RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2010 Columbus Clippers Thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: Official 2010 Columbus Clippers Thread

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:14 pm

Rocky55 wrote:Carrera covers some ground in center. He's a nice player. Good pickup.

Will Pestano be pitching in Cleve next year?

Game over. Clips are the kings of Triple A Baseball!!!

Think a question with Pestano should be, does he, Stowell, Putnam, or Judy get to Cleveland first?

Something else to consider now that the season is over....does J-Rod or Goedert get a call if AC is out for an extended time (and Donald is still hurt)? Or maybe reward Head with a callup?
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Rocky55 wrote:Damn, it's great to see SOMEBODY related to Indians baseball holding up a championship trophy.

Jerad Head the MVP. I liked the announcers idea of giving the MVP to the whole team. It was a team win...Although if I had a vote I might have gone with Kipnis.

I agree, I think it belongs to Kipnis.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Congrats to the Clippers!

Now that the season is over, I expect Todd and Carrera will get a call to Cleveland to finish the season. Not sure of anyone else outside of that, but the recent injury issues in the infield may affect that. I bet Argenis Reyes is a guy they bring up for the short 10 day call as he is not a guy they have to worry about losing if they DFA him.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Congrats to the Clippers!

Now that the season is over, I expect Todd and Carrera will get a call to Cleveland to finish the season. Not sure of anyone else outside of that, but the recent injury issues in the infield may affect that. I bet Argenis Reyes is a guy they bring up for the short 10 day call as he is not a guy they have to worry about losing if they DFA him.

What's the current roster number of guys already in Cleveland?

EDIT: It's at 30.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Rocky55 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:34 pm

Hermie13 wrote:
Rocky55 wrote:Carrera covers some ground in center. He's a nice player. Good pickup.

Will Pestano be pitching in Cleve next year?

Game over. Clips are the kings of Triple A Baseball!!!

Think a question with Pestano should be, does he, Stowell, Putnam, or Judy get to Cleveland first?

Something else to consider now that the season is over....does J-Rod or Goedert get a call if AC is out for an extended time (and Donald is still hurt)? Or maybe reward Head with a callup?

I think Pestano could step right in to the 8th inning slot.

Sutton played SS tonight but he's not a SS so JoshRod could fill in there for the rest of the season.

Goedert could step in at 3B & replace whatever empty uni is currently there.

Head's been a good soldier & org man for a long time. Bring him up and send Crowe to the ground crew.

None of those moves would hurt the big club this season & these guys have earned it.

I don't know the roster issues & really don't care. There's got to be some dead weight we could trim.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:38 am

Rocky55 wrote:Sutton played SS tonight but he's not a SS so JoshRod could fill in there for the rest of the season.

Should be J-Rod, but I am betting on Argenis Reyes.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:06 am

TonyIPI wrote:
Rocky55 wrote:Sutton played SS tonight but he's not a SS so JoshRod could fill in there for the rest of the season.

Should be J-Rod, but I am betting on Argenis Reyes.

But will he get an immediate start at first base when they call him up? :s_wink
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:46 am

Vinnie Pestano has been called up to the Indians.....congrats!!!!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Rocky55 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 am

TonyIPI wrote:Vinnie Pestano has been called up to the Indians.....congrats!!!!

Great news for Vinnie.

I don't want to jump the gun but I could see Perez/Pestano becoming a kind of Wickman/Howry at the end of the game. :drinks:
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Rocky55 wrote:I think Pestano could step right in to the 8th inning slot.

Sutton played SS tonight but he's not a SS so JoshRod could fill in there for the rest of the season.

Head's been a good soldier & org man for a long time. Bring him up and send Crowe to the ground crew.

None of those moves would hurt the big club this season & these guys have earned it.

I don't know the roster issues & really don't care. There's got to be some dead weight we could trim.

I agree on Sutton at SS....but J-Rod isn't exactly a stalwart there either. Would prefer to see Josh get a shot though.

Don't get your Crowe comment. Crowe is a very good defense cOFer and has speed. Yeah, his offensive numbers aren't great (but then again, on the Indians they are ok). I'd send Duncan out way before Crowe. He has 2 pluses to his game. Duncan does give you a nice vet....though he has less ML experience than many of hte young guys on the team.

Crowe's batting line isn't that much different from Cabrera's. Guy also has 16 steals on the year. Perfect 4th outfielder. I don't cut him just to give Head a shot.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Rocky55 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Hermie13 wrote:

I agree on Sutton at SS....but J-Rod isn't exactly a stalwart there either. Would prefer to see Josh get a shot though.

Don't get your Crowe comment. Crowe is a very good defense cOFer and has speed. Yeah, his offensive numbers aren't great (but then again, on the Indians they are ok). I'd send Duncan out way before Crowe. He has 2 pluses to his game. Duncan does give you a nice vet....though he has less ML experience than many of hte young guys on the team.

Crowe's batting line isn't that much different from Cabrera's. Guy also has 16 steals on the year. Perfect 4th outfielder. I don't cut him just to give Head a shot.

Re Crowe, every time I see him play he makes some head-up-the-ass mistake, mis-read, bad route, etc. in the OF. Granted, I've only seen him a half dozen times this year. Tony says they're bringing Carrera up. I don't think Crowe will be around much longer but whadda wino.

Head should be promoted for the reasons I stated above, plus the fact that I think he'd be a much better hitter than Crowe. JMO.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Rocky55 wrote:Re Crowe, every time I see him play he makes some head-up-the-ass mistake, mis-read, bad route, etc. in the OF. Granted, I've only seen him a half dozen times this year. Tony says they're bringing Carrera up. I don't think Crowe will be around much longer but whadda wino.

Head should be promoted for the reasons I stated above, plus the fact that I think he'd be a much better hitter than Crowe. JMO.

From the looks of it, Carrera is not coming up. Nor is Todd. Just Carlin and Pestano.

I agree on Crowe though. Him and his hair needs to go.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GoTribe028 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:14 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
Rocky55 wrote:Re Crowe, every time I see him play he makes some head-up-the-ass mistake, mis-read, bad route, etc. in the OF. Granted, I've only seen him a half dozen times this year. Tony says they're bringing Carrera up. I don't think Crowe will be around much longer but whadda wino.

From the looks of it, Carrera is not coming up. Nor is Todd. Just Carlin and Pestano.

I agree on Crowe though. Him and his hair needs to go.

Forget the hair, what the hell is the deal with his eyes?! :shok:
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby chitowntribephan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Vinnie's dad used to stop by these boards as recently as last March when his son was recuperating from elbow soreness (see the Pestano's Injury thread below). I hope he's still here. He must be pretty damn proud of his son who was almost certainly not among the org's top 30 prospects two years ago or even last year. What a 2010 season Vinnie had though and he richly deserves this call-up. He will now likely get a shot to make the team out of spring training and/or contribute at the major league level in 2011.

I thought Vinnie might be borderline for making the 40-man roster this offseason but I'm glad to see the Indians reward him with a cup of coffee in the majors. Not to pull a band-aid off an old wound, but this is the kind of reward which I (and others) thought the Tribe management should have given Jordan Brown last year. I wonder if this is b/c Antonetti is in charge now.

If you're lurking, Mr. Pestano, congrats and send our best to your son!
chitowntribephan
Draft Prospect

Postby Pestano » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Chitown, I am constantly viewing the comments on the board but I have been banned from commenting by Vinnie months ago, the last conversation was something like "give it up Dad stay off the boards". But maybe if I just come on and thank everyone in advance for all the positive and hopefully future positive comments based on his performance over the next couple of weeks he won't bash me too hard.

I told Vinnie the only thing that matter was not to embarrass your last name, congradulations to Luke Carlin and I hope they both represent Columbus in the fashion they ended the season with. Frankly thier were so many kids that could have also been the recipient of this wonderful moment, Zac Putnam, Josh Judy, Jared Head, Joss Todd, Josh Rodriquez etc: I will say that Coach Sarbaugh always kept these guys in the moment continually telling them that anything could happen just keep working hard and good things are bound to happen so thank you Coach and Congradulations on your success!!! and lots of thanks to Tony for maintaining these boards to help these kids get daily recognition from thier peers.

Chow for probably a few more months.

Bill
Pestano
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby jellis » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Hermie13 wrote:

Crowe good defensively, not sure how anyone can say that. Every game I watch or hear he messes up. When I see them he never gets a good break. He is no even an average defender

as for Vinnie congrats and well deserved, he has played himself into that promotion and it was well earned
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 pm

jellis wrote:Crowe good defensively, not sure how anyone can say that. Every game I watch or hear he messes up. When I see them he never gets a good break. He is no even an average defender

as for Vinnie congrats and well deserved, he has played himself into that promotion and it was well earned

Crowe in CF, below average. Crowe in LF (or RF) is very much above average. UZR/150 is over 13 (both this year and last). Total Zone wasn't as kind, but in the minors it was. In fact, he's one of the best defensive LFers in the AL this year. Again, good CORNER outfielder.

I mean, Crawford is/was a bad outfielder if you put him in CF. Put him in LF and guys like Bill James are screaming to give him a Gold Glove. Just because a guy doesn't have the range/skills to play CF doesn't mean they aren't still good defensive outfielders.

Kind of like how Cabrera is a good defensive 2B....but put him at SS, and he's very much below average. Despite what a phantom scout says....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:44 pm

indians.com is also reporting that Luke Carlin is getting a callup......

So not 1 but 2 roster 40-man moves to be made by tomorrow night.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Rocky55 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:49 am

Hermie13 wrote:
jellis wrote:Crowe good defensively, not sure how anyone can say that. Every game I watch or hear he messes up. When I see them he never gets a good break. He is no even an average defender

Crowe in CF, below average. Crowe in LF (or RF) is very much above average. UZR/150 is over 13 (both this year and last). Total Zone wasn't as kind, but in the minors it was. In fact, he's one of the best defensive LFers in the AL this year. Again, good CORNER outfielder.

I mean, Crawford is/was a bad outfielder if you put him in CF. Put him in LF and guys like Bill James are screaming to give him a Gold Glove. Just because a guy doesn't have the range/skills to play CF doesn't mean they aren't still good defensive outfielders.

Kind of like how Cabrera is a good defensive 2B....but put him at SS, and he's very much below average. Despite what a phantom scout says....

Just to keep this Clippers related:
Do you like Crowe as a UOF over Constanza or Carrera or Head or even Drennen?

Read on the MiLB site that Constanza had a 33 game on base streak to end the season, and we know what he can do once he gets on base. Yet we blithely accept the fact that he's about to be a free agent without onsidering adding him to the roster. What can Crowe do that Constanza can't? Crowe's arm is better, that's it(IMO).

Carrera would be our best defensive OF as soon as he joined the big club. Not sure he can hit at the ML level, but neither can Crowe.

Head might not be any better than Crowe but he has more pop, plays a decent OF, has a decent arm, and seems to step up big-time in the playoffs. I like him & I'd like to see him get a chance to play in MLB.

We also have Drennen, Wegz(who should end up at 1B or DH), Jordan Henry, even McBride.

Just don't see the need for Crowe. Sure, he's a better fielder than Belle or Manny, but he's not as good a hitter as Johnny Mac.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby JP_Frost » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:17 am

It depends on what you want out of your 4th outfielder. To me it's a defense-first role, so in that regard Crowe isn't the ideal choice. Seeing as how he also doesn't add much offense, I'd have no problem cutting him loose and giving someone else a chance. The only thing he has going for him is that he's a switch hitter and has some speed.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:21 am

Pestano wrote:Chitown, I am constantly viewing the comments on the board but I have been banned from commenting by Vinnie months ago, the last conversation was something like "give it up Dad stay off the boards". But maybe if I just come on and thank everyone in advance for all the positive and hopefully future positive comments based on his performance over the next couple of weeks he won't bash me too hard.

I told Vinnie the only thing that matter was not to embarrass your last name, congradulations to Luke Carlin and I hope they both represent Columbus in the fashion they ended the season with. Frankly thier were so many kids that could have also been the recipient of this wonderful moment, Zac Putnam, Josh Judy, Jared Head, Joss Todd, Josh Rodriquez etc: I will say that Coach Sarbaugh always kept these guys in the moment continually telling them that anything could happen just keep working hard and good things are bound to happen so thank you Coach and Congradulations on your success!!! and lots of thanks to Tony for maintaining these boards to help these kids get daily recognition from thier peers.

Bill

Congrats again on the well deserved callup of your son Bill.

I can sympathize with a lot of the guys who did not get the call, and it really is an unfortunate reality check of how hard it is to make a big league roster. Luck, circumstance, injuries, politics, etc all play into getting that promo, much more it seems than talent/performance. I know guys like Huff, Todd, Goedert, Rodriguez, Hodges, Constanza, Head, etc are all disappointed, but this is the harsh cold reality of the game. Jordan Brown went through it last year, as did a Jordan Brown-like player on 29 other teams.

That said, cherish the chance/moment, and I know Vinnie will give his best! What a story considering where he was at this point last year!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:26 am

JP_Frost wrote:It depends on what you want out of your 4th outfielder. To me it's a defense-first role, so in that regard Crowe isn't the ideal choice. Seeing as how he also doesn't add much offense, I'd have no problem cutting him loose and giving someone else a chance. The only thing he has going for him is that he's a switch hitter and has some speed.

Bingo.

Carrera himself has Crowe beat in every possible category except the only thing Crowe offers is he switch-hits. That's it. And what good is a switch-hitter if he can't hit from the right-side?

So, if I am the Indians, I think I have seen more than enough and I either dump him this offseason on the waiver wire or trade him if possible. No more Crowe please. I'd rather go with Carrera in the role, and then give Crowe's 40-man spot to another young player.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Edible14 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:10 am

TonyIPI wrote:So, if I am the Indians, I think I have seen more than enough and I either dump him this offseason on the waiver wire or trade him if possible. No more Crowe please. I'd rather go with Carrera in the role, and then give Crowe's 40-man spot to another young player.

Tony, what's your thinking on Constanza? The Indians OF is crowded, and the only way he's staying is by being rostered. Do you think the Indians FO are considering it? I'm with you and others on this board in saying that Crowe is all he's ever going to be, and it's nothing special. He gets such awful jumps on the ball. His hitting would be decent for a CF, his D would be good for a corner OF. He really doesn't fit either position, though, and I'd rather he wasn't the first choice to start in case of injury going forth. I think Constanza wouldn't be a bad option, but I don't know how well scouts think that he'll "translate" (similar to questions about Brown, Goedert, and JRod).

Hermie13 wrote:Think a question with Pestano should be, does he, Stowell, Putnam, or Judy get to Cleveland first?

Stowell isn't Rule V eligible after this year, so... probably not. Same with Putnam. I'm thinking they'd have to blow away the competition (like Herrman did) to get up to the show sometime next year. There are so many other options to look to.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TitoFrancona » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:35 am

I've always been a little perplexed by the love Carrera gets on this forum. I really don't see this guy as even a 4th OF'er at the ML level. Defense is all he really has that I consider ML caliber. No power, doesn't hit for that good of an average, really isn't that good on the bases.

I'm not much of a fan of Crowe's but outside of defense, his game is superior to Carrera's in every way. I think Costanza has a better chance at sticking in the majors than Carrera. I see him as organizational fodder myself.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:39 am

Edible14 wrote:Tony, what's your thinking on Constanza? The Indians OF is crowded, and the only way he's staying is by being rostered. Do you think the Indians FO are considering it? I'm with you and others on this board in saying that Crowe is all he's ever going to be, and it's nothing special. He gets such awful jumps on the ball. His hitting would be decent for a CF, his D would be good for a corner OF. He really doesn't fit either position, though, and I'd rather he wasn't the first choice to start in case of injury going forth. I think Constanza wouldn't be a bad option, but I don't know how well scouts think that he'll "translate" (similar to questions about Brown, Goedert, and JRod).

Personally, I want to keep Constanza. Guy has performed at every level, has good speed, and plays better defense than Crowe. The only thing Crowe has over him is he switch hits, has a little pop, and the kicker is he is a former 1st round pick so a lot invested in him. I've seen enough of Crowe. He also is down to one option, whereas Constanza would offer more flexibility with a full compliment of three options. I can't get a read on Constanza from the org, but I know they were intrigued with how he would play given more opportunities in the second half of the season. I think there will be some consideration to roster him, but that would have to come pretty quickly I think as he is a minor league free agent and I think can start signing with teams in mid-October or something (though it may be late November like everyone else).

Stowell isn't Rule V eligible after this year, so... probably not. Same with Putnam. I'm thinking they'd have to blow away the competition (like Herrman did) to get up to the show sometime next year. There are so many other options to look to.
[/quote]

Stowell, Putnam, and Judy are the next three guys in line, and in that order, as far as relief options go. That Columbus pen next year is going to be loaded with talent to start the season. Judy very likely will be rostered this offseason.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Rocky55 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:11 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:I've always been a little perplexed by the love Carrera gets on this forum. I really don't see this guy as even a 4th OF'er at the ML level. Defense is all he really has that I consider ML caliber. No power, doesn't hit for that good of an average, really isn't that good on the bases.

I'm not much of a fan of Crowe's but outside of defense, his game is superior to Carrera's in every way. I think Costanza has a better chance at sticking in the majors than Carrera. I see him as organizational fodder myself.

I personally like both guys. You may be right on Carrera having only defense as ML caliber right now, but Carrera is younger than Constanza by quite a bit. Carrera's younger than Kipnis. In the couple of times I've seen Carrera, the defense has been awesome. I talking Paul Blair here. I believe, based on nothing but seeing him hit, that he could develop some pop as he matures. He's got a nice quick bat with some strength in his swing & decent contact skill.

I love Constanza's game. I love the bunting, baserunning, disruptive type player. I wish the team would roster him & promote him & play him but he's not beating out Brantley, Grady, or Choo. Great 4th OF, IMO, but not the prospect Carrera is. He turned 27 earlier this month, is in his prime, & could help the team. They should bring him up & dump Crowe.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TitoFrancona » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:30 pm

True Rockie, Carrera is much younger and definitely a better defensive OF'er than Costanza. But, based on his size, I don't see a whole lot of projectibility for power. It's not that he doesn't have over the fence power, he doesn't even have gap power. He makes Brantley look like ARod. And his base stealing isn't what you would expect from a player like Carrera. He gets caught stealing far more than you want to see.

At this point, he's Jordan Henry with less base stealing ability and a much lower OBP.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect

Postby martyinnewyork » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:33 pm

I think the Indians would have called Constanza up if they had any intention of adding him as their 4th OF next year. They know what Crowe will give them next year (meh) but have no idea if Constanza can play at the top level. I think Crowe's status as a former #1 pick will keep him around and Constanza will leave in the offseason.

Personally, I think Constanza would be my 4th OF. Let Carrera spend the year in AAA. Although I personally like Crowe more than most here (largely because I never actually watch him play), I think Carrera and Constanza are the two we should keep.

Re: Head, the fact that he is Mr. Clutch in the post-season won't help him if he gets promoted to the Indians.
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:40 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
JP_Frost wrote:It depends on what you want out of your 4th outfielder. To me it's a defense-first role, so in that regard Crowe isn't the ideal choice. Seeing as how he also doesn't add much offense, I'd have no problem cutting him loose and giving someone else a chance. The only thing he has going for him is that he's a switch hitter and has some speed.

Bingo.

Carrera himself has Crowe beat in every possible category except the only thing Crowe offers is he switch-hits. That's it. And what good is a switch-hitter if he can't hit from the right-side?

So, if I am the Indians, I think I have seen more than enough and I either dump him this offseason on the waiver wire or trade him if possible. No more Crowe please. I'd rather go with Carrera in the role, and then give Crowe's 40-man spot to another young player.

Except for power. And I question whether Carrera is truely a better base stealer than Crowe. 4 more steals....with more opportunities (on base more being in the minors) and more times caught.

He is younger, so maybe he develops that part of his game more....but at the moment, Crowe is the BETTER base stealer.

If the Indians decide to go with Carrera over Crowe....so be it. Not a fan of seeing Carrera possibly start 50-100 games in the OF with Grady banged up. Would prefer the more experienced Crowe.

I'd DFA Brown before I got rid of Crowe. Brings defesense, speed, and an arm.....Brown brings......some nice minor league accolades and a bat that might one day, possibly reach Ryan Garko levels (and that's probably a stretch).
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:45 pm

It would be nice to give Constanza a shot....but he is actually a couple months older than Crowe. He's like a Duncan, probably will get a shot somewhere for a bit, but he'll end up a AAAA guy. To me the only discussion should be between Carrera and Crowe.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Rocky55 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:54 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:True Rockie, Carrera is much younger and definitely a better defensive OF'er than Costanza. But, based on his size, I don't see a whole lot of projectibility for power. It's not that he doesn't have over the fence power, he doesn't even have gap power. He makes Brantley look like ARod. And his base stealing isn't what you would expect from a player like Carrera. He gets caught stealing far more than you want to see.

At this point, he's Jordan Henry with less base stealing ability and a much lower OBP.

Disagree with the size/power projection. While I don't see him ever being a HR threat, he's as big as Mantle/Mays/Aaron/Musial, bigger than Kipnis, & way bigger than Joe Morgan. He's got gap power now. Jordan Henry is a terrible comp. Henry is more like Constanza. Thing is, I like all three of them. Based on potential though, I believe Carrera's the best prospect of the bunch. JMO.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TitoFrancona » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Rocky55 wrote: Disagree with the size/power projection. While I don't see him ever being a HR threat, he's as big as Mantle/Mays/Aaron/Musial, bigger than Kipnis, & way bigger than Joe Morgan. He's got gap power now. Jordan Henry is a terrible comp. Henry is more like Constanza. Thing is, I like all three of them. Based on potential though, I believe Carrera's the best prospect of the bunch. JMO.

I think your's and my ideas of the definition of gap power are considerably different so I'll just let it go at that.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect

Postby martyinnewyork » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Crowe with 2 SB and 60% of the team's hits tonight...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby chitowntribephan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:12 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
Pestano wrote:Chitown, I am constantly viewing the comments on the board but I have been banned from commenting by Vinnie months ago, the last conversation was something like "give it up Dad stay off the boards". But maybe if I just come on and thank everyone in advance for all the positive and hopefully future positive comments based on his performance over the next couple of weeks he won't bash me too hard.

Bill

Congrats again on the well deserved callup of your son Bill.

I can sympathize with a lot of the guys who did not get the call, and it really is an unfortunate reality check of how hard it is to make a big league roster. Luck, circumstance, injuries, politics, etc all play into getting that promo, much more it seems than talent/performance. I know guys like Huff, Todd, Goedert, Rodriguez, Hodges, Constanza, Head, etc are all disappointed, but this is the harsh cold reality of the game. Jordan Brown went through it last year, as did a Jordan Brown-like player on 29 other teams.

That said, cherish the chance/moment, and I know Vinnie will give his best! What a story considering where he was at this point last year!

Bill, thanks for responding and congrats again. Just a great story in a season of few if you're an Indians fan. Here's hoping last night was the first of many scoreless innings in Vinnie's major league career. Please don't be a stranger on these boards. Really appreciate your perspective. We won't tell Vinnie you're here! :) Best to you and your family.
chitowntribephan
Draft Prospect

Postby martyinnewyork » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Don't know if this is the place for this, but Crowe made a great catch tonight and got down the suicide squeeze as well... incredible bunt...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby GhostofTedCox » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:21 am

Nice article summing up the amazing 2010 season for the Clippers. When you think about it, not only did the Clippers win the AAA Championship; they will also finish 4th in the AL Central. :s_wink
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Previous

Return to Indians Prospect Talk