Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Magneticnorth451 wrote:A little change to last night's game:

Ubaldo now charged with 0 Earned Runs. The non-catch by Santana at first has now been ruled an error.


Was Droobs charged with the error?.. or was Carlos "Your Arms are Too Short" Santana given the error?...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 3797
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby Magneticnorth451 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:56 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:
Magneticnorth451 wrote:A little change to last night's game:

Ubaldo now charged with 0 Earned Runs. The non-catch by Santana at first has now been ruled an error.


Was Droobs charged with the error?.. or was Carlos "Your Arms are Too Short" Santana given the error?...


Not sure about that, but I'd have to imagine it was an error on Santana. I just got this info from Bastian's Twitter account.
Magneticnorth451
Draft Prospect
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:21 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby Magneticnorth451 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 pm

I don't read too well... he said E3 on Santana.
Magneticnorth451
Draft Prospect
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:21 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:18 pm

No LaPorta or Cabrera tonight (along with Brantley). 2nd night in a row for LaPorta, hopefully the ankle isn't too bad. Still havent' seen anything official on Cabrera. Glad he's getting the day off, hopefully it's just that though (one day).


And maybe a bigger no show in the lineup....Kearns yet again out of the lineup with Duncan starting in LF again. Not only choosing Duncan over Kearns in LF today....but Marson over Kearns. You could have used Duncan at 1B and Santana back behind the plate with Kearns in LF instead. Could we finally be seeing the last of Kearns? :dunno:
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7098
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby Chip Davis » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Magneticnorth451 wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:
Magneticnorth451 wrote:A little change to last night's game:

Ubaldo now charged with 0 Earned Runs. The non-catch by Santana at first has now been ruled an error.


Was Droobs charged with the error?.. or was Carlos "Your Arms are Too Short" Santana given the error?...


Not sure about that, but I'd have to imagine it was an error on Santana. I just got this info from Bastian's Twitter account.


Glad to hear that as it was clearly an error. I would find it hard to believe that it wasn't on Santana. He just wiffed it. Fantastic game by Ubaldo and boy does he change the dynamics of the rotation.
Chip Davis
Draft Prospect
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby Chip Davis » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Tondo wrote:2 very good wins to start the series....hope it's not just a tease to get me back into PO thoughts, which I had given up on already after the BOS and TEX series....obviously big game tonight...hopefully Carmona proves me wrong

And Kipnis...oh boy, he didn't take long to adjust huh? After his 3 for 22 start, he's now 15 for 39 in August with 5 HRs...his ABs looked much better from the start compared to Chis, his bat looks to be much better, the MiLB track record probably didn't lie after all. I hope Chis becomes more than a LaPorta, because right now he's guessing a lot too...for his position I would take something between Kipnis and Laporta and I think that's where he'll settle at offensively


Why were you ready to give up? They should have come home winning 6 of 7 against 2 of the best teams in all of baseball. While dissapointed I was encouraged that they can compete with anyone. All they have to do is stay close.

I also think that they are a better team than Detroit and if not for Verlander and Cabrera they would be close to the cellar in the central.
Last edited by Chip Davis on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chip Davis
Draft Prospect
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Hermie13 wrote:No LaPorta or Cabrera tonight (along with Brantley). 2nd night in a row for LaPorta, hopefully the ankle isn't too bad. Still havent' seen anything official on Cabrera. Glad he's getting the day off, hopefully it's just that though (one day).


AC's starting at short as usual and hitting 3rd
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:19 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:No LaPorta or Cabrera tonight (along with Brantley). 2nd night in a row for LaPorta, hopefully the ankle isn't too bad. Still havent' seen anything official on Cabrera. Glad he's getting the day off, hopefully it's just that though (one day).


AC's starting at short as usual and hitting 3rd


Just saw that....original reported lineup had AC on the bench with a lineup of Carrera, Kip, Hafner, Santana, fukudome, Duncan, Chiz, Donald at short, and Marson
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7098
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:27 am

Notes and Observations on the Tiger/Indians Series:

Fausto pitched very well to finish the series.. an unearned run and a tainted (ball off Fausto's leg) run was all that it took to allow Verlander and the Tigers to salvage a win in this series.. Fausto continues his consistent streak of starts, now dating back to June 26. (five consistent starts since returning from his DL stint) Nice to see Fausto step up his game..

The leadership shown by Droobs when he confronted Santana about catching the ball...was exactly as Manny described it.. nice to see. First step, catch the ball.. Second step, put your foot on the bag.. The flare up was over and done with inside of two minutes.. I'm sure Paul Hoynes will be ripping Mr Dolan for being too cheap to buy boxing gloves for the two combatants..

The heart of the Tigers order (Miguel Cabrera, Victor Martinez, & Jhonny Peralta) had a workmanlike / professional series getting 11 hits in 38 at bats.. These are the three guys in the Tigers order the Indians needed to shut down and were, for the most part.

The Twins come to town for a three game series.. A few story lines to follow will be Jim Thome's pursuit of the home run number 600.. Justin Morneau's potential return from a neck injury (he has been rehabbing in the Twins minors and has been just KILLING the ball) and the possibility of Shin-soo Choo being activated for the entire series. Another series win would be nice before heading off on an all-AL Central roadie to Chicago and Detroit..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 3797
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Tigers at Indians, Aug. 9, 10 & 11

Postby Tondo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:16 am

Chip Davis wrote:
Why were you ready to give up? They should have come home winning 6 of 7 against 2 of the best teams in all of baseball. While dissapointed I was encouraged that they can compete with anyone. All they have to do is stay close.

I also think that they are a better team than Detroit and if not for Verlander and Cabrera they would be close to the cellar in the central.


Well, it wasn't their play, which was much better than July for sure...it was HOW they lost those games that had me giving up...the loss yesterday is in the same category...a freebie run against Verlander in the 1st was the difference...Defense was the difference...the whole game yesterday comes down to Santana's lazy D vs A.Jackson's all out XBH rob catch at the wall...that's the game, that are the famous "little things" ...you gotta win those to be a contender and in those last 3 series the Indians kind of proved they can't win those...too young? too inexperienced? I don't know, but they didn't win those and that's why I don't think we'll make it even though I agree we are a better team than DET overall NOW...

The fan in me will be watching and rooting those games...and of course I hope I'm dead wrong
Tondo
Rookie Baller
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Previous

Return to Beyond The Minors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron