Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Grady Sizemore: Worth a look?...

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Grady Sizemore: Worth a look?...

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Grady Sizemore (knee) is healthy and working out in Arizona.. do the Indians give him one more shot?..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Re: Grady Sizemore: Worth a look?...

Postby Edible14 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:14 pm

No thanks. We have enough outfielders at the moment, and there's all sorts of negativity surrounding the last time Grady was brought in.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby daingean » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:23 pm

My only problem with taking him is that we need guys that can play right. Stubbs and Rayburn may be the only guys that can play right on the MLB roster.....depending on Swisher's shoulder.....Brantley, Bourn and Sizemore all have too questionable arms to play right.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:03 am

On a minor league deal can't hurt but definitely hope another left-handed bat is brought in.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby go_tribe » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:20 pm

I would like to take another shot at Grady, as long as his role is limited. If they can find a way to rotate him through the outfield and DH spot while giving him plenty of rest, I'd be all for it.
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:56 am

go_tribe wrote:I would like to take another shot at Grady, as long as his role is limited. If they can find a way to rotate him through the outfield and DH spot while giving him plenty of rest, I'd be all for it.

Would be a good/fair value and role for him..as he continues his return to MLB.. A second year "club controlled" option would also be a needed requirement.. Incentives should be heavily performance based...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GoTribe028 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:37 am

As long as we're signing Sizemore's to minor league deals let's include Scott Sizemore into the fold as well, he's a free agent now, also has 2 bad knees and has plenty of tools that would be nice for most teams if he could stay healthy.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Beyond The Minors