2012 Prospect book now available for sale online
The new 2012 Cleveland Indians Prospect Insider which features the Indians' top 100 prospects and more is now available. The book retails for $22.95 (shipping and handling not included) and can be purchased on-line by clicking on the book cover below at the bottom of this page. You will be taken to an e-store to complete the purchase. If you have a discount code, you simply enter it during the checkout process.
The book is also available at the team shop at Progressive Field as well as the team shops at Lake County, Carolina, Akron and Columbus. The book is also available for sale on-line at Amazon.com. At this time I am no longer accepting direct orders through me.
The book is over 230 pages in length with full detailed and updated scouting reports for the Indians’ top 100 prospects. The book has scouting reports for every single player that played stateside with the Indians last season and was taken in the 2011 Draft, as well as a handful of players from the Dominican Summer League. In total, 185 players are featured, with over 30 new entrants into the Top 100 and almost 70 completely new reports for players not in last year’s book. If the player was in the organization at any time last season, a report is written on him!
As always, in addition to the scouting reports the book serves as a handy reference guide throughout the season not only for the minor leagues but for the big league team as well. The book includes a listing of the top prospects at each position, a 4-year ranking history, affiliate information, 2011 Draft results, projected opening day rosters from Cleveland to Lake County, Rule 5 Draft eligibles from 2012-2015, 2011 released players recap, 2011 transactions, 2012 minor league spring training schedule, completed 2012 Indians’ affiliate minor league schedule, and more! It is basically the IPI website in book format and a great reference tool all season.
Also only in the book and not on the website:
- Tool grades: The tool grades are back this year as for each of the Top 100 prospects they are graded on several of their abilities (power, hitting, speed, fastball, command, etc).
- Individual player transactions: This is a listing under each scouting report so you can see when each player in the Top 100 was moved to a new team or went on the disabled list.
- "Best Tools": This listing ranks the best in the system in several tools categories.
- Previous ranking: This is included with the tool grades so people can see where prospects were ranked in 2011.
- Upside and value grades: Grades to show what kind of upside and ML value each player in the Top 100 has.
- Latin Top 15 prospects: This listing profiles all the top talent coming stateside this year from last year's Dominican Summer League team or who were recently signed in the past year.
- College stats: Stats for all college players from the 2011 Draft.
This book will serve as all the reference you need this season to follow the 2012 Cleveland Indians and their future big league players of tomorrow. Order your copy today!
NOTE: Purchase of the book does not come with premium access to the site. For information on purchasing a monthly or annual site subscription, please create an account to view subscription information.
To order a copy online of the 2012 book or any previous edition just click on the image below. If you do not want to make the purchase on-line and wish to pay by check or money order, please contact me and we can make arrangements:
Follow Tony and the Indians Baseball Insider on Twitter @TonyIBI. Also, his new book the 2013 Cleveland Indians Baseball Insider which profiles the Indians' Top 100 Prospects and more is available for sale.