RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Stiller and the AFL tonight on Smoke Signals

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Stiller and the AFL tonight on Smoke Signals

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Not 100% yet, but right-handed reliever Erik Stiller is likely to call in tonight for a 10-15 minute interview about what he is up to in the Arizona Fall League (AFL) and what the experience is like out there. Also, Josh Kusnick (Michael Brantley's agent) will call in briefly as well with some thoughts on the AFL since he is out there right now. In addition to that, Paul and I will get back to wrapping up the Indians season and look to the future, as well as talk about the Hafner surgery news from this week and what we can expect going forward with that. The call in number is 646-716-8012 and the show airs 9:30-10:30pm ET every Thursday at www.blogtalkradio.com/theclevelandfan , so check it out.

As an FYI, I have commits from Matt Meyer, Jordan Brown, Jeff Stevens, Vinnie Pestano, and some others to appear on upcoming shows, and am also in the process of contacting another 5-10 guys. The hope is we will have an interview every week up until the start of spring training.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: Stiller and the AFL tonight on Smoke Signals

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:21 pm

As always, if anyone has a question they would want to ask Erik, post it here.

I should know around 8pm tonight if he is certain to come on.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby npc29 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:04 pm

Wow nice.. I can't listen live but will make sure to listen to the archive. Great job lining up all those guys Tony.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby gotribe31 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:25 pm

I mean...if you don't listen to this show, you're nuts. You have the best Tribe writer and the best Tribe prospects writer in town, together, talking to Tribe prospects and other people who have impact on the organization for an hour and a half, and you can stream it anytime you want. Thanks as always Tony!
gotribe31
Draft Prospect

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Erm.... Stiller just gave up 7 runs (5 earned) in 0.1IP.

He might not be in the best of moods!

His night went: -

Single
Single
Walk
Single
Error (Josh Rodriguez)
Sac Fly
HR
Walk

Not good.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:23 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:Erm.... Stiller just gave up 7 runs (5 earned) in 0.1IP.

He might not be in the best of moods!

Either that, or he'll be ready to vent. :mrgreen:
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Erik will be on tonight for sure....he'll call in around 10pm. Gotta give him some credit for coming on after arguably the worst outing of his career.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:15 am

Here is the podcast:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TheClevela ... d-Fan-Live

Stiller was on for 20 mins and Josh Kusnick came on for 5-7 mins.

Next week I will have Matt Meyer on to talk about the Hawaii Winter League....and then some big guns come out the following weeks with Jeff Stevens and Jordan Brown who are confirmed and potentially Scott Lewis, David Huff and some others if I can get confirmation.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Okay, just spoke to Jeff Stevens and he is a go for the Oct 30th show. So, the next two weeks we will have Matt Meyer on Oct 23rd to talk about him and the Hawaii Winter League and then the following week Jeff Stevens on Oct 30th to talk about him, the Olympics, his future and maybe being rostered by then.

Jordan Brown is a go too, but we are going to wait until he comes back from the DR. He comes back on Nov 25th, so we will have him on Nov 27th or Dec 6th. Got lots of other guys planned as well and I may try to get Matt McBride in with Meyer next week to talk about his move to the outfield.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:24 pm

Will Jeff be willing to talk about the Olympic performances? How about the way he came to the club??
I'm sure the perceptions of many will always be clouded (toward the negative) regarding Jeff because of the Phillips factor.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:25 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:Will Jeff be willing to talk about the Olympic performances? How about the way he came to the club??
I'm sure the perceptions of many will always be clouded (toward the negative) regarding Jeff because of the Phillips factor.

Oh yes, we will certainly talk about his performance in the Olympics and his thoughts on that, and of course I'll throw a BP trade question his way (he always loves that when I rag on him about it).
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Return to Indians Prospect Talk