RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Brandon Pinckney

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Brandon Pinckney

Postby carnegie44115 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:09 pm

I thought that maybe Pinckney was just some career minor league ball player the Indians signed for depth, but then I realized he was drafted in 03 by the Indians. I can tell he definitely is not the best ball player statiscally wise, but physically and versatility wise is similar to Carroll and I am just baffled by how the Indians have handled him.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Re: Brandon Pinckney

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:04 am

Baffled how? Not sure I follow.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby carnegie44115 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:18 am

Just is there something wrong on not making this guy into an utility player that would be cheap instead of shelling out millions for Carroll, or why has he never been considered for the 2B position, I can see he is a free swinger with his lack of walks, but that hasn't stopped the indians with many guys.

Just wondering Tony if you have some insight into this guy, just haven't heard much about him, just curious who he was.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Postby indianinkslinger » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:05 am

carnegie44115 wrote:Just is there something wrong on not making this guy into an utility player that would be cheap instead of shelling out millions for Carroll, or why has he never been considered for the 2B position, I can see he is a free swinger with his lack of walks, but that hasn't stopped the indians with many guys.

Just wondering Tony if you have some insight into this guy, just haven't heard much about him, just curious who he was.

You're actually serious about this aren't you? Brandon Pinckney is the very definition of organizational player. Skill wise he cannot even be mentioned in the same breath as Carroll. He is a utility player who is hardly good enough to play AA without getting in his own way.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby carnegie44115 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:10 am

indianinkslinger wrote:
carnegie44115 wrote:Just is there something wrong on not making this guy into an utility player that would be cheap instead of shelling out millions for Carroll, or why has he never been considered for the 2B position, I can see he is a free swinger with his lack of walks, but that hasn't stopped the indians with many guys.

You're actually serious about this aren't you? Brandon Pinckney is the very definition of organizational player. Skill wise he cannot even be mentioned in the same breath as Carroll. He is a utility player who is hardly good enough to play AA without getting in his own way.

Ok maybe he isn't, but that's why I added on to my last comment about just being curious who this guy was. If he is nothing more than an organizational player, alright then end of discussion, my curiosity is Pinckney is now complete.

I'm surprise ludicrous didn't make it into your comment.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Postby indianinkslinger » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:23 pm

carnegie44115 wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:

Ok maybe he isn't, but that's why I added on to my last comment about just being curious who this guy was. If he is nothing more than an organizational player, alright then end of discussion, my curiosity is Pinckney is now complete.

Variety is the spice of dialog!
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby carnegie44115 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:51 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:
carnegie44115 wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:

Variety is the spice of dialog!

I agree.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:13 pm

Carn, yeah, he is an organizational guy. He'll likely just be a career minor leaguer.

Had a good year in 2004....but other than that has been a utility guy playing 2B, SS, and 3B at Kinston/Akron the last three years.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Return to Indians Prospect Talk