ATF: December 29
December 30, 2011
- Giovanny Urshela (3B, Cartagena Tigres): 1-for-4, 2B, K. Without looking at his game-by-game numbers, Urshela has maybe had just 2 or 3 multi-hit games so far this offseason as every game he either gets no hits or 1 hit.
- Joseph Colon (RP, Gigantes de Carolina): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K. A much needed strong effort for Colon who came into the game having allowed 12 runs, 15 hits and 6 walks in just 5.2 innings over 6 appearances.
- Rob Bryson (RP, Bravos de Margarita): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K. Just the second time in his last 6 games where Bryson has pitched a full inning. He is bending but not breaking as he has allowed 14 hits and 10 walks in 13.0 innings yet has a 2.77 ERA.
- Jose Lopez (3B, Cardenales de Lara): 1-for-5. Lopez has a modest 5-game hitting streak going and is hitting .385 with a 1.006 OPS in his last 10 games, though his home run and RBI production have stalled of late as he has no homers and just 2 RBI in his last 8 games.
- Asdrubal Cabrera (SS, Leones del Caracas): 0-for-1. Anytime you see a guy leave a game after just one at bat it usually is not a good sign. No word on whether or not Cabrera got hurt, but Cabrera was removed at the top of the 4th inning after being involved in a rundown for the final out of the bottom of the 3rd inning.
- Jesus Aguilar (1B, Leones del Caracas): 0-for-4, 2 K. Aguilar is scuffling of late hitting just .250 with a .708 OPS in his last 10 games with just one multi-hit game. In his last 2 games he is now 0-for-8 with 3 strikeouts.
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIBI. Also, his new book the 2013 Cleveland Indians Baseball Insider which profiles the Indians' Top 100 Prospects and more is available for sale.