ATF: December 23
December 24, 2011
- Giovanny Urshela (3B, Cartagena Tigres): 0-for-2, R, 2 BB. Urshela goes hitless again, but with 2 walks on the night that is now 5 walks for him in the last 3 games. He is hitting just .191 in 19 games, but he is now up to 9 walks.
- Joseph Colon (RP, Gigantes de Carolina): 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R (0 ER), 3 BB, 1 K. Colon continues to struggle in limited action this offseason. In 6 appearances he has now totaled 5.2 innings but allowed 15 hits, 12 runs (10 earned), 1 homer, 6 walks, and has 3 strikeouts.
- Jose Lopez (3B, Cardenales de Lara): 1-for-4. Lopez is hitting .307 with 5 HR, 23 RBI, and .841 OPS this offseason. Former Indian infielder Luis Valbuena is on his team, and Lopez is essentially replacing Valbuena in the Indians organization as Major League depth. Valbuena is hitting .279 with 4 HR, 28 RBI and .796 OPS this offseason.
- Asdrubal Cabrera (SS, Leones de Caracas): 0-for-3, 2 BB. Cabrera has now played in 15 games this offseason, and in 7 of them was held hitless and in 5 of them just 1 hit. He is only hitting .231 but thanks to 10 walks has a good .365 on-base percentage.
- Jesus Aguilar (1B, Leones de Caracas): 2-for-3, R, BB. Aguilar did not mash a homer or rip a double, but he had another good night reaching base in 3 of his 4 plate appearances. With the 2-hit night he now has his batting average up to .310 in Venezuela and sports a very good .391 on-base percentage and .552 slugging percentage.
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIBI. Also, his new book the 2013 Cleveland Indians Baseball Insider which profiles the Indians' Top 100 Prospects and more is available for sale.