Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Instructional League Roster

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Instructional League Roster

Postby daingean » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:46 am

I didn't see Ruiz's name on the roster (the OF from Cleveland). Is this an oversight or is he just not invited?
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Re: Instructional League Roster

Postby entertheshoe » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Not sure but I'm a little surprised that Bo Greenwell and Tyler Holt made the team at the age of 22. The average ages looks to be about 18, that's a little over that. Wouldn't think they'd benefit from the camp as much as some of the younger kids.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby nubballguy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:59 pm

I know the Indians posted a list of 4-5 pitchers for the Arizona Fall League but haven't heard more about it. Have they made a full list of who is going to the AZL yet and if not, any word of when they will announce who else is going? Should be an interesting selection of prospects I would imagine.
nubballguy
Draft Prospect

Postby Edible14 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:05 pm

entertheshoe wrote:Not sure but I'm a little surprised that Bo Greenwell and Tyler Holt made the team at the age of 22. The average ages looks to be about 18, that's a little over that. Wouldn't think they'd benefit from the camp as much as some of the younger kids.

Not surprised on Greenwell. Missed a lot of time this year due to injury, and I'm not surprised the Indians are "making it up". Could end up in a fall/winter league as well. While Holt is older, he did just complete his first full season as a pro, so I guess he's not THAT surprising.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby criznit2009 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Edible14 wrote:
entertheshoe wrote:Not sure but I'm a little surprised that Bo Greenwell and Tyler Holt made the team at the age of 22. The average ages looks to be about 18, that's a little over that. Wouldn't think they'd benefit from the camp as much as some of the younger kids.

Not surprised on Greenwell. Missed a lot of time this year due to injury, and I'm not surprised the Indians are "making it up". Could end up in a fall/winter league as well. While Holt is older, he did just complete his first full season as a pro, so I guess he's not THAT surprising.

Hmm just me totally speculating.... Greenwell makes sense, still kind of raw and injuries slowed him. Holt - perhaps they see a couple of areas that they feel they could really help him improve..But personally feel that because both will be in Akron next the club realizes these guys need as much help as possible so they are not overmatched... Given their overall skill sets, both could blossom into true prospects/ML types and need as much "fertilizer" as they can stand.....
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Greenwell needs to make up time after missing like 3 months with the broken pinky. Holt (and a few others) will only be there for about 2 weeks to get some work in before departing.

I posted the Parallel League roster today.....and the rest of the AFL guys are still unknown right now.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Return to Indians Prospect Talk