Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

It's looking like its detroit's year

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

It's looking like its detroit's year

Postby indians1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:31 am

I am so impressed with the fight and mental toughness with the indians but this last week is making it look like detroit is going to win the division.

I am not giving up but when detroit has 3 come from behind victories in the last week in the way that they did, it makes it much harder for the indians to cut into the deficit.

the division would look radically different without those come from behind victories. They are doing what the indians did in 2007 when they just found ways to win. The indians in the last month have had too many games slip out of their hand and it is coming back to bite them.
indians1
Draft Prospect

Re: It's looking like its detroit's year

Postby entertheshoe » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:19 pm

I'll wait until the series Monday-Wednesday to give up.

If we can win tonight and the Tigers lose, that makes us 5.5 games back. If we can sweep, that puts us at 2.5.

Might be wishful thinking but who knows.

Detroit is definitely coming through in the clutch but there's plenty of baseball to still be played.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby GeronimoSon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:37 pm

The Indians just need to finish off today's game & then, after this game is done, all the friends of the feather need to look for a Tiger's 19 inning loss tonight, followed by the Indians winning the series in Cleveland.. then let the pennant chase begin, in earnest... :tease:
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby daingean » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Things are decidedly in Detroit's favor with the 6.5 game lead (now 6). This thing is not over yet though. It will take a nice winning streak to close that gap but we do play the Tiggers this week. For the young guys who will be the core players through this next wave, just being in a division race can only help them. Plus young guys don't know when to quit, this can play to our chances. Plus if we can close the gap some this week, it can only help to create some excitement in the fan base for this year and next. That may inspire CA and Dolan & Co. to seriously pursue a much needed bat/arm and really improve this team for next season. Even if we don't win this year, there will be some optimism for the next few years.

GO TRIBE!!!! Beat the Tigggers :good: :good:
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Bearcatbob » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Well - the Chi Sox are toast. To say there is a baseball massacre going on tonight in Detroit is an understatement.

Perhaps Detroit will be tired tomorrow from running around the bases. Ozzie must be beyond himself.

Bob
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby GeronimoSon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:50 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:The Indians just need to finish off today's game & then, after this game is done, all the friends of the feather need to look for a Tiger's 19 inning loss tonight, followed by the Indians winning the series in Cleveland.. then let the pennant chase begin, in earnest... :tease:

New game plan.. have the tigers get sooo tired from running around the bases, they won't be able to get anything into their at bats in game one of the series...

Ouch.. 16 to 0.. and now Leyland is resting his starters... :spiteful:
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby indians1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:52 pm

I can tell you this much, ubaldo better pitch his a** off tomorrow. His poor performance in detroit a few weeks back really set the confidence back of this team butthey seemed to recover and are hanging on (barely). If Ubaldo goes out and lays an egg, i think detroit will go on and finish off the division this week.

Tomorrow is the type of game ubaldo was traded for. He is there to set the tone and be the guy this team and other starters can depend on to anchor the rotation.

We need him to finish off this season strong and be a leader.

Go Tribe and continue to make us proud. !!
indians1
Draft Prospect

Postby GoTribe028 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:48 am

Taking the old lady to the game today. This is quite simply the biggest game I think I've been to.

Gotta take it a day at a time, but I don't think anyone can overstate how important each and every game is, even for a team that probably has zero business being where they are this late, with the sheer amount of injuries to both starters and starting pitchers.

Chris Perez said it best last night "We don't want to get into a situation where we have to go 7-0 and hope the Tigers go 1-6. We can't get into that situation. This is a must win -- a must sweep -- in my mind. If we can't do it with Ubaldo, Fausto and Masterson, I mean, we shouldn't make the playoffs anyway."
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby jellis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 pm

I stated it back then, but I realized this season was shot when we split a 4 game series with Bmore. They are the worst team in the league and they shut us down, that's when I realized the offense was toast
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Return to Beyond The Minors