RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

2011 farm system ticket notes (single-game)

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

2011 farm system ticket notes (single-game)

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Columbus - on sale now
Bleachers - $6 adults/$3 kids and seniors
Reserved - $10 adults/$7 kids and seniors
Box - $12 advance/$15 day of game (sections 5 and 19 on sale now, better sections when unsold season tickets are released)
Club/Loge - $20 (not currently available, availability based entirely on unsold season tickets being released)

Akron - on sale now
Bleachers - $5 all ages
Reserved - $9/$8 kids and seniors

Kinston - on sale now
4 and under free
Bleachers - $5/
Reserved - $6/$5 kids, seniors, military, and students
Field/Box - $7 all ages

Lake County - on sale now
Advanced
Box - $9/$8 kids and seniors
Bleachers - $7 all ages (Box seats must sell out first)
Lawn - $6 all ages (Box seats and Bleachers must sell out first)
Fireworks Nights
Box - $9 all ages
Bleachers - $7 all ages (Box seats must sell out first)
Lawn - $6 all ages (Box seats and Bleachers must sell out first)
Day of Game
All tickets - $10 (regardless of age or location)

Mahoning Valley - on-sale May 14
General Admission - $5
Upper Box - $9
Lower Box
- Sections 101-104,116-120 - $9
- Secions 105-115 - $11
Last edited by Upper Box Woodchuck on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Re: 2011 farm system ticket notes (single-game)

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:02 pm

list updated with information gleaned from first round of post-holiday phone calls yesterday
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Kinston info added per K-Tribe website
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Columbus Box/Club/Loge information added
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:13 pm

PRESEASON EXHIBITION NOTES

March 30th
Indians @ Clippers - 1:05

ON SALE NOW
Bleachers - $10
Reserved - $20
Unsold Box, Club, and Loge tickets not released until gameday (normal single-game boxes in sec, 5 and 19 going to Indians pass list)

April 4th
Clippers @ Aeros - 6:05

ON SALE NOW
General Admision - $5

April 5th
Buckeyes @ Clippers - 6:35

ON SALE NOW
Left Field Reserved (Section 21-25) - $5 (RF Reserved and Bleachers roped off for this game)
Unsold Box, Club, and Loge tickets not released until gameday (normal single-game boxes in sec, 5 and 19 likely going to Buckeyes pass list)

April 6th
Aeros @ Clippers - 2:05

FREE (NON-TICKETED) EVENT

April 6th
Lenoir CC @ Kinston - 6:00

ON SALE NOW
regular season ticket pricing
Last edited by Upper Box Woodchuck on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby npc29 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Can't tell you how pumped I am that bleacher seats are now 5 bucks at Canal Park.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:54 pm

npc29 wrote:Can't tell you how pumped I am that bleacher seats are now 5 bucks at Canal Park.

Interesting... I wonder if ushers will now have to make an effort to check tickets (or will they set up some sort of gate?). I've always bought reserved tickets anyway, but I tend to watch from 2-3 locations over the course of a game there, including sometimes spending a couple innings out in the bleachers, and I don't recall ever being asked to show my ticket.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby npc29 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:44 am

Pork Chop Pough wrote:
npc29 wrote:Can't tell you how pumped I am that bleacher seats are now 5 bucks at Canal Park.

Interesting... I wonder if ushers will now have to make an effort to check tickets (or will they set up some sort of gate?). I've always bought reserved tickets anyway, but I tend to watch from 2-3 locations over the course of a game there, including sometimes spending a couple innings out in the bleachers, and I don't recall ever being asked to show my ticket.

Yeah I've been the same way considering there wasn't a big difference in terms of the price for a bleacher ticket and a reserve ticket. I too tend to move around when I would go by myself. Spend some time in my seat, go stand in the concourse area, walk around.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:52 am

At Canal Park.. the best place to see the game.. hear the game... and feel the game.. is about 12 rows back just to the first base side of home plate. The players g/f's (and some 'cleat chasers') and scouts and other "potentates" usually sit in the same area.. You never know who you're going to sit next to.. One time I sat next to Dan McCutcheon (now with the Pirates, then with Trenton) as he charted pitches and discussed the game...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:31 pm

How the Aeros handle the big price difference in tickets is going to be interesting, because my first thought of somehow adding a gate doesn't really work when considering the concessions/restrooms and even with checking tickets, they've understaffed the ushers for several years now.

Anyway, it seems the Aeros are trying to kill off their fans this year with the new menu items. I thought the 3 Dog Night (hot dog in a brat in a kielbasa with kraut and stadium mustard) at least sounded worth trying, but the Nice 2 Meat You Burger is just disturbing. I'm surprised they didn't put french fries on it, but I guess they wouldn't want to go overboard with *vegetables*.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Pork Chop Pough wrote:How the Aeros handle the big price difference in tickets is going to be interesting, because my first thought of somehow adding a gate doesn't really work when considering the concessions/restrooms and even with checking tickets, they've understaffed the ushers for several years now.

Anyway, it seems the Aeros are trying to kill off their fans this year with the new menu items. I thought the 3 Dog Night (hot dog in a brat in a kielbasa with kraut and stadium mustard) at least sounded worth trying, but the Nice 2 Meat You Burger is just disturbing. I'm surprised they didn't put french fries on it, but I guess they wouldn't want to go overboard with *vegetables*.

Am I the only one getting the sense that the Aeros are a desperate team and that we're likely looking at a move out of Ohio for '12?

Also, Aeros early bird pocket schedules are available (Indians and Clippers as well, none of the A-ball teams produce any anymore). The two-for-Tuesday (tickets only, not on concession items) and thirsty Thursday are back. Dollar Dog Mondays look to be done.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm getting conflicting info re: the Clippers @ Aeros exhibition game. The Clips are saying the 4th. The Aeros (who I'm more inclined to believe as they are hosting the game) say the 3rd.

Tony, is there anyone you could ask to get a definitive date on this game?
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Pork Chop Pough wrote:How the Aeros handle the big price difference in tickets is going to be interesting, because my first thought of somehow adding a gate doesn't really work when considering the concessions/restrooms and even with checking tickets, they've understaffed the ushers for several years now.

I still miss "The Barge" at the Captains games. A foot long kielbasa (which I believe they intially misidentified as a brat :s_biggrin ).
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm

kids and seniors discount on Aeros reserved seats noted (wasn't sure if it was returning until I saw the early bird pocket schedule).
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby npc29 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:

Am I the only one getting the sense that the Aeros are a desperate team and that we're likely looking at a move out of Ohio for '12?

Also, Aeros early bird pocket schedules are available (Indians and Clippers as well, none of the A-ball teams produce any anymore). The two-for-Tuesday (tickets only, not on concession items) and thirsty Thursday are back. Dollar Dog Mondays look to be done.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say they are looking to move out of Ohio, but I think they're dissatisfied with attendance.. And in a way I could see why. They bust their tails to put a good product (and do a good job of it, personally speaking) around the baseball team, which happens to have been pretty good for a long time now.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm

npc29 wrote:
Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say they are looking to move out of Ohio, but I think they're dissatisfied with attendance.. And in a way I could see why. They bust their tails to put a good product (and do a good job of it, personally speaking) around the baseball team, which happens to have been pretty good for a long time now.

I'm not sure what it's going to take to get people to come out in Akron. Good baseball sure hasn't done it. Maybe this is one of those cases where the early interest was almost entirely novelty and it never was a sustainable idea.

Hopefully the lower ticket prices help. (We really need a twitchy, nervous smilie for occasions like this).
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby martyinnewyork » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Maybe they should have stayed in Canton...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby jellis » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:46 am

martyinnewyork wrote:Maybe they should have stayed in Canton...

they had to get a new stadium then cause Thurmon Munson might be the worst stadium I ever went to. It was fun as a kid, but I had been to better High school stadiums.
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:48 am

FYI, I have confirmed that Columbus and Akron will play two times this spring. Once in Akron on April 4th and the other time in Columbus on April 6th.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:I'm not sure what it's going to take to get people to come out in Akron. Good baseball sure hasn't done it. Maybe this is one of those cases where the early interest was almost entirely novelty and it never was a sustainable idea.

Hopefully the lower ticket prices help. (We really need a twitchy, nervous smilie for occasions like this).

Why would you go spend more money to see the Aeros play, when you could drive 10 more minutes and see the Indians play for the same price or less?

That's why the Aeros don't draw. Maybe things have changed recently, but I remember going to an Aeros game not too long ago and they told us we couldn't bring in outside food. We had a bag of peanuts or something.

For a family of 4, this is/was a huge deal I'd imagine. At Progressive Field, you're allowed to bring in non-glass or cans. So a family with young kids can bring in a juice box and a snack for the kids and not have to spend $10-20 on concessions. You can get a decent seat for $9-10 bucks too at Progessive Field. Parking is about the same price too (if you're willing to walk a whopping 4 blocks).

I know Ink gets all upset...but when we say a lot of people from "Akron" go to Indians games, we're not talking about just the city of Akron. Again, Cuyahoga Falls, Peninsula, Stow, Munroe Falls, Hudson, etc. Other than Falls and maybe Stow, it's actually quicker to get to downtown Cleveland (with no traffic) than downtown Akron. Akron is just not a good spot for a minor league club. Even Cuyahoga Falls (the first suburb north of Akron) is only about a 15 minute difference in drive time between the 2 parks. Takes about 20 minutes from most places to get to Canal Park...about 35-40 minutes to downtown Cleveland. Stow is probably about equal distance depending on where you live.

Like you said though, maybe the lower ticket prices will help. Still think they'll struggle though.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:14 pm

TonyIPI wrote:FYI, I have confirmed that Columbus and Akron will play two times this spring. Once in Akron on April 4th and the other time in Columbus on April 6th.

Thanks! I have no idea why Akron was telling me the 3rd. The list of exhibitions above is corrected.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby A.Zajac » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:42 am

Granted this is a farm system thread, I haven't found any info on single-game Tribe tickets yet.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:38 pm

A.Zajac wrote:Granted this is a farm system thread, I haven't found any info on single-game Tribe tickets yet.

Ask and ye shall receive. I had just logged on to post this very info (was going to do it in the "Beyond the Minors" section after browsing the threads, but, since you asked, here it goes:

Here's the seating chart. There have been some changes to what tickets are what category (including a radical overhaul of the upper deck). The Outfield Club/Infield Club distinction is not noted here, so I listed the sections next to the categories. I am listing games for the "Super Value" and "Prime" categories. All other games are "Value" category. I have no info on day of game markups at this time. I also don't know about single game All-You-Can-Eat or Party Deck pricing.

EDIT: I have added Party Deck and day-of-game pricing info.

NOTE: These are not projections (which I sometimes post). This information is straight from the Indians.

http://mlb.mlb.com/cle/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

TICKETS ON SALE FEBRUARY 28TH

"PERFECT 10" VOUCHER REDEMPTION BEGINS FEBRUARY 21ST
"Perfect 10" 10-game voucher booklet pricing (redeemable for all games except opener - no upcharge at window for Prime games)

Bleachers - $99
All-You-Can-Eat - $279
Lower Box - $349
Field Box - $549
Outfield Club (326-332) - $699
http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/cle/ticketing/flexplan.jsp (more info)

I know that the link says redemption begins the 28th, but I was told the 21st in a sales call re: the "Perfect 10" packs.

Standard Ticket Prices ("Value" Tier - 50 games)
Upper Reserved - $8 (no day of game markup)
Bleachers - $10 (no day of game markup)
Upper Box - $14 ($16 day of game)
Mezzanine - $20 ($23 day of game)
Lower Reserved - $27 ($31 day of game)
View Box - $32 ($36 day of game)
Lower Box - $40 ($44 day of game)
Infield Lower Box - $44 ($48 day of game)
Field Box - $60 ($65 day of game)
Diamond Box (supposedly including front row seats) - $75 ($80 day of game)
All-You-Can-Eat Seats - $32 (unsure re: day of game markup)
Party Deck - $60 (no day of game markup)
Outfield Club (326-332) - $80 (no day of game markup)
Infield Club (334-348) - $100 (no day of game markup)

Discounted Ticket Prices ("Super Value" Tier - 17 games)
PRICING GOOD FOR:
April 2-3 vs. White Sox
April 5-7 vs. Red Sox
April 15-17 vs. Orioles
April 26-28 vs. Royals
April 29-May 1 vs. Tigers
May 10-12 vs. Rays

NO DAY OF GAME MARKUPS
Upper Reserved - $8
Bleachers - $10
Upper Box - $12
Mezzanine - $18
Lower Reserved - $24
View Box - $14
Lower Box - $18
Infield Lower Box - $19
Field Box - $25
Diamond Box (supposedly including front row seats) - $35
All-You-Can-Eat Seats - $32
Party Deck - $60
Outfield Club (326-332) - $80
Infield Club (334-348) - $100

Increased Ticket Prices ("Prime" Tier - 14 games)
PRICING GOOD FOR:
April 1 vs. White Sox
May 20-21 vs. Reds
July 4-6 vs. Yankees
July 8-9 vs. Blue Jays
July 22-23 vs. White Sox
July 29-30 vs. Royals
August 12-13 vs. Twins

Upper Reserved - $8 (no day of game markup)
Bleachers - $10 (no day of game markup)
Upper Box - $16 ($18 day of game)
Mezzanine - $22 ($25 day of game)
Lower Reserved - $30 ($34 day of game)
View Box - $36 ($40 day of game)
Lower Box - $44 ($48 day of game)
Infield Lower Box - $50 ($54 day of game)
Field Box - $70 ($75 day of game)
Diamond Box (supposedly including front row seats) - $85 ($90 day of game)
All-You-Can-Eat Seats - $32 (unsure re: day of game markup)
Party Deck - $60 (no day of game markup)
Outfield Club (326-332) - $80 (no day of game markup)
Infield Club (334-348) - $100 (no day of game markup)
Last edited by Upper Box Woodchuck on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:37 pm

jellis wrote:
martyinnewyork wrote:Maybe they should have stayed in Canton...

they had to get a new stadium then cause Thurmon Munson might be the worst stadium I ever went to. It was fun as a kid, but I had been to better High school stadiums.

On a semi-related note, independent ball is returning to Munson Stadium this summer

http://ublbaseball.com/archives/249

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/x684392 ... on-stadium

http://www.cantonrep.com/stark/x1409899 ... -in-charge

I, for one, can't wait. I love that stadium! (now if C-Bus can only get indy or summer college ball into the Coop, I'd be overjoyed).
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Most of the prices for the Indians seem to be the same as last year. I seem to remember printing out the gameday prices from ticketmaster.com last year. I'll have to see if I can find the printout sheet so I can post the gameday ticket prices.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:On a semi-related note, independent ball is returning to Munson Stadium this summer

So a new indy league is going to open in four months, supposedly cover an area from New York to Georgia, but doesn't yet know whether there will be four or eight teams... and the first franchise they were able to establish is in the economic stalwart of Canton, Ohio?

Fans can submit their naming ideas via the WRQK-FM site or the WARF-AM site. The winner of the contest will receive free season tickets for life.

...or at least until the league folds later this summer.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Pork Chop Pough wrote:
Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:On a semi-related note, independent ball is returning to Munson Stadium this summer

So a new indy league is going to open in four months, supposedly cover an area from New York to Georgia, but doesn't yet know whether there will be four or eight teams... and the first franchise they were able to establish is in the economic stalwart of Canton, Ohio?

Fans can submit their naming ideas via the WRQK-FM site or the WARF-AM site. The winner of the contest will receive free season tickets for life.

...or at least until the league folds later this summer.

I'm taking this fairly seriously because they have an indoor football league whose ownership groups could run the teams. However, the quality of the stadiums could be questionable outside of Canton and Johnstown.

NOTE: based on the indoor football league, I expect this league's reach to be more like Ohio, PA, and W. Virginia.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:36 am

Lake County on-sale date (March 12) added.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:24 pm

More Indians ticket news: It appears that the $8 and $10 tickets will not be subject to day-of-game upcharges. Also, if form holds from last year, the Super Value games (April/early May discounted games) will not have higher day-of-game pricing.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Although they are ditching Dollar Dog Night, it looks like Akron will actually be improving their promotional schedule for the first time in years... these are the first bobbleheads they've put out in about five years:

The Akron Aeros announced their "Fun at Canal Park" Schedule for the 2011 season, which will include an Opening Night celebration, expanded fireworks nights and three bobblehead giveaways commemorating the history of the Akron Aeros/Canton-Akron Indians.

Opening Night - Thursday, April 7, 7:05 p.m.
• Postgame Fireworks Celebration courtesy of Wing Warehouse
• Magnet Schedule Giveaway (First 5,000 fans) presented by Albert Guarnieri & Co.
• Fridge Giveaway
• Thirsty Thursday (Dollar 12-ounce Draft Beers and Soft Drinks)

Expanded Fireworks Nights
• 14 Fireworks nights including every Friday night home game

Three Aeros Bobblehead Nights - Honoring the History of the Akron Aeros/Canton-Akron Indians
• Saturday, June 4, 7:05 p.m. - Manny Ramirez Throwback Bobblehead Night (First 1,000 fans)
• Saturday, June 25, 7:05 p.m. - Charles Nagy Throwback Bobblehead Night (First 1,000 fans)
• Saturday, July 9, 7:05 p.m. - Jim Thome Throwback Bobblehead Night presented by The Circulatory Center (First 1,000 fans)

Weekly Promotions
• Monday: Charity Begins at Home
• Tuesday: Two For Tuesday (Buy one ticket, get one free presented by Kraft Singles.
• Thursday: Thirsty Thursday (Dollar 12-ounce Draft Beers and Soft Drinks)
• Friday: Friday Night Fireworks
• Saturday: Celebrity Saturdays
• Sunday: Family FUNdays
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Also, it appears that the Captains have dropped 50 cent (or even $1) hot dogs from their Monday "Buck Night" promotion.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/prom ... p&sid=t437

Apparently, the promtion is too costly for clubs outside MLB and AAA

Indians are still doing $1 dogs one Friday a month and Clippers are doing 10 cent dogs one Monday a month and $1 dogs all other Mondays.

EDIT: Called Captains and confirmed end of 50 cent/$1 hot dogs

Also, the Clippers' promo schedule is up, but without the giveaways listed. Is it just me or are the Clippers one of the more unprofessional front offices (the business/"entertainment" end; the media relations and other people who deal with the baseball end do a good job) in the affiliated minors? Being government-owned (Franklin County) can't help.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/prom ... p?sid=t445
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:56 pm

minor league thread updated with Kinston (team hasn't decided between the two dates yet) and MV on-sale dates and a correction of the Lower Box price breakdown in MV (I was off by a section each way).

Hope to have Akron on-sale date soon.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Indians post updated with Party Deck and day of game pricing.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:31 pm

all-you-can-eat pricing added to Indians post. Does anybody remember if all-you-can-eat seats were marked-up day of game last year or not?

TM has Front Row Diamond Box and VIP Diamond, Field, and Lower Box categories listed, but I can't find a game where any are available, so i have no pricing info on these (all 4 categories were $150 last year, regardless of game category and with no day-of-game markup [i.e. club seat/party deck pricing structure]).
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:03 am

LC has rethought the $1 hot dog thing. They will have them Mondays and Tuesdays:

http://lakecounty.captains.milb.com/new ... p&sid=t437

Also, LC giveaways:

And the rest of the promotions:

Sorry, the promo sked is not available in list form yet.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 am

Aeros and Captains on-sale info added/updated.

Both team hope to have final versions of pocket schedules available at these on-sale events.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:50 am

Minor league post updated to reflect Captains and Aeros tickets currently on sale

Minor League exhibitions post updated to reflect Clippers @ Aeros tickets now on sale for $5 (General Admission) and the mess that the Buckeyes @ Clippers exhibition has become (aka When County and State Government Meet :s_biggrin )

Also, Captains and Aeros final pocket schedules available

EDIT: Kinston tickets also on sale. Will call them tomorrow re: pocket schedules
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Kinston pocket schedules available

I can also confirm (spoke with a member of the LC Front Office at the on-sale) that there will be no local exhibition games for the Captains.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:17 pm

exhibition post updated to reflect Kinston exhibition

Here's how the exhibitions break down by affiliate

Clippers - 12 (8 in camp, 4 after breaking camp)
Aeros - 12 (10 in camp, 2 after breaking camp)
Kinston - 11 (10 in camp, 1 after breaking camp)
Captains - 10 (all in camp) - they probably could've played one in Eastlake, but are really only willing to play the Aeros (booked with games against Clippers) from what I understand (They see the Clippers as too lopsided against them and LEC or Lakeland as too lopsided in their favor).
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Exhibition post updated with Buckeyes/Clippers ticket info.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Also, the final version of the Clippers' pocket schedules may be available at the exhibition Wednesday.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Has anyone received a ticket package from the Aeros yet? I ordered the 10-game flex pack as I have for 7-8 years now, but my vouchers haven't shown up in the mail yet. They sent me the (Clippers) exhibition tickets and the opening night tickets a few weeks ago, but nothing else. I think these have always been sent out by early March in the past, and some years I received them before Christmas. Fortunately, it wouldn't affect my plans for a couple more weeks either way, but I'm starting to think I'm going to have to call and complain this week. At least I was happy to hear that tonight's tickets can now be exchanged for a regular season game -- I wasn't going to be able to go tonight anyway.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Mon May 02, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm not sure if this would be more helpful here or under the travel guide thread, but since I had posted my ticket problem here, I just wanted to give a little feedback on the work that the affiliates do...

In the 8 years I've been ordering partial season ticket packages with the Aeros, I've always found their employees to be helpful and pleasant to deal with, whether it's been their ticket office, customer service, Infield Outfitters, etc. This year I didn't receive my ticket vouchers in the mail -- I don't know if it was a problem with the ticket office or the post office, but I called on a Friday afternoon, after 4:00, and they told me they'd get to the bottom of it and get back to me. My vouchers were in my mailbox on Saturday. A couple years ago, my glasses slipped out of my pocket at some point during a game, but customer service immediately sent out two people to check their lost & found points and quickly saved me a few hundred dollars. I've gone to enough games that I'm going to have a problem here and there, and I've occasionally been critical here on the forums, but their employees are always friendly and resolve the problem ASAP.

I've also been happy with nearly all the experiences I've had with the Lake County Captains... friendly and helpful. I did have an issue with them once when I ordered tickets online, everything seemed fine on my end, but I had no tickets at will call. They were just matter-of-fact about that and not apologetic, but that was one employee and has also been a few years ago. For a Lo-A ball club, the organization is really above and beyond what I've seen from other low level teams.

I haven't dealt with the Columbus Clippers enough yet to give an informed opinion, but will say this... I really hate that if you want to order tickets online, they direct you to Ticket Master. Never order Clippers tickets online. Call their ticket office and save yourself all the ridiculous extra fees. That said, Huntington Park is baseball heaven.

We really should be appreciative that the Indians have brought so much of the system within a short drive from Cleveland, and that those teams are playing in top notch facilities with good employees.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby MadThinker88 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm curious if its possible to purchase tickets for the minor league games at the Indians Team shops. Does anyone know??
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon May 02, 2011 4:46 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:I'm curious if its possible to purchase tickets for the minor league games at the Indians Team shops. Does anyone know??

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you can't.. I think it's just Progressive Field and Goodyear Ballpark games.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon May 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Pork Chop Pough wrote:I'm not sure if this would be more helpful here or under the travel guide thread, but since I had posted my ticket problem here, I just wanted to give a little feedback on the work that the affiliates do...

In the 8 years I've been ordering partial season ticket packages with the Aeros, I've always found their employees to be helpful and pleasant to deal with, whether it's been their ticket office, customer service, Infield Outfitters, etc. This year I didn't receive my ticket vouchers in the mail -- I don't know if it was a problem with the ticket office or the post office, but I called on a Friday afternoon, after 4:00, and they told me they'd get to the bottom of it and get back to me. My vouchers were in my mailbox on Saturday. A couple years ago, my glasses slipped out of my pocket at some point during a game, but customer service immediately sent out two people to check their lost & found points and quickly saved me a few hundred dollars. I've gone to enough games that I'm going to have a problem here and there, and I've occasionally been critical here on the forums, but their employees are always friendly and resolve the problem ASAP.

I've also been happy with nearly all the experiences I've had with the Lake County Captains... friendly and helpful. I did have an issue with them once when I ordered tickets online, everything seemed fine on my end, but I had no tickets at will call. They were just matter-of-fact about that and not apologetic, but that was one employee and has also been a few years ago. For a Lo-A ball club, the organization is really above and beyond what I've seen from other low level teams.

I haven't dealt with the Columbus Clippers enough yet to give an informed opinion, but will say this... I really hate that if you want to order tickets online, they direct you to Ticket Master. Never order Clippers tickets online. Call their ticket office and save yourself all the ridiculous extra fees. That said, Huntington Park is baseball heaven.

We really should be appreciative that the Indians have brought so much of the system within a short drive from Cleveland, and that those teams are playing in top notch facilities with good employees.

Pretty much agree with you on the NEO affiliates. My main problem is that the Aeros always seem 10x more discombobulated at the start of a season than any other minor league team I follow. Columbus gameday staff is pretty good except for the ushers following you to your seat after they check the ticket. Clippers FO is very pleasant to deal with 98% of the time, but they always seem to have 1 to 2 employees who take a fairly arrogant tone with fans (and it's always a new 1 to 2 each year as the ones from the last year are obviously not back). I ahve no issues with the Captains ever since they quit tolerating the denizens of the single game suites (seriously, in my experience, it was never the season suites) using the fans in the top row as targets for their beer and popcorn-tossing hobby.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Mon May 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks Woodchuck, I know you must talk/deal with the office people a lot, so I was hoping to hear from you. I was annoyed with the chaos of opening night in Akron this year, but I'd already complained in the Akron thread about that.

I've only been able to do two games at Columbus each year, but was quite pleased on my first trip... Memorial Day their first year as a Tribe affiliate, I was walking around well before game time with my camera, and one of the ushers invited me to take pictures from a couple areas I didn't really have access to.

One of these days I'll have to get to a Mahoning Valley game... no experience with them at all.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 pm

MV's actually a pretty awesome experience for a serious baseball fan. Not as serious fan-friendly as C-Bus or Akron (but close), but moreso than LC.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Return to Indians Prospect Talk