RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

video games

It's not always about baseball and sports! Talk movies, TV, video games, music, politics, news and more here.

video games

Postby jellis » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 pm

this forum says video games in the description but no talk in here. I assume with the age of many of our posters there has to be more than a few gamers out there
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Re: video games

Postby GoTribe028 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:30 pm

I play the crap out of MLB 10 The Show (really the whole series since 2007). It's worth the price of a PS3 alone considering the joke of a series that the 2K series has been for years.

Still play Fallout 3 and it's amazing I still find something once in a while I didn't notice before. I've played the main story at least twice, and played through the expantions. Didn't think they were much, kind of dull IMO. Can't wait for New Vegas to come out...I might not see daylight for a few weeks, lol.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Used to play a lot of video games, but time is limited as all my free time is taken up with, well, you guessed it. That said, when I get a chance I always get online and play a little Halo. Love that game. Or play some Wii with the kids. I'm a big fan of the horror-action genre of games. Fatal Frame, Resident Evil, Bioshock, Silent Hill, etc.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby JP_Frost » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:56 pm

My computer is too old to handle the newer games, but as soon as I get a new one, Mafia 2 is on top of my wishlist (absolutely loved the 1st one -- perhaps the best game I've ever played).

Hopefully EA gets the MLB license back in 2012 so we can get a good baseball game on pc. I played MVP Baseball 2005 for almost 5 years and did a few mods for it on mvpmods.com (one of the best sites out there).

Overall though, I'm not a big gamer.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Having a XBox 360, I play COD:MW and MLB 2K10 both the most.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby jellis » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:49 pm

I play a little bit of everything grew up on the commodore 64 and Atari, been mostly playing my xbox of late when I get the time
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:00 am

JP_Frost wrote:My computer is too old to handle the newer games, but as soon as I get a new one, Mafia 2 is on top of my wishlist (absolutely loved the 1st one -- perhaps the best game I've ever played).

Hopefully EA gets the MLB license back in 2012 so we can get a good baseball game on pc. I played MVP Baseball 2005 for almost 5 years and did a few mods for it on mvpmods.com (one of the best sites out there).

Please give the MLB The Show series a serious chance. Trust me, I love the MVP Series and would kill to see what EA would do with it today, but The Show series IMO is a near perfect baseball game.

Til I got a PS3 I kept going back to MVP 05 cause the 2K series was such a let down as far as game play goes. It's incredible that the series has failed to evolve.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:05 am

Consigliere wrote:Used to play a lot of video games, but time is limited as all my free time is taken up with, well, you guessed it. That said, when I get a chance I always get online and play a little Halo. Love that game. Or play some Wii with the kids. I'm a big fan of the horror-action genre of games. Fatal Frame, Resident Evil, Bioshock, Silent Hill, etc.

Fatal Frame! AAAHHHHH! :yahoo:

Resident Evil is probably my all time favorite non baseball series. I know gameplay needs to change overtime, but I actually hated Resident Evil 4 (played through 5 though, much better IMO). RE 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, Zero, and the remake of the first on the Gamecube are all amazing games to me. As cheesy as the storyline actually is, there was something about it that always hooked me in. :drinks:
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:10 am

Haven't really done any gaming since my PS2 gave up and died about 3 years ago.

Prior to that I was a pretty regular gamer, but never too serious games. More than anything it was just sports games.

I was into the old Acclaim "All Star Baseball" series - loved those games - along with EA's NHL games and pretty much every Madden going.

Also, the obligatory soccer games - FIFA & International Superstar Soccer.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:44 am

GoTribe028 wrote:
JP_Frost wrote:My computer is too old to handle the newer games, but as soon as I get a new one, Mafia 2 is on top of my wishlist (absolutely loved the 1st one -- perhaps the best game I've ever played).

Please give the MLB The Show series a serious chance. Trust me, I love the MVP Series and would kill to see what EA would do with it today, but The Show series IMO is a near perfect baseball game.

Til I got a PS3 I kept going back to MVP 05 cause the 2K series was such a let down as far as game play goes. It's incredible that the series has failed to evolve.

Maybe I need to give The Show another shot, but I thought the first one (2007?) was quite possibly the worst baseball game I've ever played. I actually had to go and buy the 2K game from that year because of it.

I'm with JP here, wish EA would get another MLB license.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GoTribe028 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 am

Hermie13 wrote:
GoTribe028 wrote:
JP_Frost wrote:quote]Please give the MLB The Show series a serious chance. Trust me, I love the MVP Series and would kill to see what EA would do with it today, but The Show series IMO is a near perfect baseball game.

Maybe I need to give The Show another shot, but I thought the first one (2007?) was quite possibly the worst baseball game I've ever played. I actually had to go and buy the 2K game from that year because of it.

I'm with JP here, wish EA would get another MLB license.

Not sure when EA can get an MLB license back....think 2013/4...no idea really.s

Also, the 2007 version was probably the worst available for the PS3, but it really does come down to opinion in the end, and I understand all the love that the MVP series gets still, I loved 2005 just like anyone else who played it. I just feel that for a couple years now, The Show series has been leaps and bounds ahead of any baseball game I've ever played.

If the Show ever gets a new set of announcers then I'll be in heaven.

I know it's probably impossible to due to license and money and such, but with the option to download expantions, custom rosters, play online etc. I think it would be awesome to have downloadable tracks from each teams broadcasters available for use just like it's possible to include custom tracks into the batters walkup, HR trots, or when a BP guy enters the game.

How badass would it be to have Tom Hamilton's voice in your video game making the call when you play as the Indians? lol
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby endlesssleeper » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:36 am

I no longer play, but when I did I played MLB The Show all the time. Seriously, probably one of the best baseball games ever made, and easily the best series around today.
endlesssleeper
Draft Prospect

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:55 am

GoTribe028 wrote:Fatal Frame! AAAHHHHH! :yahoo:

Fatal Frame 2, the one with the two twin Japanese girls, freaked the ever-living-shit outta me. I've never been more scared or intense playing a game or watching a movie than that one. Wow. Amazing game.

As a matter of fact, i may have to find that one and replay it.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:15 am

GoTribe028 wrote:How badass would it be to have Tom Hamilton's voice in your video game making the call when you play as the Indians? lol

I'd definitely never buy another MLB The Show game if this were the case, lol
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Entertainment Zone