RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

MLB Hot Stove

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: MLB Hot Stove

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Mlbtraderumors are also mentioning Angels interest on Hamilton per Buster Olney.

Another cpl ideas:
Tribe could try to land one of Garrett Jones, Starling Marte, Travis Snider, Jose Tabata from the Pirates. The Tribe could send them a bullpen arm like Bryan Shaw and a SS prospect like Tony Wolters. Just throwing this out there. I know the Pirates and Tribe talked Choo so there could be some common ground.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:53 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Mlbtraderumors are also mentioning Angels interest on Hamilton per Buster Olney.

Another cpl ideas:
Tribe could try to land one of Garrett Jones, Starling Marte, Travis Snider, Jose Tabata from the Pirates. The Tribe could send them a bullpen arm like Bryan Shaw and a SS prospect like Tony Wolters. Just throwing this out there. I know the Pirates and Tribe talked Choo so there could be some common ground.

I think Albers is more likely deal than Shaw. Shaw just has so much team control left, seems like he could be here for after Joe Smith's eventual departure. Shaw, Allen, Hagadone, Pestano plus who knows, got Haley, Lee ect.

Who knows, I like Garret Jones though. Don't see them dealing Marte, but I bet Tabata could be had, I doubt he becomes much of an impact.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 pm

@JonHeymanCBS: #angels are indeed getting closer on hamilton deal, as @joeontheradio reported

I hope this is true so this Swisher stuff can get moving somewhere.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby timdav » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:10 pm

GoTribe028....I think you're right. Maybe finally the Indians will get some FA luck and be able to sign Swisher for RF....and hopefully he'll be a productive player for Cleveland. Fingers crossed.
timdav
Draft Prospect

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:14 pm

timdav wrote:GoTribe028....I think you're right. Maybe finally the Indians will get some FA luck and be able to sign Swisher for RF....and hopefully he'll be a productive player for Cleveland. Fingers crossed.

Possible Texas looks at Swisher or Michael Bourne, or tries again for Justin Upton.

Just getting the feeling Swisher wasn't west coast.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Marte was reportedly on the table for Choo last yr. I'd prefer Garrett Jones, or Travis Snider but Jose Tabata would probably be had for Albers - just speculation though but hes been a disappointment so far...and I was kind of working with the assumption that Pittsburgh might trade Joel Hanrahan. He has been linked to the Dodgers, with the Pirates reportedly interested in Chris Capuano. Shaw has the potential to become a Closer IMO. Shaw and Wolters for Jones seems like a fair deal IMO. OR Shaw for Travis Snider. All speculation on my part.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Now if LAA gets Hamilton I wonder if Peter Bourjos becomes available.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:19 pm

@jonmorosi: Source: #Angels, Josh Hamilton nearing five-year contract. @MLBONFOX
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby BrianM » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:21 pm

The Hannahan deal is 2 years 4 million. Good for Jack. I remember when Masterson rallied the guys to pull together 35 grand so Jack could rent a private jet to catch the birth of his child, which he did 15 minutes prior to his birth. It is nice to see good things happen to good people.

I think Swisher is obviously being instructed by his agent to hold out until Hamilton signs. Hamilton going to the Angels seems like it would be bad news for us. Adding Texas to the mix of potential suitors for Swisher really hurts our chances. Atlanta, Philly, and Seattle still seem more interested in trading for a COF, but I don't want to compete with Texas. I don't think they are gonna offer more than us, but they are a winning ball club.

Also, Interesting quote from Scott Hairston

"Things are starting to pick up now that the market is settling in," said Hairston. "Still unsure where I'll sign, though. There are a lot of trades happening around the league, so it's possible that interest may rise in the next few days."

I would have to think he's referencing the trades believing the Indians will now be a suitor for his services. As others have stated, I think I would prefer him over Cody Ross. His splits are scary.

Finally, wouldn't mind bringing back the Michael Morse trade discussions. They want to trade him (if they resign Laroche), but what would they want in return? There is not a lot of holes in that lineup. I wonder if we could try to swing another 3 way trade with the Nats and one of the teams interested in ACab (A's, M's, Cards, RedSox) to try to land a young pitcher and Morse. He only has one year left on his deal, but maybe he would be open to an extension. I like him as a fallback if we cant get Swisher.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:22 pm

GoTribe028 wrote:Now if LAA gets Hamilton I wonder if Peter Bourjos becomes available.

Or Trumbo.

Side note.. man, a lineup with Pujols, Hamilton, Trout... that's a scary lineup.
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:24 pm

@Ken_Rosenthal: Source: #Angels, Hamilton in agreement. Five-year deal, as first reported by @jonmorosi.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:27 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
GoTribe028 wrote:Now if LAA gets Hamilton I wonder if Peter Bourjos becomes available.

Or Trumbo.

Side note.. man, a lineup with Pujols, Hamilton, Trout... that's a scary lineup.

Or Kendry Morales?
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Definitely either or on Trumbo or Bourjos. I'd guess they'd want SP though and the Tribe can't afford to give up any.

Hamilton lands in LA, Swisher probably TX or Seattle.

How does it affect Anibal Sanchez, seems like the Rangers could always go after Sanchez and Swisher for probably $5-10 M more for both.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Mlbtraderumors...Angels showing interest in RA Dickey.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Definitely either or on Trumbo or Bourjos. I'd guess they'd want SP though and the Tribe can't afford to give up any.

Hamilton lands in LA, Swisher probably TX or Seattle.

How does it affect Anibal Sanchez, seems like the Rangers could always go after Sanchez and Swisher for probably $5-10 M more for both.

Angels will want SP.. something we don't have. Throwing this out there... could they trade Trumbo or Bourjous for RA Dickey?

Also, FWIW, 5 years, $125 million.
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 pm

@JeffPassan: RT @JeffWilson_FWST: Jon Daniels says #Rangers did not get call to match Angels' offer. Daniels is not pleased with how negotiations ended.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Daniels probably on the phone right now with Swisher's agent and or Michael Bourn.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Daniels probably on the phone right now with Swisher's agent and or Michael Bourn.

So be it. We all expected that to happen. They could also try again for Upton.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:43 pm

GoTribe,

Completely agree, the hole in RF for now doesn't take the shine off of Tuesdays trade at all. Still a very good deal for the Tribe even if Bauer is only a BOR starter his entire career.

Rangers could focus on Michael Bourn instead you never really know. I wouldn't be surprised to see them land 2 of either: Swisher, Bourn, Sanchez and Lohse.

What I like about this is it will likely speed the mkt up now.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 pm

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Dempster close with #RedSox on two-year, $26.5 million free-agent contract.

@nalaird: @craigcalcaterra how long until someone in the media writes "Hamilton started off as a Devil (Ray) but ends up an Angel"?

Ha :biggrin
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Solid signing and short term by the Red Sox. Interesting that they've went short term bigger deals on all their signings. Napoli 3yrs / $39 M, Victorino 3yrs / $38 M and Dempster 2yrs / $26.5 M.

Dempster is a guy I've always liked, he's a solid pitcher and to some extent has gotten better with age.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Solid signing and short term by the Red Sox. Interesting that they've went short term bigger deals on all their signings. Napoli 3yrs / $39 M, Victorino 3yrs / $38 M and Dempster 2yrs / $26.5 M.

Dempster is a guy I've always liked, he's a solid pitcher and to some extent has gotten better with age.

Getting good players, not superstar players that demand the spotlight and cause Bobby Valentine like distractions. Not saying Crawford or Gonzalez did that but it's obviously better business for a ball club to sign shorter term deals for big money rather than goofy 7-10 year deals.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:08 pm

@jaysonst: Hamilton should shake the FA bat market loose. Nick Swisher, Cody Ross & Adam LaRoche have all been waiting for Hamilton to sign.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:11 pm

It's kind of a small mkt approach to FA. Aggressive and responsible signings, they should be able to keep the team flexible for future moves. Sounds a lot like what the Indians are trying to do.

Do the Indians now move on to Cody Ross or do they try to compete for Swisher? Personally, I think they should make an aggressive offer (4yrs / $62 M) and try to sign Cody Ross (2yrs / $18 -$19 M) too. IF they land both than so be it, I'd then try to deal ACab for young controllable SP to clear a little money and fill out the rotation.

LaRoche could be an option in TX...
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:25 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:It's kind of a small mkt approach to FA. Aggressive and responsible signings, they should be able to keep the team flexible for future moves. Sounds a lot like what the Indians are trying to do.

Do the Indians now move on to Cody Ross or do they try to compete for Swisher? Personally, I think they should make an aggressive offer (4yrs / $62 M) and try to sign Cody Ross (2yrs / $18 -$19 M) too. IF they land both than so be it, I'd then try to deal ACab for young controllable SP to clear a little money and fill out the rotation.

LaRoche could be an option in TX...

I'm greedy, get Ross and Hairston. Ryan Sweeney isn't much of a bat, but had some Brantley like seasons a couple years back. Just keep an open mind, could be something else coming we haven't even thought of.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I actually suggested that (Ross & Hairston) the other day. They'd be able to add 2 RH bats and potentially get the same amount of production or more than Swisher at a lower cost.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Interesting tidbit on Texas

@ZuckermanCSN: Source close to #Rangers says LaRoche's name was immediately mentioned after Hamilton news and they might be willing to offer 3 yrs. #Nats
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby OhioBaseball » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:12 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:I actually suggested that (Ross & Hairston) the other day. They'd be able to add 2 RH bats and potentially get the same amount of production or more than Swisher at a lower cost.

How does that work? Swisher is a .360-.370 OBP, roughly +3 WAR player.

Hairston and Ross are out-makers; Hairston is a .300 OBP, +1 WAR player. Cody Ross is a .320-.325 OBP, +1 WAR player.

Unfortunately, you can't stack Hairston and Ross together and have them equal Swisher's production b/c there are only so many AB's to go around. There are opportunity costs.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:16 pm

OhioBaseball wrote:
homerawayfromhome wrote:I actually suggested that (Ross & Hairston) the other day. They'd be able to add 2 RH bats and potentially get the same amount of production or more than Swisher at a lower cost.

How does that work? Swisher is a .360-.370 OBP, roughly +3 WAR player.

Hairston and Ross are out-makers; Hairston is a .300 OBP, +1 WAR player. Cody Ross is a .320-.325 OBP, +1 WAR player.

Unfortunately, you can't stack Hairston and Ross together and have them equal Swisher's production b/c there are only so many AB's to go around. There are opportunity costs.

With an OF spot and the DH open I don't think AB's are hard to come by yet. But I agree with what you're saying, neither would be as valuable as Swisher, maybe just more contract friendly for Cleveland.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Ohiobaseball,

You're right. Theoretically, placing both guys in the lineup DH, LF, RF both would combine to produce the same / very similar results. Nonetheless, you add another player lineup 2 instead of 1 trying to get the results. Are you sure the Tribe would fill the void otherwise? Lets say the Tribe did add Swisher at $15 / 16 M per yr would he Tribe add another bat to the lineup? Not from outside the org. IMO and a platoon of Canzler / McGuiness / Carrera / Aviles or whomever filling the at bats of the DH position won't likely produce what Hairston or Ross would. My proposition is adding two competent bats to the lineup IF they miss out on Swisher. It would ideally make the lineup deeper and get better at bats all around. Swisher himself would do that and cause the lineup to be deeper but at only one position. I want the Tribe to land Swisher but if they don't and I don't think will (I'd guess its probably 25% chance they land him) I'd like to see them "replace" the production by landing both Ross and Hairston. Swisher would be a significant add to the lineup without a doubt, but at the same time Hairston and Ross would extend the lineup.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:35 pm

With the acquisition of Hamilton, the Angels will have a couple of spots that could be open for improvement and or have excesses they could possibly look to move:

DH: Kendrys Morales is looked at some days like the 328/1000+OPS monster when he broken in before he broke down. Other days, he's mediocre / lazy. His defense is better on some days than most. A change of scenery could be what he needs.

OF: Three guys for two spot: Peter Bourjos, Kole Calhoun and Vernon Wells. Of course the Angels would love someone as stupid as they were to take Vernon Wells, but, that's not happening, so he'll stay & the Angels will be stuck with him. Calhoun would be a very good prospect/OF'er to acquire

3B: Alberto Callaspo isn't what you'd call a prototypical 3B. The Halos have two kids that can play. Austine Romine, is a stud. Unfortunately, the stud is more of a utility guy / SS / pinch runner than a 3B.. The other, an all bat hide his glove kind of player. He, for all intents and purposes, is an unknown.

RP: Definitely a must for the Angels...

With this, If the Angels want to talk about a trade, an RP could do the trick for Calhoun, as an example.. If the Indians and Angels want to visit the Phillies Plan of moving Asdrubal to 3B, then guys like Bourjos, Calhoun, Morales could be part of the discussion, but, only if, Caleb Cowart and RJ Alvarez are included.
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Buster Olney now saying "rival execs" now view the best fit for Texas is Swisher, noting he can play both 1B and OF

Not shocking to say the least.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Per mlbtraderumors... Rangers are looking for MOR arms like Edwin Jackson.

Sounds like he could be a target of the Rangers. It sounds like they'll land qlty and qnty of players with the money they would have banked in Grienke or Hamilton.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby BrianM » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Pitchers may be reluctant to sign with the rangers on a short-term deal considering it is such a hitter friendly park. Hopefully all they are looking to throw at Edwin Jackson is a 1-2 year deal.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Cubs signed Sanchez 5 yrs / $75 M ? Per mlb trade rumors.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:11 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Mlbtraderumors are also mentioning Angels interest on Hamilton per Buster Olney.

Another cpl ideas:

The Pirates asked the Mariners about Taijuan Walker for Garrett Jones....while I think that is extreme I don't think a bullpen arm and Wolters would get him, though I'd do that even with Jones's issues against lefties. If they wanted Cabrera (possible) I'd be interested in Jones a piece of that deal. Would want one of their top young pitching specs though included though.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:14 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Cubs signed Sanchez 5 yrs / $75 M ? Per mlb trade rumors.

With the Rangers missing out on Sanchez, Greinke, Hamilton, Shields and probably Upton (AZ has their SS and Upton probably won't move)....i think guys like Jackson and Swisher are out of play for the Tribe. Maybe the Rangers would go after a guy like Bourn instead as they can move Kinsler to 1B (so Swisher being able to play there may not matter to them).

would rather see Jackson sign with the Rangers than the Tigers at least.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:20 pm

I don't see why they wouldn't. Even before signing Hamilton felt they should. He's a good defender with speed but his value seems way less to me if he's not playing CF and Trout would appear to have that spot nailed down for the foreseeable future. Realize the options before were between Wells and Bourjos for LF so can understand wanting to start Bourjos, but a team in need of a CFer (Rays?) could offer something nice.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Hermie13 wrote:
homerawayfromhome wrote:Cubs signed Sanchez 5 yrs / $75 M ? Per mlb trade rumors.

With the Rangers missing out on Sanchez, Greinke, Hamilton, Shields and probably Upton (AZ has their SS and Upton probably won't move)....i think guys like Jackson and Swisher are out of play for the Tribe. Maybe the Rangers would go after a guy like Bourn instead as they can move Kinsler to 1B (so Swisher being able to play there may not matter to them).

would rather see Jackson sign with the Rangers than the Tigers at least.

Yep.. pitching for the Tigers, EdLose Jackson (only when he faces us).. not good news for the Indians.. The trade market may have to be THEE only way for the Indians to acquire the one additional SP they want. Maybe Kevin Towers has a need for another Utility Infielder who'll be the next Mickey Mantle?...

Unless...

The Indians new field management team and specifically Mickey Callaway can fix what's wrong with Masterson and Ubaldo... ERA's over 5, pitching behind in the count, walks and homers going up.. THIS from a pair of SP's that no longer than a season and a half ago were being considered for All Star starter & inclusion along with being future staff ace performers.

If the Indians can get these two guys back to working off well controlled FB's, one more trade for a solid SP, could become vitally important to the success or failures of the coming season...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:10 am

Re the AZ/Bauer strained relations & the cause thereof, I found this an interesting take on drafting a guy & then trying to change him:

http://www.bbprospectreport.com/2012/12 ... more-16892

Also, FWIW, I do find Gonsalvez a guy I wouldn't mind seeing the Tribe draft. Not at 5 though.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:20 am

Dariel Alvarez - OF and Adelmys Diaz - SS the most recent Cuban imports have been declared FA by MLB. Here's a brief link...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/a ... gency.html

Dariel Alvarez in 2010-2011 Serie Nacional: .363/.404/.613 20 HR, 18 BB in 376 PA.

Aledmys Diaz: .294/.435/.433 7 HR, 58 BB in 345 PA

Someone (using the name: withpower) on Mlbtraderumors posted these stats, so I'm not sure about accuracy. They seem reasonable and both guys bat RH, I'd love to see the Tribe land them - or at least Id like to see the Tribe land Dariel Alvarez the RH hitting OF.

FWIW, the Tribe are rumored to have placed a very aggressive bid on Ryu - the young LHSP recently poached away from his S. Korean team by the Dodgers for a mere $60+ M dollar investment.

Here's another link from MLB.com...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:20 am

Note to CA: Sign the Cuban of'er, make a trade with the Cardinals and take the rest of the year off... ty
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 am

Reynolds contract info with some interesting details. Didn't see it posted elsewhere. Needless to say, I don't see him cashing in on every bonus.

http://brittghiroli.mlblogs.com/2012/12 ... e-indians/
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 am

Second note: sign the Cuban OF'er, make a trade with the Mariners, take the rest of the year off...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:40 am

After Hamilton signed with the Angels, most of the star power moving to the Left Coast (except for detroit, damn them), expect to see tons of articles from the East Coast scribes marked by tendentious claims that the game is being endangered. We will be told that the "next generation" of fans will lose out on seeing the real stars because the West Coast games start so late. Of course, the games that these teams play in the East will be featured (hyped) & shown all over televison but that will be ignored.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 am

homerawayfromhome wrote:Dariel Alvarez - OF and Adelmys Diaz - SS the most recent Cuban imports have been declared FA by MLB. Here's a brief link...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/a ... gency.html

Dariel Alvarez in 2010-2011 Serie Nacional: .363/.404/.613 20 HR, 18 BB in 376 PA.

Aledmys Diaz: .294/.435/.433 7 HR, 58 BB in 345 PA

Someone (using the name: withpower) on Mlbtraderumors posted these stats, so I'm not sure about accuracy. They seem reasonable and both guys bat RH, I'd love to see the Tribe land them - or at least Id like to see the Tribe land Dariel Alvarez the RH hitting OF.

FWIW, the Tribe are rumored to have placed a very aggressive bid on Ryu - the young LHSP recently poached away from his S. Korean team by the Dodgers for a mere $60+ M dollar investment.

Here's another link from MLB.com...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb

Somebody's looking for Cespedes Version 2.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:07 am

Rocky55 wrote:Reynolds contract info with some interesting details. Didn't see it posted elsewhere. Needless to say, I don't see him cashing in on every bonus.

Not saying the figures in the article are wrong but, if he hits all the bonuses it actually adds up to $7.825M not $7.5m.... small difference granted.

But, it appears it's just the appearance bonuses he'd need to hit to get up to the $7.5m level - probably not too difficult.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 am

GoTribe028 wrote:Buster Olney now saying "rival execs" now view the best fit for Texas is Swisher, noting he can play both 1B and OF

Not shocking to say the least.

If Texas, who almost screwed up our dealings for Bauer with their Upton lust, wants Swisher now, I'd be willing to be "used" by Swisher to drive the price waaay up. I'm kinda pissed at the Rangers right now.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:12 am

dazindiansfanuk wrote:
Rocky55 wrote:Reynolds contract info with some interesting details. Didn't see it posted elsewhere. Needless to say, I don't see him cashing in on every bonus.

Not saying the figures in the article are wrong but, if he hits all the bonuses it actually adds up to $7.825M not $7.5m.... small difference granted.

But, it appears it's just the appearance bonuses he'd need to hit to get up to the $7.5m level - probably not too difficult.

A guy from Fangraghs was on Clubhouse confidential with stats on Hamilton. One surprising detail: Mark Reynolds has a better "Contact Rate" than Hamilton. Of course, when Hamilton makes contact...
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 am

Taking a break at work here, trying to remember everything from last night. Last thing, if Dempster signed for 2 yrs/$26.5 million would Jackson sign for 3 yrs/$39 million? Is he worth it or would we be better off trying to trade for a SP or 2? I'm kinda hoping we keep Asdrubal now unless we get bowled over.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Minors