough.

Other than '94, '95, '97, '01, '07...it's pretty much been mediocre to bad since the early 1960's. I may be missing a season or two...but not much.

It's not easy to be a loyal Indians fan.
timdav
Draft Prospect

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Heard the Browns had just under 57K tonight, thats almost more then what the Indians have had over the last 3 games.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:02 am

ASUTribefan wrote:How fitting, get absolutley blown out by Detroit the final time they come to cleveland. This just isn't a playoff team, not this year. a good SP,RP/CL, 3B and power bat and then they can make some noise

O fun, this again
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:03 am

ASUTribefan wrote:10-1! Goodnight Playoffs and Goodnight Season!

3 games out of the playoffs on August 8th and the season is over?? :rolleyes
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:30 am

Hermie13 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:10-1! Goodnight Playoffs and Goodnight Season!

3 games out of the playoffs on August 8th and the season is over?? :rolleyes

yeah you're right, they get their asses handed to them on a silver plater in the biggest series of the season, but i should still look for them to compete for the playoffs :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes Look i know you're just here to troll and have yet to form an intelligent opinion but its time to be realistic
Last edited by ASUTribefan on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:55 am

I refrained from even tweeting about the game tonight and I think I'm going to let this one sink in before I post anything rash on here too. My gut feelings right now are not good, nor are they positive. Hoping I wake up on a better note tomorrow and digest some of this.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:41 am

ASUTribefan wrote:Heard the Browns had just under 57K tonight, thats almost more then what the Indians have had over the last 3 games.

I doubt it. There was a lot of empty seating throughout that stadium. A lot of people were there, but no way could it have been 57 thousand.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:47 am

A temporary lull in the dream... or the end of the dream..too many games remain to say, but it's looking like the latter..

-Watching the third inning in my mind again..it was a beautiful night at the ball park.. the first two innings were similar to a boxing match..the combatants feeling each other out with nothing really happening.. The third inning started off.. poorly.. a lead off walk and that's never a good thing.. four batters later which included a strikeout & walking Miguel Cabrera with the bases loaded for an RBI BB, and it wasn't 'terrible'.. a 1-0 lead, the chance for a double play.. and then.. boom boom. a right cross and a left hook and the Tribe was down and counted out. The next two innings of the game was a slow train wreck. The Tigers just kept adding on.. Dirks, Vmart and Miguel Cabrera each hammered in a finishing nail the the Indians coffin. Oh, and Max Scherzer was electric.. Is it me or does Cody Allen and Scherzer appear to throw virtually the same stuff?

Anyway.. it was a sad series.. and so on, and so on..

-Attendance.. 57 K, 25 K who came disguised as empty orange seats.. three game series.. or analogous to a 54 game season.. Do the math.. (for simplicity: 600K versus 2,000K)

-The Ryan Raburn Extension: good deal..good for Raburn.. good for the Indians..solid pro with the skills to contribute..

-This is the kind of BOOOSHYTE journalism that just has to stop with the moron that covers the Indians: Claiming that Kazmir indicated being amenable to a hometown discount (according to Hoynes..) and completely denied by Chris Antonetti who stated the two sides haven't talked.. WTF is that?.. If you're a realistic fan of baseball, understand the economics of the sport, ask yourself this: Why would a guy, before the 3/4 pole of a successful race/season, go to the whip?. That horse won't run.. and certainly won't win.. Someone's lying & you have two choices to select from..

-The Wild Card Race..Tampa, Baltimore, AL West Loser, Cleveland and the Royals fighting for two spots with 7 weeks left in the season.. The Indians have 9 games remaining against direct competitors to one of the WC spots.. (Queue AZguy to predict a 9 game sweep by the Indians' opponents).. The 2007 Indians were swept by the 2007 Yankees.. The ALDS saw a complete reversal of those results.. and it still "bugs" Yankee fans to this day.. While series of facts doesn't rise to the level of "..once you get into the playoffs, anything can happen...", it does offer insight into the fact that games played in October are different and so are the teams playing..

-Letting it sink in.. fwiw, there is not a good way to present the results of this series and last night's game..positive or optimistically.. Expressing raw emotion may be the panacea to eliminating the stench that was these four games..

-Detroit is going to win the AL Central. Who here thought otherwise in April?.. Today?..

Thoughts...
Last edited by GeronimoSon on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GoTribe028 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:52 am

I may be in the minority but I hardly think this series means this team is bad or that this season has been a failure. I wanted at least a split, and for a couple games, that was a possibility until Detroit came through with some big hits the Indians couldn't get.

I'm upset that the Indians got swept, any fan would be, but fact remains we were beat by a better team. Personally, I get over it and look forward to facing the Angels.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby daingean » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:17 am

GoTribe028 wrote:I may be in the minority but I hardly think this series means this team is bad or that this season has been a failure. I wanted at least a split, and for a couple games, that was a possibility until Detroit came through with some big hits the Indians couldn't get.

I'm upset that the Indians got swept, any fan would be, but fact remains we were beat by a better team. Personally, I get over it and look forward to facing the Angels.

I'm with you on this. Sure I'm disappointed and realise this makes things more difficult but we have a little more than a month and half and are within striking range (especially for the Wild Card spot)....I just am not a quitter and I don't think this team is either. We'll see over the next week if this team can dust themselves off and fight for a play off spot).
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:32 am

GoTribe028 wrote:I may be in the minority but I hardly think this series means this team is bad or that this season has been a failure. I wanted at least a split, and for a couple games, that was a possibility until Detroit came through with some big hits the Indians couldn't get.

i dont think this season was a failure as i saw this as a 2 year rebuild and didnt think we would be legit contenders untill after this comming off-season provided we continue to add and build and fix the holes. i did see an 80-85 Win season thou
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:07 am

ASUTribefan wrote:

i dont think this season was a failure as i saw this as a 2 year rebuild and didnt think we would be legit contenders untill after this comming off-season provided we continue to add and build and fix the holes. i did see an 80-85 Win season thou

Still could reach that mark. I doubt we play .200 baseball to finish out the year.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:28 am

Adam Dunn cleared waivers, guess the tribe didnt have interest, maybe they aren't looking to add a bat after all
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:26 pm

So Delmon Young was designated by Phillie and Alex Rios was traded to Texas after all.

Not saying I want Young, but....well....
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Rios for Leury Garcia according to MLBTR who's hitting .192 with a .236 OBP
Brewers put Kyle Lohse on the waivers but pulled him back

Rios going to Texas probably means Cruz is gone, they haven't had luck signing their stars latley and they also have Murphy, AJP and Berkman to re-sign if they want to bring any of those 3 back with Cruz plus Rios is making over 10 Mil
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:41 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:Adam Dunn cleared waivers, guess the tribe didnt have interest, maybe they aren't looking to add a bat after all

Or they didn't want to be on the hook for about $20M. Again, just because someone clears waivers doesn't mean that he can't be traded (actually makes it easier) and doesn't mean a team that passed on him doesn't still want to trade for him. That said, I'm thinking the Tribe likes the combo of Raburn/Giambi/gomes for the DH spot, at least for this season. Probably also holding back on adding too much salary for 2014 as they don't have a ton to spend and may want to use some of it for extension (Masterson, Kipnis, Kazmir, etc).
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:44 pm

GoTribe028 wrote:So Delmon Young was designated by Phillie and Alex Rios was traded to Texas after all.

Not saying I want Young, but....well....

OPSs the last 3 seasons: .695, .707, .699

If he was free maybe he'd be an ok bat and maybe he goes on a power splurge like he did for Detroit a few years ago but he really should only DH and Raburn has been better. (Know you said "not saying you want him" but just throwing this out there still)
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:49 pm

daingean wrote:

I'm with you on this. Sure I'm disappointed and realise this makes things more difficult but we have a little more than a month and half and are within striking range (especially for the Wild Card spot)....I just am not a quitter and I don't think this team is either. We'll see over the next week if this team can dust themselves off and fight for a play off spot).

Agree with both of you.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:51 pm

An interesting name to follow the next couple days as far as hitters go is Josh Willingham (IMO at least). Just activated from the DL. Could potentially be put on waivers. Less than $10M owed this year and next. Not having anywhere near the year he had last but Tribe was interested 2 winters ago and maybe would be again. Not really a big upgrade over the current guys but if he gets healthy, seen how he can hit (or at least get on base).
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Hermie13 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:Adam Dunn cleared waivers, guess the tribe didnt have interest, maybe they aren't looking to add a bat after all

Or they didn't want to be on the hook for about $20M. Again, just because someone clears waivers doesn't mean that he can't be traded (actually makes it easier) and doesn't mean a team that passed on him doesn't still want to trade for him. That said, I'm thinking the Tribe likes the combo of Raburn/Giambi/gomes for the DH spot, at least for this season. Probably also holding back on adding too much salary for 2014 as they don't have a ton to spend and may want to use some of it for extension (Masterson, Kipnis, Kazmir, etc).

Show me where ANYBODY said Dunn couldn't be traded, you should post less and read more, or at least learn how to read first. And Yes that 100% does mean a team that passed on him more then likley doesn't want to trade for him, i know you dont know a thing about baseball, but its alot easier to trade when you're the only team someone can trade with. And i 100% highly doubt they like that rotation for DH
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:07 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

Show me where ANYBODY said Dunn couldn't be traded, you should post less and read more, or at least learn how to read first. And Yes that 100% does mean a team that passed on him more then likley doesn't want to trade for him, i know you dont know a thing about baseball, but its alot easier to trade when you're the only team someone can trade with. And i 100% highly doubt they like that rotation for DH

When you claim a guy you only have 2 days to work out a trade. Now that Dunn has cleared waivers he can be traded at any time from now til the end of the season. so yes, it's easier to make a trade as there's not much of a deadline.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Hermie13 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

When you claim a guy you only have 2 days to work out a trade. Now that Dunn has cleared waivers he can be traded at any time from now til the end of the season. so yes, it's easier to make a trade as there's not much of a deadline.

2 Days without having to better offers from other teams in baseball is better then no days, 100%. So no its NOT easier.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Welp, already 5-0. Looks like we could see Carrasco today. Starting pitching all of a sudden has gone south.. we can't hit a beach ball.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Well on the way to a 5 game losing streak and Wee'reeee freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...............Freeeeee faaalllliiiinnnnn

i can only sit and laugh at the stupid post that say theres so many games left which means we aren't out of it. Those games dont mean shit when the offense cant score, the pitchers cant pitch, we need Detroit to lose 8 more games then we do in the last 45 or whatever it is, or hope Texas chokes when they have an even easier schedule then we do

Its OVA!!! Turn off the lights and go home folks, its the august collapse part 2
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ChadS17 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:45 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:Well on the way to a 5 game losing streak and Wee'reeee freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...............Freeeeee faaalllliiiinnnnn

i can only sit and laugh at the stupid post that say theres so many games left which means we aren't out of it. Those games dont mean shit when the offense cant score, the pitchers cant pitch, we need Detroit to lose 8 more games then we do in the last 45 or whatever it is, or hope Texas chokes when they have an even easier schedule then we do

Its OVA!!! Turn off the lights and go home folks, its the august collapse part 2

:rolleyes
ChadS17
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:50 am

ASUTribefan wrote:Well on the way to a 5 game losing streak and Wee'reeee freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...............Freeeeee faaalllliiiinnnnn

We could finish behind both those teams and still make the playoffs...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:27 am

ChadS17 wrote:

ASU, don't waste my time reading your "report" how this is trolling. It's not. Report deleted.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby nubballguy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:11 am

I don't think this is another August fade of a magnitude of last year's. Though I don't see much chance of a turnaround with UJ going for us next. Still think they pick it up after this stretch in the 2nd half of the month but yeah, it's not good.

At least Carrasco pitched well so there's that.
nubballguy
Draft Prospect

Postby Chiefroy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:26 am

If we had put in a claim on Adam Dunn, we wouldn't have to worry about working out a trade. They would have simply given that contract to us, or to any team. 15 million next season + whatever he's owed the remainder of this season. If the Sox want to dump him now, they may get a minor prospect back, but they're gonna have to eat some of that contract also. They got burned when they signed Dunn and I say let 'em burn another year.
Chiefroy
Draft Prospect

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:05 am

nubballguy wrote:I don't think this is another August fade of a magnitude of last year's. Though I don't see much chance of a turnaround with UJ going for us next. Still think they pick it up after this stretch in the 2nd half of the month but yeah, it's not good.

I wonder what they'll do with Carrasco for the rest of the season.. Jordan Bastian mentioned Kazmir is battling fatigue and Carrasco could take his next start. So maybe Kazmir/Carrasco split duties? Problem with that is you lose a guy on the bench.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:54 am

A.Zajac wrote:
nubballguy wrote:I don't think this is another August fade of a magnitude of last year's. Though I don't see much chance of a turnaround with UJ going for us next. Still think they pick it up after this stretch in the 2nd half of the month but yeah, it's not good.

I wonder what they'll do with Carrasco for the rest of the season.. Jordan Bastian mentioned Kazmir is battling fatigue and Carrasco could take his next start. So maybe Kazmir/Carrasco split duties? Problem with that is you lose a guy on the bench.

If you thought Kazmir was gonna need to miss 2 starts or so, could always DL him with the "dead arm" ailment. Allow him to rest while getting a bat for the bench. With September callups in a few weeks, should be fine then with Carrasco around as a 6th starter/extra pen arm.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:44 am

That was encouraging. He seemed to be getting squeezed on his armside tailing fastball thrown inside to left handed batters. I counted two K's that resulted in walks from that pitch. He's as talented as any pitcher in the Indians system. While this may not set well, there comes a time when you just run a guy like that out there every five days and get what you get. IMPROVEMENT comes at the same table as failure..

Both Asdrubal and Nick Swisher swung the bat well yesterday. Both were making solid contact.

We'll see how the young wahoo's respond to a five game losing streak. The Indians need a W.. soon, as the wildcard races are beginning to take shape. The six teams in the hunt for the wildcard(s) stand at:

+1.......Tampa
-0.......Oakland/Texas
-1 1/2..Baltimore
-4.......Cleveland
-4 1/2..Kansas City

with seven weeks left in the season... :neutral
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby ASUTribefan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:45 am

A.Zajac wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:

ASU, don't waste my time reading your "report" how this is trolling. It's not. Report deleted.

Sure is. Like most of you're contributions, it adds nothing intelligent
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 am

Hermie13 wrote:

Finishing behind Texas puts Cleveland out of the WC. TB/Boston is ahead of Texas, why do you continue to post without even following baseball?
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ChadS17 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:52 am

ASUTribefan wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

Finishing behind Texas puts Cleveland out of the WC. TB/Boston is ahead of Texas, why do you continue to post without even following baseball?

Do believe Hermie is trying to say Texas could win the West and we could beat out Oakland for the Wildcard. You're the one that needs to learn baseball/quit posting.
ChadS17
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:56 am

ChadS17 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

Do believe Hermie is trying to say Texas could win the West and we could beat out Oakland for the Wildcard. You're the one that needs to learn baseball/quit posting.

" :rolleyes "

the Tribe cant beat out texas, they wont beat out Oakland if Texas jumps them
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:43 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:

So that's why I proved you wrong that Gomes > Marson based off stats.. (which you never replied to). That's why I post breaking information here. That's why my useless content has been around here since 2009 right?

Definition of a troll
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

So that would actually make YOU the troll.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:00 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:

So that's why I proved you wrong that Gomes > Marson based off stats.. (which you never replied to). That's why I post breaking information here. That's why my useless content has been around here since 2009 right?

Definition of a troll
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I just love reading the game thread..Nubbal's comments are fresh.. hermie's stubborness but otherwise "all in" diehard tribe fan comments always are worthy of a comment, you have to love Pros' grumbling/attempting to be positive, Dain's out there on his own, but not that far.. GoTribe's matter of factness... some of Indians1, etc.. etc..

But then there's you two bozos..can you both just STFU and stop one-upping the other.. You're both trolls..

How about a comment about Carlos Carrasco.. perhaps something about the Indians?..

Ahhh... but back to tonight's contest...

CJ Wilson v Ubaldo Jimenez go tonight down at the ole ball yard.. We'll see how Ubaldo responds to being skipped.. If he comes out firing bee'beez, then we'll know he wasn't exactly thrilled.. Ubaldo gets the next shot at being the stopper. The Angels haven't had the greatest season, but, for CJ Wilson.. his season probably could only have been better if he didn't make three starts of his 23. With those three starts excluded, he'd be right in the mix for the AL Cy Young with a low two's ERA and an 11-3 record. He's had that good of a season. He's been especially good since he faced the Mariners in June. The Indians' hitter have a tough customer to deal with..

Thoughts..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:10 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:

Definition of a troll

I just love reading the game thread..Nubbal's comments are fresh.. hermie's stubborness but otherwise "all in" diehard tribe fan comments always are worthy of a comment, you have to love Pros' grumbling/attempting to be positive, Dain's out there on his own, but not that far.. GoTribe's matter of factness... some of Indians1, etc.. etc..

But then there's you two bozos..can you both just STFU and stop one-upping the other.. You're both trolls..

How about a comment about Carlos Carrasco.. perhaps something about the Indians?..

CJ Wilson v Ubaldo Jimenez go tonight down at the ole ball yard.. We'll see how Ubaldo responds to being skipped.. If he comes out firing bee'beez, then we'll know he wasn't exactly thrilled.. Ubaldo gets the next shot at being the stopper. The Angels haven't had the greatest season, but, for CJ Wilson.. his season probably could only have been better if he didn't make three starts of his 23. With those three starts excluded, he'd be right in the mix for the AL Cy Young with a low two's ERA and an 11-3 record. He's had that good of a season. He's been especially good since he faced the Mariners in June. The Indians' hitter have a tough customer to deal with..

Thoughts..

Did you miss my comment about Carrasco above? Maybe you were too busy criticizing everyone on the forums except yourself. Get the hell out of here.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:10 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:

Definition of a troll

Thoughts..

Did you miss my comment about Carrasco above? Maybe you were too busy criticizing everyone on the forums except yourself. Get the hell out of here.
smh...

The comment was addressed to both of you guys.. nice to see you're keeping your focus on "..me myself and I.." Take your own advice.. Find a mirror and scream and yell "...get the hell out of here.." smh..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby indians1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:23 pm

If Ubaldo is pissed about being skipped /moved back a few starts, then he needs to grow a pair.

The guy has been a colossal disappointment and is a 5 or 6 inning pitcher. He gets blasted every time he faces detroit. Danny Salazar is already a better pitcher.

If we are going to make a run at the playoffs, then it needs to start tonight. We need Nick Swisher and Asdrubal to start hitting. We don't need to give them a ribbon because they made solid contact with the ball. Nick Swisher was given the biggest contract in indians history and he is on pace for 15 HR's and 49 RBI.

Asdrubal is a joke right now. We keep hitting him 4th because they can't trust carlos santana in the 4 hole. The lack of an impact bat in this lineup is starting to catch up to them.

Say what you want about Detroit, but when Dan Dombrowski makes a move, it usually works out. When Chris Antonetti makes a trade or move, you get what you get with guys like Reynolds, Myers, and Swisher.
indians1
Draft Prospect

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Minors