RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2013 Cleveland Indians game thread

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: Official 2013 Cleveland Indians game thread

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:16 am

Anyone know Swisher's stats since being moved to the 2 hole?

Good to see the nice crowd, even if it was bc of some free tickets. Seeing the Indians win in exciting fashion and contending for the AL Central should help ticket sales...

Tribe with a chance to sweep the ChiSox today... Btw, it is the MLB free game of the day @ 12:05 pm.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:46 am

Don't recall if he hit in the 2 spot before he was moved there in Seattle after the break but overall this season he's hitting .324 with .390 OBP and .541 slugging.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/splits/_/ ... ck-swisher
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:38 am

Edible14 wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:This is probably too early to answer, but interesting to think about. Barring a collapse, Pestano will be back before September 1st to be eligible for playoff rosters. With all the talk about how poorly the bullpen has performed, who doesn't make the postseason roster (assuming there is one, of course)? Perez, Smith, and Allen are locks and Shaw is close to a lock. Assuming Pestano and Scrabble are both pitching well, they both make it. Ideally you carry two lefties, so Hill is safe and Albers' ability to effectively pitch long relief is valuable as well. The bullpen as a whole has performed poorly but there isn't one individual that clearly needs to go. Obviously a lot can change, but my guess is Albers is left off because Ubaldo can be used for long relief. Thoughts?

Whoever isn't healthy, first and foremost.

Second, with a shortened rotation in the playoffs, Albers' ability to provide extra innings is less relevant. Although the thought of bringing out Ubaldo in relief doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. If, for whatever reason, they decide that Kazmir is the guy that doesn't get the ball in game 4 situations, then that eliminates the need for Rich Hill (or Scrabble, if he doesn't take to the AL quite so well).

Ubaldo would probably do well in long relief this year, he's been very good going 4-5 innings its after that he has trouble but if you need a RP to go more then 5 you're in trouble to begin with
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:14 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Anyone know Swisher's stats since being moved to the 2 hole?

Good to see the nice crowd, even if it was bc of some free tickets. Seeing the Indians win in exciting fashion and contending for the AL Central should help ticket sales...

Tribe with a chance to sweep the ChiSox today... Btw, it is the MLB free game of the day @ 12:05 pm.

In the 2 hole...

12-for-37 (.327), 5 R, 2 2B, 2 HR, 2 RBI, 4 BB, 12 K, .390 OBP/.541 SLG/.931 OPS
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:37 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
homerawayfromhome wrote:Anyone know Swisher's stats since being moved to the 2 hole?

In the 2 hole...

12-for-37 (.327), 5 R, 2 2B, 2 HR, 2 RBI, 4 BB, 12 K, .390 OBP/.541 SLG/.931 OPS

Thanks, it has been a dramatic change for Swisher. Now if only ACab would get going.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:44 pm

I think CPerez has pitched 5 of the last 6 games. He's pitched well since returning from the DL and has been back up to 94 with his FB. He has helped quiet any talk about his off field problem, etc. it is good to see him pitching well again.

Mark Reynolds with his first RBI since July 2nd. I hope this is the start of him slugging again.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:01 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:I think CPerez has pitched 5 of the last 6 games. He's pitched well since returning from the DL and has been back up to 94 with his FB. He has helped quiet any talk about his off field problem, etc. it is good to see him pitching well again.

Mark Reynolds with his first RBI since July 2nd. I hope this is the start of him slugging again.

CP has been electric since coming off the DL *knocks on wood* It looks like the old CP is back *knocks on wood again* Hopefully that's a big step in that bullpen taking a step forward.

ACab is still struggling. Problem is, that cleanup spot is still a ??????

Reynolds.. well, I'll just keep crossing my fingers.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Could Raburn be a starting 3B? he's just hitting too well not to be an everyday player these last 2 months. his OBP is at a career high at almost a .370 clip, his OPS is at a career high over .900 and his BA is the third best of his career and not far off the 2nd spot, his HR is just 4 away from his career high in over half the games! Francona may have turned his career around
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Raburn 2 HR 4 RBI today :cool
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:50 pm

hmm.. musing on a Thursday afternoon..just before heading over to Firestone to watch how the game is supposed to be played...

Well, call it what it was.. a 2 1/2 hour beat down of the CWSox and their pitching staff to complete the second four game sweep of the season for the Sons of Geronimo.. WOW !!. No one in the CWSox dugout was immune, including starting ACE of the Staff,Chris Sale who gave up hit after hit after hit.. The only Indian that looked bad was Dr Smoooove.. he should be hitting against Sale.. You can tell he just doesn't see the ball out of his hand.. At the end of the day, this game was a no doubter from the time the first run crossed the plate to the last run by Ragin Raburn with his second dinger of the afternoon.. Just a good day for everyone wearing Chief Wahoo on his sleeve..Being able to give Kipper & Bourn the day off = $$$.. Having Stubber and Raburn stepped in and just flat out killed it..what a luxury..

Now it's onto the steamy south east with Ubaldo Jimenez and Jose Fernandez facing each other.. Fernandez is fast establishing himself as the next young front of the rotation starter..Hopefully, Ubaldo can have another QS..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Miami has a worse offense then Chicago so no reason we shouldn't ride an 11 game win streak into the detroit series
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby BrianM » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:50 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:Miami has a worse offense then Chicago so no reason we shouldn't ride an 11 game win streak into the detroit series

I believe its spelled 'Detroilet'. Yes, We can sweep the Marlins. Weve done a nice job taking advantage of the weak schedule the last couple weeks, but It gets a little tougher for us this month. We still need to make sure we win these series with weaker teams.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:59 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:Miami has a worse offense then Chicago so no reason we shouldn't ride an 11 game win streak into the detroit series

Don't overlook Miami.. they took two of three from Pittsburgh and they have their stud Jose Fernandez pitching tomorrow.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Fernandez is absolutely a stud. He's a guy I think could walk away with some hardware over his career. I remember a few yrs back (when he was drafted) seeing him pitch and saying he will be in the bigs in three yrs...he progressed a lot quicker than I thought. He should be an All Star multiple times and will likely contend for a few CY Awards.

2/3 in Miami would be a realistic. Winning series is a realistic expectation.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:18 pm

A.Zajac wrote:

Don't overlook Miami.. they took two of three from Pittsburgh and they have their stud Jose Fernandez pitching tomorrow.

Miamis bad, taking 2 out of 3 better be a given
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:21 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

Young talented and inconsistent. But don't overlook their young ace Jose Fernandez he can flat pitch.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:29 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

Young talented and inconsistent. But don't overlook their young ace Jose Fernandez he can flat pitch.

Fernandez is a stud and just don't blow these three games off like they're simple and/or look ahead to the Detroit series because that's how you get swept.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:31 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:Could Raburn be a starting 3B? he's just hitting too well not to be an everyday player these last 2 months. his OBP is at a career high at almost a .370 clip, his OPS is at a career high over .900 and his BA is the third best of his career and not far off the 2nd spot, his HR is just 4 away from his career high in over half the games! Francona may have turned his career around

I think his value is as a UTL guy. He's not an everyday guy at one position but his bat is saying otherwise. Obviously, he's put up better numbers than some others (Stubbs, Chiz, Reynolds), but his value is off the bench and not as an everyday guy. I think a serious argument could be made for more playing time in RF or DH over 3b. But he certainly has the ability to play a number of spots. I can't recall if he has appeared in the INF yet this yr, but I think Francona may have said he was a better OF than INF.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Random thoughts....

But how good has Justin Masterson been?

The Tribe had better set aside some serious cash to lock him up long term. Masterson has posted 3 CG and 3 SO and currently posted more K's than IP. He truly become the Tribes ACE.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:12 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Random thoughts....

The Tribe had better set aside some serious cash to lock him up long term. Masterson has posted 3 CG and 3 SO and currently posted more K's than IP. He truly become the Tribes ACE.

Ranked fifth in all of baseball in Ks too. Overtook King Felix with his outing today.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:51 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
homerawayfromhome wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

Fernandez is a stud and just don't blow these three games off like they're simple and/or look ahead to the Detroit series because that's how you get swept.

Worst team in baseball. Not 1 single excuse not to demand to see them take minimum 2 of 3.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:25 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
homerawayfromhome wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

Houston is the worst team in baseball, followed by the White Sox.. but I'm splitting hairs. I completely agree with you.. no excuse not to win 2 out of 3. My point is just don't look ahead.

Worst team in baseball. Not 1 single excuse not to demand to see them take minimum 2 of 3.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:01 am

and he's a good person w/ great character.. Just the kind of guy you want to build your team around...An Anibal Sanchez type deal could be in the works as an extension to his ARB III number he'll be getting in 2014...some where north of that number is possible as well...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Bearcatbob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 am

ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

Ah - after the AS break we lost 4 of 6 against teams we thought we would beat. IMO as soon as we think the opposition is easy - boom - we play to their level and do not deliver. I fear a let down in Miami.
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:36 am

GeronimoSon wrote:

and he's a good person w/ great character.. Just the kind of guy you want to build your team around...An Anibal Sanchez type deal could be in the works as an extension to his ARB III number he'll be getting in 2014...some where north of that number is possible as well...

Yes sir, sports / society in general could use a lot more people like him. Completely agree, Sanchez like money should be in the price range. I'm not sure IF he wants to test FA...IF he does...that's a entirely a new discussion.

What a tremendous influence Mickey Callaway has had on the Tribes rotation. I'm curious what he could do with the likes of Salazar, Carrasco and Bauer when / if given the opportunity on a long term basis.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Welp down 0-1 in the series already to the worst team in baseball have to hope the Chi Sox can steal it from Detroit tonight
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:45 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:

Yes sir, sports / society in general could use a lot more people like him. Completely agree, Sanchez like money should be in the price range. I'm not sure IF he wants to test FA...IF he does...that's a entirely a new discussion.

What a tremendous influence Mickey Callaway has had on the Tribes rotation. I'm curious what he could do with the likes of Salazar, Carrasco and Bauer when / if given the opportunity on a long term basis.

i think (hope) carrasco has run out of chances to be a long term starter, just doesn't have it mentally
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby homerawayfromhome » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:53 pm

I'm not convinced he can get it together but he might...if he doesn't its another Jeanmar Gomez situation, the Tribe will basically give him away. He's out of options next yr, so he's either in the rotation or bullpen OR gone.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:59 pm

The Tribe just seems incredibly disinterested in this game tonight. ZERO excuse for Asdrubal's performance early on in this game.. Then to be laughing about it? Unreal.

The bad Ubaldo has shown up to the ballpark today. We knew that was eventually going to come back.

And as I mentioned, Fernandez is the real deal...
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:I'm not convinced he can get it together but he might...if he doesn't its another Jeanmar Gomez situation, the Tribe will basically give him away. He's out of options next yr, so he's either in the rotation or bullpen OR gone.

i dont see a way he's on the roster but some are determined to think so. You at least have Salazar for one of the 2 open rotation spots next year then you either sign Kazmir, a FA or you go ahead and throw Bauer in the fire and cross you're fingers that he fixed his control issue. plus Tomlin will be healthy

the BP probably wont change very much next year either with Shaw, Albers, Pestano, Perez, Allen, and the last 2 spots probably go to lefty pitchers
Last edited by ASUTribefan on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:08 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:I'm not convinced he can get it together but he might...if he doesn't its another Jeanmar Gomez situation, the Tribe will basically give him away. He's out of options next yr, so he's either in the rotation or bullpen OR gone.

Difference between Carrasco and Gomez is Carrasco has legit stuff to be something other than just another option. Carrasco however lacks the mental capacity to be anything other than roster fodder. They wont give him away, but I doubt he ever does anything more than Gomez has at his point.

Guys like Carrasco never really putting it together is one reason the Indians main focus going into next season needs to be getting Justin Masterson under contract. If for no other reason just so I don't have to read through ridiculous post after post about what kind of prospect "package" the Indians could get for him in a trade.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Bearcatbob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:24 pm

A.Zajac wrote:The Tribe just seems incredibly disinterested in this game tonight. ZERO excuse for Asdrubal's performance early on in this game.. Then to be laughing about it? Unreal.

The bad Ubaldo has shown up to the ballpark today. We knew that was eventually going to come back.

Ubaldo must be having a real hard time concentrating with the ACab fiasco going on behind him. The heat is on Ubaldo - it should be on ACab. ACab simply stinks tonight and he needs to be called on it. On Twitter Camino is all over Ubaldo - what is it that prevents the focus on being where it belongs.

ACab has simply stunk this year - and tonight is exhibit A.
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 pm

GoTribe028 wrote:

Difference between Carrasco and Gomez is Carrasco has legit stuff to be something other than just another option. Carrasco however lacks the mental capacity to be anything other than roster fodder. They wont give him away, but I doubt he ever does anything more than Gomez has at his point.

Guys like Carrasco never really putting it together is one reason the Indians main focus going into next season needs to be getting Justin Masterson under contract. If for no other reason just so I don't have to read through ridiculous post after post about what kind of prospect "package" the Indians could get for him in a trade.

First, I agree I just don't see Carrasco being more than Gomez is...I hope I am wrong there, bc he will be 2yrs removed from TJ, but frankly at this point I think it's more than a control issue. Like some seem to insist.

Second, I completely agree, the Tribe HAS TO extend Justin Masterson to front the rotation.

Third, funny thing about message boards... people can post whatever they want, but if nobody responds the discussion ends.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Bearcatbob wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:The Tribe just seems incredibly disinterested in this game tonight. ZERO excuse for Asdrubal's performance early on in this game.. Then to be laughing about it? Unreal.

Ubaldo must be having a real hard time concentrating with the ACab fiasco going on behind him. The heat is on Ubaldo - it should be on ACab. ACab simply stinks tonight and he needs to be called on it. On Twitter Camino is all over Ubaldo - what is it that prevents the focus on being where it belongs.

ACab was awful, but Jimenez still has to execute. That said, neither did their job. Did it shake / frustrate Jimenez sure but he still has to do his job.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby ChadS17 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Bearcatbob wrote:

From Camino tonight:

Ummm...Asdrubal Cabrera with 2 errors now. Whenever he wants to join the #Indians in Miami he's more than welcome.

#Indians RHP Ubaldo Jimenez already at 33 pitches after one frame...yikes! Again, not all his fault. Cabrera didn't help not turning DP.
ChadS17
Rookie Baller

Postby Bearcatbob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 pm

ChadS17 wrote:
Bearcatbob wrote:

From Camino tonight:

Ummm...Asdrubal Cabrera with 2 errors now. Whenever he wants to join the #Indians in Miami he's more than welcome.

#Indians RHP Ubaldo Jimenez already at 33 pitches after one frame...yikes! Again, not all his fault. Cabrera didn't help not turning DP.

Also from Camino tonight"
Nick Camino ‏@CaminoTribe 1h
It's the 3rd inning and Ubaldo Jimenez has already thrown 84 pitches...think about that!

Duh - I wonder why?
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 pm

ACab was awful...but so was Jimenez 9 hits, 2 walks 107 pitches 64 for strikes in 4 IP.

On the other side, need I say Fernandez can flat pitch.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:16 pm

if ACab and Lindor keep up their current pace this year im not going to be shocked if we trade ACab and use aviles for a month or 2 then pull Lindor to the bigs or even throw him in the fire right away, his D is MLB Ready right now and im sure he would hit over .240 or whatever Cabrera is at now
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby homerawayfromhome » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:24 pm

FWIW, I heard some people say they thought Lindor could play defensively in the majors at age 17, and hold his own with his bat. Their point, the kid could just, 'pick it' on the diamond.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:32 pm

HAVE to take the next 2 now. MUST have to make it possible of comming out of the detroit series only a game back, you cant count on winning games later in the year especially when you could be even farther back.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ChadS17 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Bearcatbob wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:
Bearcatbob wrote:

From Camino tonight:

It's the 3rd inning and Ubaldo Jimenez has already thrown 84 pitches...think about that!

Duh - I wonder why?

Guess you're right. Ubaldo was awesome tonight. Too bad Asdrubal made him throw 30 pitches per inning.
ChadS17
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:07 pm

ChadS17 wrote:
Bearcatbob wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:
Bearcatbob wrote:

From Camino tonight:

Duh - I wonder why?

Guess you're right. Ubaldo was awesome tonight. Too bad Asdrubal made him throw 30 pitches per inning.

Yeah you're right its not like Cabrera is out there to make those plays or anything
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby Chiefroy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:12 pm

no shame in getting shutdown by Fernandez....he's stopping everyone. allowing 10 runs to a rookie-laden team like the marlins IS a problem. ubaldo needs perfect D behind him because his margin for error is very small....especially vs a top pitcher. asdrubal's first error was the only play of the game that I got to see, but I knew we were in for trouble.

Ubaldo is frustrating, Carrasco is frustrating, the bullpen is frustrating, Mark Reynolds is certainly frustrating. But NOBODY on this team frustrates me more than Asdrubal Cabrera. Because he should be GREAT. He's shown brilliant defense, nice power, SBs, batting average, the whole package.....at times. I don't know what his problem is...attitude, work ethic, will to win, whatever. WHY can't he put it all together? I felt the same way about Jhonny Peralta. He shoulda been great. But this guy should be even better than I thought Jhonny should be.

I'd take my chances with Lindor right NOW. I can't stand much more from Asdrubal.
Chiefroy
Draft Prospect

Postby Chiefroy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Jacob Turner has given up 4 runs only once this year, 8 out of 11 were quality starts. Only 3 HRs in 71.1 innings pitched. He ain't gonna be easy either. We had better get some pitching and defense....and at least 1 more run than they do.
Chiefroy
Draft Prospect

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:53 am

ASUTribefan wrote:if ACab and Lindor keep up their current pace this year im not going to be shocked if we trade ACab and use aviles for a month or 2 then pull Lindor to the bigs or even throw him in the fire right away, his D is MLB Ready right now and im sure he would hit over .240 or whatever Cabrera is at now

Completely agree with you and I think there's a good chance this could happen. I could see Lindor up in Cleveland by late May/early June IF all goes to plan next year.

Here's my thing with Cabrera.. I feel as if we kind of missed the boat with trading him before the deadline. At the same time, selling off a two-time All Star while your team is in contention is a tough sell, so the Indians were in a tough spot there. IMO, I would trade Cabrera in the off-season rather than the trading deadline next year. I think you'd get more value. Side note.. you can't ride Cabrera all next season... at least, I hope not.

In regards to tonight's game.. Asdrubal has a lot to blame for the way things went tonight, but I won't go as far to say he was the major reason. Asdrubal's head wasn't in the game tonight and easily cost Ubaldo probably 20-30 more pitches. That being said, Ubaldo just didn't have it tonight. His command was all over the place.

I guess we have to lose sometime and there's no shame in losing against Fernandez.. said it before the game that he's a stud. I hate saying tomorrow is a must win, but it kind of is. The pitching will be tough again tomorrow so hopefully they bring their bats to the ballpark tomorrow.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:45 am

Chiefroy wrote:Jacob Turner has given up 4 runs only once this year, 8 out of 11 were quality starts. Only 3 HRs in 71.1 innings pitched. He ain't gonna be easy either. We had better get some pitching and defense....and at least 1 more run than they do.

Yep.. Jacob Turner is no slouch as well.. He's not Jose Fernandez good, but, he can be... Turner just gets it done a different way..he uses his defenders more than Fernandez.. Both of these kids are extremely effective. There are no two young SP's in he ML's that have been as successful as these two Marlins. The Indians hitters will need to stay in their own zone, and, even then, it's going to be a tough night..

and the discussion about the Marlins being the worst team in MLB.. the Indians sweeping.... etc.. well.. not really....
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:06 am

Re: IPI 2011 Mock Draft
by homerawayfromhome » Sat May 28, 2011 10:04 pm

With the 17th pk in the 2011IPI mock draft the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim from Orange County in California aka the golden state select....
Jose Fernandez-RHP Alonso hs Miami, Fla. Originally from Cuba this kid can bring it. Really think he could be FOR type ACE potential power arm at 19 he's hitting 98 has moxy solid mix of pitches and confidence. He believes he can pitch in the majors and so do I but he needs time to develop. Has great character and in his third boat trip and nearly drowning has brought his arm and confidence with him... He will need it. I believe 3-4 yrs tops and he will one day stand on a major league mound. He's a great story and better potential. With some good coaching and a good mentor the sky is the limit with Fernandez. Expect to see him mowing batters down qkly.

Forgot about this....

But wanted to throw out a crazy question, I know it's still early in their careers but who would you rather have Francisco Lindor or Jose Fernandez? Lindor went 8th overall to the Tribe, Fernandez 14th. A few more yrs like this for Fernandez and some fans will be talking about how the Tribe missed it again.

FWIW, I really wanted the Tribe to get Archie Bradley, who went 1 pk before the Indians. I had heard Bauer, Bradley, Lindor were the top 3 for the Tribe. Obviously, the Tribe liked Bauer enough to get him in a trade more than a yr later.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:17 am

A.Zajac wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:if ACab and Lindor keep up their current pace this year im not going to be shocked if we trade ACab and use aviles for a month or 2 then pull Lindor to the bigs or even throw him in the fire right away, his D is MLB Ready right now and im sure he would hit over .240 or whatever Cabrera is at now

Completely agree with you and I think there's a good chance this could happen. I could see Lindor up in Cleveland by late May/early June IF all goes to plan next year.

Here's my thing with Cabrera.. I feel as if we kind of missed the boat with trading him before the deadline. At the same time, selling off a two-time All Star while your team is in contention is a tough sell, so the Indians were in a tough spot there. IMO, I would trade Cabrera in the off-season rather than the trading deadline next year. I think you'd get more value. Side note.. you can't ride Cabrera all next season... at least, I hope not.

In regards to tonight's game.. Asdrubal has a lot to blame for the way things went tonight, but I won't go as far to say he was the major reason. Asdrubal's head wasn't in the game tonight and easily cost Ubaldo probably 20-30 more pitches. That being said, Ubaldo just didn't have it tonight. His command was all over the place.

I guess we have to lose sometime and there's no shame in losing against Fernandez.. said it before the game that he's a stud. I hate saying tomorrow is a must win, but it kind of is. The pitching will be tough again tomorrow so hopefully they bring their bats to the ballpark tomorrow.

I'm not sure they missed it with ACab. The only rumors I heard were STL offering Carlos Martinez straight up for ACab. Martinez is very similar in talent and size to Danny Salazar albeit a few yrs younger. Unless the Tribe had made a parallel move to bring back a recognizable name, it would have looked like they were selling ACab off to the average fan. Furthermore, I think they didn't want to mess up the chemistry of the team either. I think they could still get a solid return this offseason...in fact I expect they will move ACab for a young controllable SP and maybe a prospect or two.

I completely agree, the game wasn't entirely on ACab. Jimenez was simply bad, he was all over the place with only 64 strikes in 107 pitches. Even with ACab and Jimenez being awful, it would have been hard to win with Fernandez pitching like he was.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 am

i think i would have still taken lindor because of how hard it is to find a quality SS who hits and plays defense, plus its an every game player vs once every 5 games
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:52 am

homerawayfromhome wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

I'm not sure they missed it with ACab. The only rumors I heard were STL offering Carlos Martinez straight up for ACab. Martinez is very similar in talent and size to Danny Salazar albeit a few yrs younger. Unless the Tribe had made a parallel move to bring back a recognizable name, it would have looked like they were selling ACab off to the average fan. Furthermore, I think they didn't want to mess up the chemistry of the team either. I think they could still get a solid return this offseason...in fact I expect they will move ACab for a young controllable SP and maybe a prospect or two.

I completely agree, the game wasn't entirely on ACab. Jimenez was simply bad, he was all over the place with only 64 strikes in 107 pitches. Even with ACab and Jimenez being awful, it would have been hard to win with Fernandez pitching like he was.

Where did that rumor come from? I have a hard time believing St Louis offered anything let alone Martinez.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Minors