RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

2009 Prospect Book Is Available!

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

2009 Prospect Book Is Available!

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:43 am

Pardon the self promotion for a moment....

Finally, the 2009 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More book is here. I feel like I have been updating everyone on this for the better part of a year, but it finally is here. Sometime today (Monday) I will be sendind the book to be published and should have the books in hand by the end of the week to ship out to anyone interested.

And, with that said, I am ready to start taking official orders for the book!

First, here are the details about the new book:

- The Top 100 prospects in the system are profiled with full, detailed scouting reports for each player.

- There is also an additional 27 scouting reports for players not included in the Top 100 list for various reasons. Players like Kelvin Diaz, Scott Roehl, Denny Montero, Kevin Fontanez, Chun-Hsiu Chen, and John Allman are included. These reports will also not be on-line at this time, and are exclusive only to the book.

- My previous rankings, my 2008 Top 50 and 2007 Top 35 to compare how the listing has evolved.

- Professional quality pictures for over 100 players (Ken Carr is da man!).

- Full career stats for every player in the Top 100.

- Charts: Top prospects by position, organizational depth chart, players released in 2008, 2008 Draft results, Rule 5 eligibles for the next four years from 2009-2012, etc.

- Full listing of all transactions for each affiliate in the 2008 season.

- Information for each affiliate such as coaching staff, location, roster limits, website and more.

- 2009 Player Development Staff listing.

- Full minor league schedule grid showing side-by-side scheduled for Columbus, Akron, Kinston, Lake County and Mahoning Valley.

- Rule 5 FAQ

Here is a picture of the front and back:

This is a sleek, compact book 150+ pages in length - over 60 pages larger than last year's edition - chock full of information on over three quarters of the Indians farm system (90%+ of the players stateside). The book includes a nice full color glossy cover, with a better overall design that is a real nice step up from last year. Also, like last year, from front to back there are no ads taking up space as every page is filled with information on the players and system, as well as loaded with charts, graphs, and photos. Bigger is not always better, but in this case I am confident fans will be happy with the additional information pertaining to the additional 50+ players included in the book this year versus last year's effort.

To order, e-mail me at tlastoria@gmail.com . When you make your "order", I need the following information:

- How many books you want
- Your full name and mailing address

I will confirm the order and give the quoted price (if you select more than one book), and then you can pay me by sending a check or money order to me in the mail, or you can pay by PayPal with a check or credit card. I will provide the mailing address or PayPal instructions after you contact me.

As far as the price goes, for one book the cost INCLUDING shipping and handling will be $17.95 (domestic orders only). For those that purchase additional books in the same order, these can be purchased at a discounted rate of $14.95 per book (no limit). The book is bigger and better, but actually is cheaper than last year as with shipping and handling it was $19-21 for most people. For those who do not have the book shipped and make arrangements for pickup, it is $14.95 a book.

As for those outside of the United States, due to the much higher cost of shipping depending on what country you live in, we can work out the details of the shipping cost and final price. Overseas orders are certainly welcome!

I appreciate the interest and support....and Go Tribe!

Any questions, ask!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: 2009 Prospect Book Is Available!

Postby jellis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:48 pm

can't wait for this just ordered mine, glad to support this great site in any way plus this will be a very nice resource next time I go to any minor league game
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Thanks Jeff.

I've been off the board for most of the last week or so busy finishing up the book and now taking all these orders and getting them ready for shipping. First shipment comes tomorrow (Friday), and those that already paid will see their books go in the mail on Sat or Mon, maybe even tomorrow depending on when the shipment arrives.

Thanks again for the support!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby gorman8621 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:25 pm

Tony,

I am definitely going to purchase one but wanted to make sure there was no deadline. I'll probably order one next week once I get paid. You don't have a cut off date for orders, do you?
gorman8621
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:51 pm

No cutoff date at the moment. Gotta order another shipment.

Just got the first shipment in the mail today and man did it comes out well. While I get the proof emailed to me, I am nervous until I see it in hand.:-)
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:13 pm

I was finally able to pick up my copies today. :s_yahoo

Nicely done Tony... :s_thumbsup .... now I need a few days to digest everything.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby JP_Frost » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:40 pm

Tony, how much will it cost to ship the book to Europe (the Netherlands specifically)?
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:46 pm

JP_Frost wrote:Tony, how much will it cost to ship the book to Europe (the Netherlands specifically)?

For one book, should not be more than $7-10 to ship first class. I have already shipped some to Italy, UK, Australia, Ireland, and France....and charged $25 total on all those. I'm still floored how someone in freaking Italy or France gives a rats patootie about Indians prospects!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby JP_Frost » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:50 pm

Consigliere wrote:
JP_Frost wrote:Tony, how much will it cost to ship the book to Europe (the Netherlands specifically)?

For one book, should not be more than $7-10 to ship first class. I have already shipped some to Italy, UK, Australia, Ireland, and France....and charged $25 total on all those. I'm still floored how someone in freaking Italy or France gives a rats patootie about Indians prospects!

so do my friends (they aren't baseball fans). For me it was just a case of having seen them play, keeping track of the team and before you know it I was sucked into Indians fandom. It's been 5 or 6 years already.

Thanks for the info on the cost. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it, but I have some parties/birthdays coming up, so I'll have to see how my finances look after that :s_drinks
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:27 pm

IMHO the best add on in the book is the Future Rule 5 eligibility listing.

Either there are a number of trades coming or the roster is going to look very different this time next year.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby jellis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:13 pm

its not fair you guys talking about all the stuff in the book, defiantly looking forward to mine arriving, I stopped reading the top 100 on site to wait for the book
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:50 pm

jellis wrote:its not fair you guys talking about all the stuff in the book, defiantly looking forward to mine arriving, I stopped reading the top 100 on site to wait for the book

don't stop..... there is so much in the book, anything you get done now just helps the rest fall into place as you go through it.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby carnegie44115 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:41 am

Got my book today, great work Tony! I really enjoyed reading about the guys that didn't make the cut, for your top 100, gave me some insight on guys I didn't know a whole lot about.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:29 am

carnegie44115 wrote:Got my book today, great work Tony! I really enjoyed reading about the guys that didn't make the cut, for your top 100, gave me some insight on guys I didn't know a whole lot about.

Thanks, and glad it arrived safely. You just got it yesterday? I believe yours was in the batch from last Saturday I sent. I guess media mail is pretty slow.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Already heard from someone (reviewing one of my copies) that they want a copy of their own.
Guess I'll be putting in another order in a few weeks. :s_drinks
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby jellis » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:26 pm

got mine today looking forward to checking it out tonight
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:19 pm

jellis wrote:got mine today looking forward to checking it out tonight

Told you you would enjoy it. :s_yes