RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Ubaldo Had Quite a Year, Review Prior Posts

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Ubaldo Had Quite a Year, Review Prior Posts

Postby ironmike » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Here is a link to review prior to the off-season acquisition period its revelations are remarkable.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1413

More good stuff to follow.
ironmike
Single-A Phenom

Re: Ubaldo Had Quite a Year, Review Prior Posts

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:11 pm

hmm..

The Indians offense was good in the first half...Ubaldo was bad. Indians offense was terrible in the 2nd half....Ubaldo was good. Clearly it was the Indians offense that turned him around....lol

Tribe averaged 4.12 runs a game in 2012...and Ubaldo was bad. First half we averaged 4.78 this year...and Ubaldo was bad. Second half this year we averaged only 4.34 runs per game...and Ubaldo was good. Really trying to say it was that added .22 runs a game that made Ubaldo a 5+ ERA guy and turned him into a 3 ERA guy?!???

You were right on his stuff being great, I'll give you that (though don't think many people disagreed with his stuff).

By the way...what happened to that "retirement" from the forum?

http://www.indiansbaseballinsider.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1446&p=55609#p55609

I'm sure none of the minor league contracts we had this year helped at all....I mean, they never do right? :rolleyes
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:21 am

ironmike wrote:Here is a link to review prior to the off-season acquisition period its revelations are remarkable.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1413

The next good stuff to be posted will be the first good stuff to be posted.. welcome back.. you weren't missed...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby BrianM » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:57 pm

ironmike wrote:Here is a link to review prior to the off-season acquisition period its revelations are remarkable.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1413

IRON MIKE!!!!
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby Rocky55 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:37 pm

BrianM wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1413

IRON MIKE!!!!

I'm with Brian. Welcome back Mike/Sal. Nice season, huh?
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 am

Rocky55 wrote:
BrianM wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1413

IRON MIKE!!!!

I'm with Brian. Welcome back Mike/Sal. Nice season, huh?

I can hardly wait for a new conspiracy story.. You know.. where the Indians need to go get McCutchen while scoring 850 runs or when Tony is told by the Indians what to write so he can sell books and be a mouthpiece for Shapanetti.. Those are always good..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:44 am

Tim Lincecum has resigned with the SF Giants.. a two year $ 17.5 MM AAV contract. Seems like a high AAV, but, way better than a decade of double digit millions.. Crazy contract?. maybe.. maybe not.. The impact of the AAV on Ubaldo's contract has to be considered with this signing. There has also been comments that the lack of clarity regarding Ubaldo's 2014 option, is not an issue. There is no equivocation. Ubaldo can (and probably will) decline the 2014 option at a time suitable to him.

Even with the Lincecum signing at an unusually high AAV, the Indians need to make extending Ubaldo one of their two priority signings of this off season....
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Return to Beyond The Minors