RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2013 Cleveland Indians game thread

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: Official 2013 Cleveland Indians game thread

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Considering the "innings limit" on Salazar and the "dead arm" for Kazmir, I'm wondering if they should start flipping back n forth between the two moving forward. The other 4 arms would be Masterson, McAllister, Jimenez and Carrasco until/ if Kluber returns.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:10 pm

:lol just commical at this point, i want to see them win more then anybody just to enjoy at least 1 cleveland title with my pops before he passes, but damn the august breakdowns/collapse have to end!
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:30 pm

4 errors tonight.. that ain't gonna win you ballgames.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby timdav » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Sadly...it's s.s.d.d. (same ...., different day).
timdav
Draft Prospect

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Since August 2nd.. runs scored per game: 0, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2, 2.. Just 2.3 runs per game. Say what you want about the pitching, but 2 runs per ballgame isn't lighting the world on fire.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:53 pm

A.Zajac wrote:Since August 2nd.. runs scored per game: 0, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2, 2.. Just 2.3 runs per game. Say what you want about the pitching, but 2 runs per ballgame isn't lighting the world on fire.

not that the Pitching, or whatever the Indians call what those guys on the mound are doing, are helping things. the team is just all around playing bad baseball, Bad hitting, bad in the field and bad pitching.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:55 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:Since August 2nd.. runs scored per game: 0, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2, 2.. Just 2.3 runs per game. Say what you want about the pitching, but 2 runs per ballgame isn't lighting the world on fire.

not that the Pitching, or whatever the Indians call what those guys on the mound are doing, are helping things. the team is just all around playing bad baseball, Bad hitting, bad in the field and bad pitching.

This losing streak has seen TERRIBLE starting pitching, a worn out bullpen, bad defense, and an anemic offense. Just playing bad baseball all around.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Like the proverbial slow train wreck.. you can't help but watch and be astonished...

Hamilton with an inside out broken bat texas leaguer that squirts down the third base line.. a three hopper that Droobs tries to do more than he should with and boots it.. a high chopper off the dirt that is 1/2 inch higher that the pitcher can reach.. a cross fire fastball that deflects away with two runs scoring.. a broken bat hump back liner that gets over the second baseman's glove by two inches. and the beat keeps going on and on.. If it weren't for bad luck, the Indians wouldn't have any....

Just astonishing.. you can't think up a way to lose like this without using an EA Baseball simulator.. it just doesn't happen.. A very bad loss.. and now the Indians are on the verge of their second sweep for the week..

The only thing that can be said about the game.. Ubaldo pitched okay..not great.. not bad.. just okay..pitching into the seventh inning while giving up a pair of earned runs (three total)..is a decent outing..

ouch..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Hitters 3-6 tonight went a combined 0 for 15 with 5 K and 10 runners left on base.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:45 pm

7, will we win another game this 20 game stretch? i say no
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:53 pm

ACabs season almost makes you wonder how roided up he was, he's entering the baseball prime years and having the worst year of his career. odd he sucks when all the roid talk starts to bust some current players
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:50 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:ACabs season almost makes you wonder how roided up he was, he's entering the baseball prime years and having the worst year of his career. odd he sucks when all the roid talk starts to bust some current players

I don't think he was. I just think his approach at the plate is terrible. Cabrera did have quite the first half in 2011, inflated his overall numbers.

One thing that amazes me about Asdrubal this year is he came into camp looking to be in good condition AKA he wasn't quite the fatass he's been in years past, and now at this point in the season he looks to be on the chunky side again.
Last edited by GoTribe028 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby go_tribe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:04 pm

This is the low point in the season, but I think they regroup on the road trip and regain some of the magic thats gotten them this far. The rotation will be fine, Salazar is gonna carry Kluber's spot until he returns, and Carlos Carrasco is ready to contribute.

There are just to many leaders on this team to slip like last year. Giambi and Swisher won't let it happen.

They'll stay in the hunt and if they make the wild card spot, ASUTribefan can be banned and not allowed to post anymore. Seriously you are nothing more than a troll and I can't wait until you're outta here.
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:38 pm

go_tribe wrote:This is the low point in the season, but I think they regroup on the road trip and regain some of the magic thats gotten them this far. The rotation will be fine, Salazar is gonna carry Kluber's spot until he returns, and Carlos Carrasco is ready to contribute.

There are just to many leaders on this team to slip like last year. Giambi and Swisher won't let it happen.

They'll stay in the hunt and if they make the wild card spot, ASUTribefan can be banned and not allowed to post anymore. Seriously you are nothing more than a troll and I can't wait until you're outta here.

:lol :lol :lol Nothing trolling about telling it how it is, Dont like it? Maybe Message boards aren't you're thing then.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby go_tribe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:51 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
go_tribe wrote:This is the low point in the season, but I think they regroup on the road trip and regain some of the magic thats gotten them this far. The rotation will be fine, Salazar is gonna carry Kluber's spot until he returns, and Carlos Carrasco is ready to contribute.

:lol :lol :lol Nothing trolling about telling it how it is, Dont like it? Maybe Message boards aren't you're thing then.

You posting things like "Asdrubal is juicing" is not telling it how it is, it's just you screaming for attention.
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:52 pm

go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

You posting things like "Asdrubal is juicing" is not telling it how it is, it's just you screaming for attention.

Oh so you have 100% proven fact he's never done it once in his life? :lol I also NEVER said he was, lets learn how to read and try to keep up here before you continue to post, i said it raises questions.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby go_tribe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:59 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

Oh so you have 100% proven fact he's never done it once in his life? :lol I also NEVER said he was, lets learn how to read and try to keep up here before you continue to post, i said it raises questions.

Ahh your typical "let's learn to read" comeback that you've used about a million times. Look, nobody likes you on these boards, and I know you only post 100 times a day because you need attention, so this will be the last time I respond to you, but when the Indians make the playoffs this year, you aren't aloud to celebrate or chime in, because all you are is a fair-weather fan, and that's the worst kind. If you weren't so freaking annoying, I'd feel bad for you because seriously everyone hates you.
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:00 pm

go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

Ahh your typical "let's learn to read" comeback that you've used about a million times. Look, nobody likes you on these boards, and I know you only post 100 times a day because you need attention, so this will be the last time I respond to you, but when the Indians make the playoffs this year, you aren't aloud to celebrate or chime in, because all you are is a fair-weather fan, and that's the worst kind. If you weren't so freaking annoying, I'd feel bad for you because seriously everyone hates you.

And this guy says someone else is craving attention :lol :lol but lets not avoid questions here, wheres the 100% proof Cabrera didnt juice? oh you dont have any? oh i didnt think so, but then again you are trolling so im not surprised you made an ass out of yourself
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Nice job by Smith, still need another run or 2 to feel comfortable with Perez in the 9th
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby go_tribe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:05 pm

This will be a huge win if they can hold on, gonna need a good effort by Rage today
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:13 pm

That strikeout hurts big time, then chisenhall grounds out to the pitcher :rolleyes
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Very good come back win, now MUST get another W tomorrow and build off today. the Offense finally woke up after figuring the guy out and getting shutdown for 5 innings. Pitching is still rough, Defense looked bad, but at least the offense came around and with Kluber/Kazmirs issue and Salazar on an innings limit the offense will have to carry the team the rest of the year, and the defense MUST get better.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Yankees win vs Detroit on a walkoff, not that it matters
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby indians1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Big win for the tribe. It ended about as bad of losing streak in terms of timing as could be. They gave up 4 games to detroit and let KC catch them.

The indians have to build on this and take it one game at a time and go on a run. They will need a run like in 2007 and 2005 where they got hot for a month to really position them for a playoff run. Of course in 2005, they fell apart in the last week, but for the most of the months of august and september, they were playing good baseball.

We will need santana and swisher to finish the season strong and give jason kipnis some help. We can stick a fork in asdrubal. he's done.

He is so lost right now and it is like he doesn't care about his strikeouts. Coming out of the minors, he was a great contact hitter with good B/K ratio. Now, he thinks he is a power hitter and his K's have gone way up and he still doesn't hit for power.
indians1
Draft Prospect

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Great win for the Tribe and a nice loss from Detroit. Gotta keep it rolling now heading out on this road trip.

Side note about Cabrera "juicing".. He's never failed a drug test and never had a spike in his numbers in any year. His body has never ballooned up. If anything, he generally comes into camp out of shape. I've never even heard any whispers about Cabrera "juicing" so I think that notion is somewhat silly.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Musing on an almost lost week....

-The Indians showed the kind of champion's heart by coming back to win the game today. Asdrubal raised the bar by making a spectacle of that horrendous strike call.. Then Swisher started the come back with a huge opposite field blast....

-Droobs and PED's.. pfffft..

-The start staff now consists of Masterson, Ubaldo, McAllister, Salazar, & Carrasco going into the coming week. Who can name what it will be in one week?. (Remember, last week, before the Detroit series began.. the starting staff was Masterson, Ubaldo, Kazmir, McAlliser and Kluber)..

The Wild Card Race: The wild card race took an interesting turn with the Tampa losing last night. They are playing the Dodgers on Sunday Night baseball later tonight, so, for now, they lose a 1/2 game on the first wildcard. The remaining teams in the hunt all won or will win. Baltimore is putting the final touches on a route of the SF Giants, both the A's & Rangers scored 6 runs in Sunday Road wins to continue tied for the lead in the second WC, while both Cleveland and KC won, keeping them 4 and 4 1/2 games behind the AL West loser respectively. Heading into tonight's tilt, the WC race appears:

+1/2....Tampa
-0.......Oakland/Texas
-1 1/2..Baltimore
-4.......Cleveland
-4 1/2..Kansas City

with 46 days left in the regular season..

Don't forget the Perfect Game showing (@ 8:00 pm eastern) Tonight on MLB Network for the fans of the 2014 draft and draft prospect forums..

Thoughts
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:35 pm

A.Zajac wrote:Great win for the Tribe and a nice loss from Detroit. Gotta keep it rolling now heading out on this road trip.

Side note about Cabrera "juicing".. He's never failed a drug test and never had a spike in his numbers in any year. His body has never ballooned up. If anything, he generally comes into camp out of shape. I've never even heard any whispers about Cabrera "juicing" so I think that notion is somewhat silly.

Everth Cabrera is just so massive, all 5'10 170 pounds of him. There are steroids that just enhance you're athletic abillity and dont increase body mass
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Welp, we need to go into the day off thursday on a 4 game winning streak, these are must win games vs a team like the Twins especially after them we have series with Oakland, Atlanta and end the month with detroit again in detroit.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:07 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:Great win for the Tribe and a nice loss from Detroit. Gotta keep it rolling now heading out on this road trip.

Everth Cabrera is just so massive, all 5'10 170 pounds of him. There are steroids that just enhance you're athletic abillity and dont increase body mass

I still don't understand why you're bringing up the possibility of steroid use by Cabrera.. he's made some nice plays at SS, but he's not all that athletic. Look how out of shape he's been in over his career.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ChadS17 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Not saying I agree with the ASU idiot, but I don't understand how you can say he never had a spike in his numbers. His numbers spiked tremendously in 2011 when he hit 25 HRs after hitting only 18 in his career in the 3 years prior.
ChadS17
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:55 pm

indians1 wrote:Say what you want about Detroit, but when Dan Dombrowski makes a move, it usually works out. When Chris Antonetti makes a trade or move, you get what you get with guys like Reynolds, Myers, and Swisher.

Dombrowski has had several misses, but he just has been able to get around them as he has a LOT more payroll to work with. Think you're being a bit hard on the Swisher deal too.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:58 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:Welp, we need to go into the day off thursday on a 4 game winning streak, these are must win games vs a team like the Twins especially after them we have series with Oakland, Atlanta and end the month with detroit again in detroit.

No such thing as a must win game in August...unless you're 30 games out of 1st place and about to be eliminated.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:01 pm

ChadS17 wrote:

Not saying I agree with the ASU idiot, but I don't understand how you can say he never had a spike in his numbers. His numbers spiked tremendously in 2011 when he hit 25 HRs after hitting only 18 in his career in the 3 years prior.

Power did spike though hit 16 after that. OPS was at it's highest thought in 2009....arguably his best year at the plate.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:03 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
go_tribe wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

And this guy says someone else is craving attention :lol :lol but lets not avoid questions here, wheres the 100% proof Cabrera didnt juice? oh you dont have any? oh i didnt think so, but then again you are trolling so im not surprised you made an ass out of yourself

So....everyone in baseball may be on steroids and we should question everyone? Cause there's no 100% proof that any player in baseball is clean...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:12 pm

A.Zajac wrote:4 errors tonight.. that ain't gonna win you ballgames.

There were a couple plays not ruled errors that were borderline too IMO. That was one of the worst fielded games I can remember being at...and I remember some of those games in the late 80s/early 90s when they really did look like the movie Major League at old Municipal...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 pm

indians1 wrote:We will need santana and swisher to finish the season strong and give jason kipnis some help. We can stick a fork in asdrubal. he's done.

He is so lost right now and it is like he doesn't care about his strikeouts. Coming out of the minors, he was a great contact hitter with good B/K ratio. Now, he thinks he is a power hitter and his K's have gone way up and he still doesn't hit for power.

Need more than just Swisher and Santana to finish strong, but agree getting those 2 going will be big. I don't know about sticking a fork in Asdrubal, but he probably needs to sit a day or two. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Asdrubal is not a smart baseball player. Makes so many boneheaded plays....I get that he's frustrated but you can not get ejected there in the 2nd inning. You're a professional that's been in the bigs a while, your team has a short bench...don't care how bad you think the call was, take your frustration out in the dugout. Lucky for him Aviles was able to (eventually) lift the team there (error hurt though). Need to get Cabrera going...I'm not his biggest fan as most know, but he's much better than this. Give him a mental day tomorrow or whatever you want to call it, maybe even Tuesday. Give him some extra reps in batting practice and drop him a spot or two in the order. He can turn this around. Time for Francona to earn his money...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GoTribe028 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:30 pm

@hoynsie: #Indians have placed Mark Reynolds on release waivers for the purpose of giving him his unconditional released.

Just amazed at how long ago it seems when he was being the masher he's capable of being. Wonder if next season he gets a low base salary with a crap ton of incentives. I would assume a team is willing to give him a major league deal but I doubt he even can get the 6 million he got from the Indians.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:45 pm

GoTribe028 wrote:
@hoynsie: #Indians have placed Mark Reynolds on release waivers for the purpose of giving him his unconditional released.

Just amazed at how long ago it seems when he was being the masher he's capable of being. Wonder if next season he gets a low base salary with a crap ton of incentives. I would assume a team is willing to give him a major league deal but I doubt he even can get the 6 million he got from the Indians.

If he finishes OK I could see him getting $1-2M with a lot of incentives. Power isn't easy to find these days...plus there are like no 3Bs on the open market, so if a team is desperate and thinks he can still play there...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GoTribe028 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 pm

@ChronAstros: #Astros' Wesley Wright to #Rays for cash considerations. #MLB

Ugh.....c'mon where were the Indians on this one. Not saying Wright is the be all end all but sheesh.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby go_tribe » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Salazar showing some guts there with the bases loaded. He doesn't have his command tonight, but this is why he can be a true ace, gets the strikeout when he absolutely needed it.
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby Bearcatbob » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Looks to me like the Twins want this one. We on the other hand - well - it is not a throw the jock strap on the field win as I suspect some of our guys thought. Very discouraging - very!
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby ASUTribefan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Salazar isn't an ace untill he shows he can go 200+ IP, he's not even in the same universe.
Indians DOMINATED by the hapless twins tonight to the tune of just 2 sad hits
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 am

Musings on a shutout loss...

-Where, oh where, has the offense gone?.. For the night, the Indians had six, count em, six screaming line drives to the gloves of Minnesota Twins fielders.. For the night, the Twins chased down three batted balls that were destined to find the warning track gravel or neatly mown grass in short right field, at least.. That's 9 balls, hit as well or as hard as any, that went for naught..and that was the game..

-The Indians Bullpen: Rzepczynksi/Shaw/Allen: Effective and efficient. This group did what was needed.. They hung zeros.

-The Yan-imal.. Obi-Yan has been incredible. He has a very Jeter-esque swing where he stays inside the ball. He can turn on a ball when he's pitched tight as well. He needs to stay behind the plate & play every day.. This guy is really showing what a catcher is supposed to be...

-Adam Hamari: Should be getting a nice fruit basket from Anonymous (aka Twins front office) after the blown calls at first base.. The UNBELIEVABLE RANGE shown by Asdrubal on the Arcia 'single' has to be one of theeee most impressive plays of the season for him (and anyone, for that matter).. I still don't know how he got there.. and how he got enough on the throw to beat the Arcia.. Too bad it wasn't called that way... Chalk up another negative mark for Droob's UZR/UZR150...

McAllister v Deduno tonight.. time to put up or shut up for the Indians...They can't win games scoring no runs...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GoTribe028 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:32 pm

From Jerry Crasnick via The Twitter

@jcrasnick: #Indians sign former #bluejays first baseman David Cooper to minor league deal, says baseball source.

@jcrasnick: David Cooper's signing with #indians is the latest step in comeback from serious back injury . http://t.co/39F0gDlY8n

@jcrasnick: David Cooper's deal with #indians includes a late August opt out clause if he's not added to big league roster.

So I guess Cooper's signing means I shouldn't hope to see the Indians make a claim on Justin Morneau? I kid I kid...

As someone who's had back surgery in the lower lumbar region of the spine, I root for Cooper, if this turns into something positive for the Indians, even better. But a longshot.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:29 am

Better spot for this..

W is for Wahoo!.. the Tribe bats woke up just enough. The Yanimal continues to just blister the ball. ZMac had a solidly good night.. The Indians as a whole did well as the wild card race took an interesting turn with everyone else losing:

Tampa lost 5-4
Oakland lost 5-4
Kansas City lost 1-0
Baltimore lost 4-3 and

The Race for the Wild Cards now appears:

+1/2....Oakland
-0.......Tampa
-2.......Baltimore
-3 1/2..Cleveland
-4.......Kansas City

with 44 days left in the regular season..With both Detroit and Texas losing, the depth of separation between the clubs leading their divisions and the WC race also shrank a little. The race may come down to who makes the add of the right piece via the waiver wire down the stretch..

Thoughts on who that might be...?
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:43 am

A 1:10 matinee.. with Carlos Carrasco, coming off an impressive relief outing.. facing Kyle Gibson, a recent high draft choice of the Twins. Gibson is a big kid with a nasty tailing arm side run with some sink fastball that sits around 92-93, a mediocre slider, and a change that he really shouldn't throw more than once during an at bat to a major league hitter... He's unpolished and lacks command. Sounds a lot like CC-Lite save for the stuff. Carrasco has had some of his best outings as a major league pitcher against the Twins.. He could (and should) dominate this club..

It will depend on how the Indians react to Gibson.. In as much as this will be the first time Indians have ever seen the big right hander, he may give our guys some fits in the early going.. He won't be there for the third time through the order, that's a certainty... The Indians need to hit right out of the gate today.. This kid is vulnerable to patient hitters.. A laugher would be a nice change going into the off day tomorrow..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Well.. that plan didn't happen..

-Carrasco's slider got hammered.. regularly.. it was up in the zone.. flat in the zone & traveled far after it was hit hard.. The M & M boys just crushed the Indians pitching..Including the mess that Rich Hill made.. too many free pass from him to be an option in close games.. If he can't be trusted in the close ones.. he can't be trusted..

Francona's pinch hitting Droobs for Chiz = didn't work.. Droobs looked almost disinterested and swung like it when he was summoned to take the at bat..

Swisher is sooo lost..

now.. going into the later innings.. three run deficit..

And now the Twins are adding on.. this is not a pretty game... not by a long shot is this what a team in the hunt needs to be doing..

The good guys are starting to build a nice rally.. okay.. kipnis at third.. and there's another RBI single for Michael Brantley.. that guys is such a smoooooth operator..

BIG G!!. with the three run dinger..puts the Sons of Geronimo back even !.. wow.. a thunderbolt !! out of nowhere...!!

Well.. add Santana's homer to give the Indians the lead...

Lost.. Joe Mauer.. How can the Indians pitch to that guy.. he's been killing them all day.. and Perez givea him a ball he can drive.. into the LF seats.. smh.. a VERY bad decision.. and execution.. and.. and.. and..

And they pulled it out w/ their. champion's heart, again. tough battle.. like usual with the Twins.. great win.. day off. and then the REALLY important series with the A's....
Last edited by GeronimoSon on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby ASUTribefan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Well we only lost by about half as much as i thought we would with Carrasco starting, at least theres a day off tomorrow
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby go_tribe » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Giambi has made all of his hits count this year, CLUTCH!
go_tribe
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby A.Zajac » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Carlos Santana just put the cone of shame on a few of you! Huge homer!

EDIT: And then Chris Perez puts the cone of shame on me. Damnit, CP!
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Minors