Here are the box scores from the minor league games on Friday, as well as some quick observations:
- Russell Branyan was back in the Columbus lineup but only played DH going 1-for-3 with a 2B and 2 walks.
- RHP Carlos Carrasco went 5 innings and allowed 3 runs on 7 hits, 1 walk, and had 2 strikeouts. The more interesting news is he only went 70 pitches and had to come out of the game early because of a right lat issue, but he is fine and is expected to make his next start.
- Akron pounded the ball around the year for 11 runs on 13 hits, and were paced by OF John Drennen (3-for-4, 3B, 2 RBI), 3B Lonnie Chisenhall (2-for-4, HR, 3 RBI), and Nick Weglarz (2-for-4, HR, 2 RBI).
- RHP Jeanmar Gomez went 5 strong innings allowing 1 run on 5 hits, 2 walks, and had 4 strikeouts.
- RHP Alex White went 5 innings and allowed 2 runs on 3 hits, 1 walks and had 3 strikeouts. He threw 69 pitches and first pitch strikes to 10 or 20 batters.
- RHP Trey Haley struggled with his command going 5 innings and allowing 2 runs on 4 hits, 4 walks, and had 1 strikeout. He threw 67 pitches and only 8 first pitch strikes to 18 batters.
- SS Kevin Fontanez had a very good showing in the Mahoning Valley game going 2-for-3 with a 2B, RBI and 2 walks.
- RHP Takafumi Nakamura (pictured) struggled in his 2 inning outing allowing 3 runs on 6 hits, 1 walk and had 1 strikeout.
The 2013 Cleveland Indians Baseball Insider book featuring the Indians' Top 100 Prospects and more is now available. Also, previous editions from 2008-2012 are also available at a discounted rate. Just click on the book image for more information. Thanks again for all the support!