RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Where is Dillon Howard?

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Where is Dillon Howard?

Postby Bearcatbob » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:30 pm

TIA
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Re: Where is Dillon Howard?

Postby OhioBaseball » Tue May 01, 2012 7:20 am

I don't know, but a lot of the high school and JC arms from last year's draft have yet to throw in pro ball.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Tue May 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Extended Spring training. These guys will begin to filter into the system Mahoning Valley, and AZL for some.
Fact is there are some hard decisions facing the Tribe. There will soon be a new influx of talent too.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby OhioBaseball » Tue May 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Howard's delivery looks pretty advanced and he's also quite physically developed already. Unless the Indians are doing some overhauling of his delivery (which I believe would be unwarranted), Howard should be good to go in low-A ball. Not that I think it makes a huge difference, but he's also kind of old for his HS draft class (he would have been a draft eligible sophomore had he gone to college, I believe). He strikes me as a guy that should be in Low-A ball.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Tue May 01, 2012 8:53 pm

I've noted a few times in the updates on the main site the past month that Howard tweaked his knee in spring training. Also got really sick. So he fell behind in his throwing program, otherwise, he would have opened at Lake County. I think he is really close to being activated in lake County....in fact, with Roberts leaving Lake County I believe Howard will be up in the next few days to fill his spot.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby ScrappyWahoo » Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 pm

I think Howards going to put up numbers Similar to Alex White did. He should probably start at MV just to get back into full baseball form
ScrappyWahoo
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby MadThinker88 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:17 pm

ScrappyWahoo wrote:I think Howards going to put up numbers Similar to Alex White did. He should probably start at MV just to get back into full baseball form

Starting in MV means he doesn't get game action till late June.
If healthy & ready, let Howard go to Lake County & pitch. Then adjust from there on how he does (either a later season move up to Carolina or down to MV when they start playing).
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ScrappyWahoo » Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Theres a good chance he wont be up untill the Scrappers open camp anyway, we are seeing with Wolters how much a jump it is from MV to LC. Put Howard in MV to get experiance for about half the season and see if he earns a call up
ScrappyWahoo
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby Hermie13 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 pm

I agree with MadThinker here. If he's healthy, send him to LC. Worst case he struggles some and you send him back to MV once the season starts, but getting work and experience in is the big thing for Howard. Obviously if he's not healthy/ready til mid-June then could send him straight to MV, but hopefully he's ready to go before then. The difference between MV and LC isn't that big for a pitcher IMO. tougher on hitters to jump levels it seems.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby A.Zajac » Thu May 03, 2012 8:17 am

ScrappyWahoo wrote:Theres a good chance he wont be up untill the Scrappers open camp anyway, we are seeing with Wolters how much a jump it is from MV to LC. Put Howard in MV to get experiance for about half the season and see if he earns a call up

You realize Wolters isn't in LC, right? He's in Carolina... so yeah, that's a big jump from MV to Carolina..
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Sun May 06, 2012 11:00 pm

FYI, had Howard not had the slight knee tweak in spring training and also not gotten sick, he would have opened the season in the Lake County rotation. As I understand it, he will be in Lake County soon. I can't get an exact date as to when as the powers that be tend to be vague on purpose, but reading between the lines and knowing he is healthy and good to go, I think he may be set to fill the rotation spot in Lake Coutny of the departed Will Roberts.....so a move may be announced this week.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Return to Indians Prospect Talk