RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

2011 Columbus Clippers Thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: 2011 Columbus Clippers Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:19 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:Chiz back in the lineup tonight and singles in his first AB

Call him up! :crazy:

A 2-run triple for Chiz his 2nd time up :drinks:
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby entertheshoe » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:38 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:
TonyIPI wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:Chiz back in the lineup tonight and singles in his first AB

In the words of Dumb and Dumber:

Piiiiick 'em up!

(Semisarcastic btw. Though only semi)
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:52 pm

entertheshoe wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:
TonyIPI wrote:

Piiiiick 'em up!

And an RBI single third time up for Chiz.... :crazy:
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:03 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:
entertheshoe wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:
TonyIPI wrote:

Piiiiick 'em up!

And an RBI single third time up for Chiz.... :crazy:

Cooperstown! :good: :friends: :angel:
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby entertheshoe » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 pm

And now Chiz hits a 3 run home run in the top of the 8th.

4 for 5 - Home Run, Triple, 2 Singles. 6 RBI

I'm on my way to Columbus to pick him up and take him to Cleveland before the plane leaves. It's a 20 hour drive but hey, I have beef jerky.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm

He's so overrated... can't even hit for a cycle.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby indianinkslinger » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Gomez pitched 8 very workmanlike shutout innings. Gave up 5 hits and 4 BBs. Not his best but good enough.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Another very good outing for Gomez. What a staff down there.

Hagadone....lil shaky but clearly as ML stuff
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby ironmike » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:21 am

If Hagadone continues getting his fastball belt high and up like he did last nite he won't be much of a factor. From what he showed against the lowly Mudhens he's got along way to go. Was not impressed. Is it possible Nick Johnson will be at 1B during our next Progressive Field home stand?
ironmike
Single-A Phenom

Postby Prosecutor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:20 am

Gomez - 10 earned runs in his last 7 starts covering 51 innings. That's a 1.76 ERA. I have to believe he's pitching better than Fausto right now. And he's going deep into games, averaging over 7 innings per start.

Knowing that making or missing the playoffs may come down to one game, how long can the Tribe stick with Fausto given the way Gomez, McAllister and Barnes are pitching in Columbus?
Prosecutor
Single-A Phenom

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:23 pm

Prosecutor wrote:Gomez - 10 earned runs in his last 7 starts covering 51 innings. That's a 1.76 ERA. I have to believe he's pitching better than Fausto right now. And he's going deep into games, averaging over 7 innings per start.

Knowing that making or missing the playoffs may come down to one game, how long can the Tribe stick with Fausto given the way Gomez, McAllister and Barnes are pitching in Columbus?

At least through Fausto's start on Sunday night.. after that?.. who's to say. The note that Belcher is working with Fausto to work through whatever he's working through (I'm sure Rick Manning would call for some adjustments.. geez, you just gotta love it when you get such highly insightful commentary like that). What this means is everything and nothing.

The number one thing the Indians need to do with fausto.. STOP LETTING HIM THROW THAT DAMN SLIDER. The general rule of thumb as it relates to a pitcher.. don't get beat on anything other than your best pitch. Sure, you have to show an assortment to keep guys off the your best pitch, but, just do that.. show it. Fausto's sinker is good enough to win games. Fastball command..is the path to Fausto's effectiveness.. period..

what say you?
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:29 pm

ironmike wrote:If Hagadone continues getting his fastball belt high and up like he did last nite he won't be much of a factor. From what he showed against the lowly Mudhens he's got along way to go. Was not impressed. Is it possible Nick Johnson will be at 1B during our next Progressive Field home stand?

I sure hope not. Still doesn't look right at the plate. But then again, decision time is a week from today on him...

Was definitely hoping to see more out of Hags in Cbus. Thought he could really help out the big league club this season (and he still could). Would have been a nice addition....and could have made Raffy expendable in a trade to get a bat...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Given JeanMar's early season outings.. he's as ready as the Indians could expect for a AAA SP. He's painting with black with his fastball and pitches off it very well.. This is the type of offering that plays very well at the MLB Level. He's ready..

Huff appears to be just as ready, if not more...

Z-Mac is ready.. can't argue with his results..

The depth is there.. There is no reason to continue with an ineffective starter if you measure effectiveness on results and not how the pitcher is actually throwing the ball.. We shall see....
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Prosecutor wrote:Gomez - 10 earned runs in his last 7 starts covering 51 innings. That's a 1.76 ERA. I have to believe he's pitching better than Fausto right now. And he's going deep into games, averaging over 7 innings per start.

Tribe is in a tough bind with Fausto. I mean, could Gomez, Huff, or McAllister (Barnes isn't on the 40 and doubt he's an option already) pitch better than what Fausto has done in his last 8 starts (8.87 ERA)? Yup, I bet all 3 could do that.

Then again....could Gomez, Huff, or McAllister pitch better than what Fausto did in his first 8 starts (3.83 ERA while averaging 6.5 innings a start)? um...yeah possible, but that's expecting a lot from a young guy.

I still say you gotta give Carmona 2 more starts....and Tony's idea of til the All-Star break makes a ton of sense too. That is a good time to make a drastic change IMO (which moving Carmona would be).
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Watching Hagadone fill the bases (a chinker/texas leaguer, a single, a balk and a walk) wasn't what I was expecting... Looking at his mechanics, his downward plane on his fastball was very good. He threw almost all fastballs, had a nice two to one ratio of strikes to balls and escaped any damage by inducing a well turned DP.

On the whole, a successful outing in as much as he was able to maintain the shutout JeanMar started....
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:00 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:Watching Hagadone fill the bases (a chinker/texas leaguer, a single, a balk and a walk) wasn't what I was expecting... Looking at his mechanics, his downward plane on his fastball was very good. He threw almost all fastballs, had a nice two to one ratio of strikes to balls and escaped any damage by inducing a well turned DP.

On the whole, a successful outing in as much as he was able to maintain the shutout JeanMar started....

hmm....what double play did Hagadone induce? Because he had 2 strikeouts and then a lineout to end the game....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Jensen Lewis released according to Hoynes on twitter
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Prosecutor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:44 pm

The number one thing the Indians need to do with fausto.. STOP LETTING HIM THROW THAT DAMN SLIDER. The general rule of thumb as it relates to a pitcher.. don't get beat on anything other than your best pitch. Sure, you have to show an assortment to keep guys off the your best pitch, but, just do that.. show it. Fausto's sinker is good enough to win games. Fastball command..is the path to Fausto's effectiveness.. period..

what say you?

I say Fausto can't win games throwing nothing but fastballs. No pitcher can. When hitters know the heater is coming they foul it off all day until he makes a mistake or walks them. I'm tired of watching him throw four or five fastballs in a row with each one getting fouled into the dirt. He wears himself out doing that. Sometimes he's up to 50 pitches in the 3rd inning.

When he was successful at the end of last season it was because of his changeup. Belcher got him to change his grip which created more difference in velocity between the changeup and fastball. I don't know why that's not working now, but I agree he needs to scrap the slider and concentrate on the fastball and changeup. When he elevates the slider, which happens at least 2-3 times per game, it's bye-bye baseball.
Prosecutor
Single-A Phenom

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Hermie13 wrote:

Tribe is in a tough bind with Fausto. I mean, could Gomez, Huff, or McAllister (Barnes isn't on the 40 and doubt he's an option already) pitch better than what Fausto has done in his last 8 starts (8.87 ERA)? Yup, I bet all 3 could do that.

Then again....could Gomez, Huff, or McAllister pitch better than what Fausto did in his first 8 starts (3.83 ERA while averaging 6.5 innings a start)? um...yeah possible, but that's expecting a lot from a young guy.

I still say you gotta give Carmona 2 more starts....and Tony's idea of til the All-Star break makes a ton of sense too. That is a good time to make a drastic change IMO (which moving Carmona would be).

I certainly agree with both of you about the excellent options for promotion from the Columbus pitching staff but I do not think the most vulnerable from our ML current starters is Carmona. I think it is Talbot who may be used as trade bait during the next month. I don't feel Talbot has done anything bad to warrant this. But he is a bit injury prone and is unlikely to ever be more than BOR IMO. Although I do believe that Gomez is best suited to take Talbot's spot in the rotation, there are reasons to consider either Huff or McAllister. :pleasantry:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby bmonnig » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Good to hear CC Lee's finally moving up to AAA. Now, I'd like to see Espino get bumped up. I know he's not a priority prospect but he still has some upside which likely can't be said for retreads like Martinez/Germano.
bmonnig
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby Tondo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:53 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:Jensen Lewis released according to Hoynes on twitter

Don't get it...Jensen is 27yo, has a 3.68 career MLB ERA, is a "homegrown" spec and not on the 40man, whereas Germano is older, has much worse track record and was a filler depth sign last year and he's on the 40man...Germano even has an even worse ERA than Lewis at AAA

Dont get this...would have DFAed Martinez, C.Smith and Germano before Lewis...but oh well, good luck Jensen
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Tondo wrote:

Don't get it...Jensen is 27yo, has a 3.68 career MLB ERA, is a "homegrown" spec and not on the 40man, whereas Germano is older, has much worse track record and was a filler depth sign last year and he's on the 40man...Germano even has an even worse ERA than Lewis at AAA

Dont get this...would have DFAed Martinez, C.Smith and Germano before Lewis...but oh well, good luck Jensen

Where did you get the idea that Germano is on our 40? He was DFA'd some time ago. But I feel confident that Smith and Germano will join Lewis soon if injury doesn't save their jobs. Marinez serves a purpose as a spot starter and long relief so as not to burn out the real specs in Columbus. :pleasantry:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby Tondo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm

My bad, wasn't sure and just looked at IPI's payroll page and Germano was listed, so I assumed he was still on it...still a head scratching move, although I wasn't a big fan of Lewis he still was an "ok" 6th/7th RP option...kinda like Herrmann.

Lewis had a sub 4 MLB ERA in almost 200 MLB IP...a guy like C.Smith can't even keep his ERA under 4 in the minors (4+ ERA in 7of8 years in the Minors)....it's nit picking, since I don't want to see any of them in a Tribe uni but it seems unfair that Lewis got the hit imho
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 pm

milb.com has Chen going up instead of CC Lee

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... 7&sid=t445

I'm guessing this is a typographical error.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby entertheshoe » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:milb.com has Chen going up instead of CC Lee

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... 7&sid=t445

I'm guessing this is a typographical error.

Columbus has Chen added to their roster too.

Plot thickens?

Edit: False alarm
Last edited by entertheshoe on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby criznit2009 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Chiz with a grand salami in his 1st at bat tonight.... Look like his little break did him wonders! :yahoo:
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Edible14 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Tondo wrote:

As was pointed out, this wasn't a 40 man issue as nobody in the Columbus bullpen except for Judy and Hagadone is on the 40.

While I'm not surprised to see Jensen go, I am surprised that Joe Martinez remains. I know he has value as a spot starter/long relief guy... but can't Germano do the exact same thing? Really... couldn't Espino or Berger do that? Hell, if they really need a starter at some point, they have Anthony Reyes floating around somewhere (unless they released him without me noticing).
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby daingean » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Tondo wrote:

The story out of spring training is that Jensen's velocity was down (I mean way down). I guess he hadn't regained it. I am sure he will get a shot with someone else because he can pitch.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Edible14 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 pm

daingean wrote:The story out of spring training is that Jensen's velocity was down (I mean way down). I guess he hadn't regained it. I am sure he will get a shot with someone else because he can pitch.

I think we've seen the last of Jensen Lewis in the bigs. He might catch on for a AAA team for a spell, but I can't imagine any team thinking that a guy like Jensen is going to be a better option than whatever homegrown relief prospects they have in AA/AAA in a pinch. Especially when he would have to make more money than said homegrown guys. Right handers who can't crack 90 aren't the kind of pitchers that get a lot of chances.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:13 am

Lewis had some pretty bad numbers....almost two baserunners an inning allowing 40 hits and 15 walks in 28 innings pitched. Not good. Plus the low velocity.

Moving on......the trip to the DL for Chisenhall was just what the doctor ordered. Gave him time to catch his breath, re-evaluate, and tinker with some things to get his swing back on track...then viola! Look at what happens his first three games back.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby indianinkslinger » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:41 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Lewis had some pretty bad numbers....almost two baserunners an inning allowing 40 hits and 15 walks in 28 innings pitched. Not good. Plus the low velocity.

Moving on......the trip to the DL for Chisenhall was just what the doctor ordered. Gave him time to catch his breath, re-evaluate, and tinker with some things to get his swing back on track...then viola! Look at what happens his first three games back.

Looks like you are going to see a great game tonight Tony. The "juggernaut" Clipper offense and the emerging Barnes against the best pitching prospect in the IL and likely one of the best specs in baseball, Teheran. It should be a very good standard for our younger prospects and a test for Nick Johnson. Be sure and wave, I'll be watching. :friends:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby entertheshoe » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:50 pm

I don't care what people say, the way Valbuena is swinging the bat, he should be in the big leagues. He can play 4+ positions, swings the bat better than Everett, and would be an equally good pinch runner. But then again he isn't terrible like Kearns, Duncan, and Buck so he might have to make it for some other team.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby Edible14 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:07 am

entertheshoe wrote:I don't care what people say, the way Valbuena is swinging the bat, he should be in the big leagues. He can play 4+ positions, swings the bat better than Everett, and would be an equally good pinch runner. But then again he isn't terrible like Kearns, Duncan, and Buck so he might have to make it for some other team.

I wouldn't mind getting Luis V some time up in the bigs. Problem is that Donald is also due for a promotion (I think Everett is basically keeping his roster spot - and jersey number - warm) first. Either you'd have to call Phelps down or you would have to release OCab/Hannahan to make room for Luis. I think I would want to see some big league success out of Phelps or Donald before getting rid of the veterans.

Just the way things work sometimes. If he keeps playing the way he has been, he'll get another shot.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:36 am

Lots of interesting stuff shared between me and some scouts during the game. One guy said Valbuena has no business being in AAA and needs a bigger challenge in bigs.....though he quickly said he can't trust his defense even though he has some versatility.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Chiefroy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:57 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Lots of interesting stuff shared between me and some scouts during the game. One guy said Valbuena has no business being in AAA and needs a bigger challenge in bigs.....though he quickly said he can't trust his defense even though he has some versatility.

Hard to argue with this. Valbuena was probably rushed a bit by Seattle and then Cleveland, so I think this extended time at Columbus was just what he needed. He's had a solid season so far and is having a terrific month of June. He's done nothing but hit each season at Columbus and he's now probably as ready as he'll ever be. Though he's another lefty bat, he hasn't embarassed himself this season vs lefty pitchers. Certainly deserving of a roster spot at the expense of Everett, imo. Though he's likely better suited for 2B, I'd use him at 3B in order to get him and Phelps both ABs. Ocab and Hannahan would ride the pine for the most part, with one being gone just as soon as Donald is ready....hopefully right after the All-star break.

I'm tired of this team struggling to get hits and score runs. We're wasting fine pitching and need hitters. Everett, Hannahan, OCab, Kearns are no longer or never were offensive threats. With our best hitters slumping, hurt, or on the bench, we need a spark from someone. Bringing up Valbuena should be our next move.
Chiefroy
Draft Prospect

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Nightmare late for Judy, Chisenhall and the Clippers tonight.

Leading 5-3 heading into the top 9th, Judy got two quick outs before back-to-back singles and a BB loaded the bases. Chisenhall booted a ball to allow one run to score and extend the game and the next hitter promptly hit a grand slam to put the Clippers behind 8-5.

All 5 runs unearned off Judy.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby entertheshoe » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:Nightmare late for Judy, Chisenhall and the Clippers tonight.

Leading 5-3 heading into the top 9th, Judy got two quick outs before back-to-back singles and a BB loaded the bases. Chisenhall booted a ball to allow one run to score and extend the game and the next hitter promptly hit a grand slam to put the Clippers behind 8-5.

I don't really get that. Why are all 5 unearned? Is it because the game should have been over when Chiz had his error? Seems kinda strange for none of them to be earned when he allowed two singles and a grand slam.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:20 pm

entertheshoe wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:Nightmare late for Judy, Chisenhall and the Clippers tonight.

I don't really get that. Why are all 5 unearned? Is it because the game should have been over when Chiz had his error? Seems kinda strange for none of them to be earned when he allowed two singles and a grand slam.

I agree with you.... when a guy allows a HR especially, some runs should be earned.

But, the rules are, if there's an error in the inning (not just the final frame) any runs that score with two outs are unearned because the inning should effectively be over.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby indianinkslinger » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:23 pm

entertheshoe wrote:

The game should have been over on Chisenhall's error with no runs scoring. Therefore, all susequent runs, as well as the one which scored on the error, are unearned to the pitcher. But it was a preety bad job of closing nonetheless. :pleasantry:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby ChadS17 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Odd timing for Nick Johnson to be pinch hit for.....hmmmm.......
ChadS17
Rookie Baller

Postby OhioBaseball » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Jason Kipnis with a HR tonight. That's 9 HR's, 9 3B's and 13 2B's this year. It's not that it was pure genius, but whoever was the guy that suggested taking a guy in the 2nd round that profiled as a 4th OF'er in the majors and trying him out at 2b deserves a raise. Still yet to be determined if the guy can hack it in the middle infield, but Kipnis has turned out to be a fine prospect.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby daingean » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:48 am

OhioBaseball wrote:Jason Kipnis with a HR tonight. That's 9 HR's, 9 3B's and 13 2B's this year. It's not that it was pure genius, but whoever was the guy that suggested taking a guy in the 2nd round that profiled as a 4th OF'er in the majors and trying him out at 2b deserves a raise. Still yet to be determined if the guy can hack it in the middle infield, but Kipnis has turned out to be a fine prospect.

That worked extremely well for JK. Of course, the same concept failed miserably with Trevor Crowe in the 1st round.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby toledobuck » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:32 am

Glad to see Fedroff get the well deserved call up to Columbus.
toledobuck
Rookie Baller

Postby TitoFrancona » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:38 am

daingean wrote: That worked extremely well for JK. Of course, the same concept failed miserably with Trevor Crowe in the 1st round.

The biggest difference imo, is that Jason was okay with it. From what I remember, Trevor Crowe was not exactly thrilled about it. I'm sure they went into it with 2 completely different outlooks. One upbeat, the other not really happy about it.

Not that I'm faulting Crowe for it, he didn't refuse to do it, he gave it a try but if your heart's not in it, you are probably doomed to fail.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:45 pm

daingean wrote:
OhioBaseball wrote:Jason Kipnis with a HR tonight. That's 9 HR's, 9 3B's and 13 2B's this year. It's not that it was pure genius, but whoever was the guy that suggested taking a guy in the 2nd round that profiled as a 4th OF'er in the majors and trying him out at 2b deserves a raise. Still yet to be determined if the guy can hack it in the middle infield, but Kipnis has turned out to be a fine prospect.

That worked extremely well for JK. Of course, the same concept failed miserably with Trevor Crowe in the 1st round.

Definitely one of our better picks. Though, Kipnis wasn't a novice to 2B like Crowe was. While Kipnis was primarily an OFer in college, he did play some at 2B here and there. The Pads drafted him the year earlier and rumors were they too were considering him as a possible 2B guy.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby smt1192 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Matt McBride called up to Columbus per Akron Aeros Transaction Page
smt1192
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby Chip Davis » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:51 pm

smt1192 wrote:Matt McBride called up to Columbus per Akron Aeros Transaction Page

I hope so as he deserves it. Would also like to see him continue to catch more frequently. That could really make his value skyrocket. Tony, do you have any info on McBride catching more often?
Chip Davis
Draft Prospect

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Chip Davis wrote:
smt1192 wrote:Matt McBride called up to Columbus per Akron Aeros Transaction Page

I hope so as he deserves it. Would also like to see him continue to catch more frequently. That could really make his value skyrocket. Tony, do you have any info on McBride catching more often?

From what I know, catching is only on an emergency basis. Not an everyday or even full time backup option, though looks like he may do a little backing up in short term in Columbus while Carlin is out.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby nubballguy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Couple of things: is it safe to assume that Chen would've gotten the call had he not been injured? Any word on his injury or when he is expected back? I assume he'll report back to Akron where he'll need to re-establish himself.

With McBride now gone, the catching situation at Akron seems super thin.
Regarding McBride, what is it about him that they don't see him as a catching option outside of an emergency? Obviously, as a catcher his offense plays up quite a bit which we all know (front office included) so what is it that makes that option a non-starter? Is it solely due to the shoulder issue?
nubballguy
Draft Prospect

Postby criznit2009 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Personally, I think we will see McBride catch a few more games...The tribe has nothing to lose by trying it and quite a bit to gain from it...
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

PreviousNext

Return to Indians Prospect Talk