RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

IPI 2011 Mock Draft

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: IPI 2011 Mock Draft

Postby jellis » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:42 pm

andrew,home,then me again and we are done
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:05 am

Gonna post this to the main site on Saturday. If anyone is board and wants to go through this thread and put all the picks together and the subsequent comments....that would be great. Otherwise I will do on Friday night.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:55 pm

The Rays select . . .

Johnny Eierman, SS, Warsaw High School

Eierman possesses a lot of potential, but is still very raw in terms of as a prospect. He projects as a third baseman or corner outfielder at the next level due to a lack of range at short. He still needs to work on his consistency at the plate and refining some tools, but Eierman has a ton of upside and also has a lot of raw power. He's the kind of guy the Rays may target and take a risk on.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:46 pm

The Rays select Chris Reed -LHP Stanford. Reed is 6'4 190. This is a bit high by some accounts, others however feel he could slip into the late first rd. The Rays have 10 pks in the first rd / sandwhich rd. They are not likely to sign all the players they draft and may well choose to "bank" a cpl pks for next yr. Reed would likely be easier to sign and is a talented pitcher. Add to that the fact he's a lefty and jr. at stanford he should be signable and help add another arm to the Rays system.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby jellis » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 pm

With the last pick the rangers select Levi Micheal SS UNC

Another bat for me, but another guy I am shocked to see on the board. A legit SS, who will stay there played at a good program. Has a solid glove, good stick, nice eye, and decent speed. A guy who on draft day will go in the top 20. I double checked to make sure he was on the board, an easy pick for the rangers, he might cost a little more to sign this late, but you get an advanced college bat, who would make an idea 2 hitter down the road.
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Gonna post this to the main site on Saturday. If anyone is board and wants to go through this thread and put all the picks together and the subsequent comments....that would be great. Otherwise I will do on Friday night.
A hot night for you..cutting and pasting while watching the Tribe !...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:48 pm

jellis wrote:With the last pick the rangers select Levi Micheal SS UNC

Another bat for me, but another guy I am shocked to see on the board. A legit SS, who will stay there played at a good program. Has a solid glove, good stick, nice eye, and decent speed. A guy who on draft day will go in the top 20. I double checked to make sure he was on the board, an easy pick for the rangers, he might cost a little more to sign this late, but you get an advanced college bat, who would make an idea 2 hitter down the road.

Definitely can stay at SS, but not convinced he will. 2B is a better fit for him defensively watching him, but if he can stick at SS (and he definitely could), then he is a huge steal at 33 and a solid pick even if he moves to 2B in the bigs
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Previous

Return to Indians Prospect Talk