RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Winter Ball Comments

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Winter Ball Comments

Postby GhostofTedCox » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:45 pm

I read where Jesus Aguilar made his winter ball debut for Leones del Caracas in RF. So I thought; Who plays 1B for this team; Prince Fielder? After looking up the team roster I soon discovered why Jesus did not play 1B. He's too small!
This team has a guy named Valentino Pascucci at 1B who is 6'6" and 270 lbs. He's 32 and had a September call-up with the Mets. Before that his last MLB experience was with the Montreal Expos!

The good news is, the Mets soon dropped him from the 40 man roster. So Chris Anonetti - how about a spring training invite. He would be quite a sight in Goodyear. :wink:
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Re: Winter Ball Comments

Postby artgold » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:28 am

Speaking of Winter Ball, anyone notice that Venezuela is still pretty dicey for players who may have made some money?

Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos has been kidnapped, the Denver Post's bilingual website, VivaColorado.com, reports, with other media sources corroborating the news.

According to El Nacional, Ramos was approached by four gunmen outside his home and taken away...

Kidnappings are becoming more and more popular in Venezuela as a way to make money. Many kidnappings are called "express" kidnappings, as the Post writes. This type of kidnapping is when armed men drive a victim around until a ransom is paid.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 2/33210483
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Prosecutor » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:31 am

Think we need to start worrying about Valbeuna?
Prosecutor
Single-A Phenom

Postby GhostofTedCox » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 am

In case anybody missed it; Wilson Ramos was rescued in the mountains of Venezuela under a flurry of heavy gunfire. Thank god he's OK.
It's not my call, but I would try to avoid Venezuela with winter ball players if possible.
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Return to Indians Prospect Talk