Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Can This Team Win 5 in a Row?

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Can This Team Win 5 in a Row?

Postby Bearcatbob » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:13 pm

To me our only hope now is a quick winning streak - say 5 games. The pitching could easily deliver 5 quality starts. The question is simply - can we score any runs.

To me - the only hope is a quick trade to add an impact bat.

Bob
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Re: Can This Team Win 5 in a Row?

Postby daingean » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Bearcatbob wrote:To me our only hope now is a quick winning streak - say 5 games. The pitching could easily deliver 5 quality starts. The question is simply - can we score any runs.

Bob

I am with you on acquiring a bat. I will stop short of saying it has to be an impact bat but it could be a complimentary bat.

As for the win 5 in a row. This is baseball and it's a marathon. Teams get hot and cold. I think they could win 5 in a row but more importantly they need to win all/most of every series from now until October. I think winning is within our grasp but staying in contention through September will do this franchise a wealth of good in the future (winning will be even more).
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

daingean wrote:
Bearcatbob wrote:To me our only hope now is a quick winning streak - say 5 games. The pitching could easily deliver 5 quality starts. The question is simply - can we score any runs.

Bob

I am with you on acquiring a bat. I will stop short of saying it has to be an impact bat but it could be a complimentary bat.

As for the win 5 in a row. This is baseball and it's a marathon. Teams get hot and cold. I think they could win 5 in a row but more importantly they need to win all/most of every series from now until October. I think winning is within our grasp but staying in contention through September will do this franchise a wealth of good in the future (winning will be even more).

What do you mean can this team put together a five game winning streak?..

The Indians have won one in a row.. they're on the way !!
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby daingean » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:
daingean wrote:

Bob

What do you mean can this team put together a five game winning streak?..

The Indians have won one in a row.. they're on the way !!

why stop at 5
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Beyond The Minors