RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

New Message Board coming!

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

New Message Board coming!

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Just a quick heads up....but when the new IPI site goes live sometime in the next 1-2 weeks, it will also have a new message board. The idea is to simply import this one over to the new site....and integrate it within the site. So, hopefully, there should be no noticeable change other than the placement of the boards will be within the IPI with the site header along the top. I will share more as things get closer.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: New Message Board coming!

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:20 am

FYI, new message board is supposed to come this week. From what I understand, the transition should be seamless for everyone as your userIDs, etc will carry over. It may even look exactly the same. Only thing that may be required is you re-login.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Ok, the boards are back up. I have to play around with the settings to get it back to what it was or find a new setting that works.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby criznit2009 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Heads up as of now posting on the OLD board - does not show up on the new board page - if you are using the www.indiansprospectinsider.prophpbb.com address to access the board please update and/or use the link off the main IPI page. The new message board addy is http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/boards/

I rather like the layout of the main IPI page now - much more user friendly IMO.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby criznit2009 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Hey Tony

Some unsolicted feedback

1. There is no link back to the IPI homepage on the board site - one thing i disliked about the old board was the location and how small the link was back to the home page of the site. Making this aspect better would be nice. A back to the IPI Insider button type thing possibly.

2. When you try to reply without logging in it returns a funky error thing and does not redirect you to log in...

I am liking the new look of things - kinks to be expected/anticipated for now - thanks for such dedication
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:11 am

Thanks, yeah, it is completely stripped down at the moment. May be like that few a few days while we work through the issues. Have to get an PHPBB expert to look at it and get things fixed.

Some kind of link back will be added, just have to figure out how right now.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Return to Beyond The Minors