RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Pitching rotation change??

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Pitching rotation change??

Postby MadThinker88 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:19 pm

With the upcoming off day on Monday, would you push back Lowe's next start and pitch McAlister on normal rest??
I would only because it would mean the upcoming series in Detroit would then feature Masterson, Jimenez and then McAlister.

What are the thoughts among those on this board??
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Re: Pitching rotation change??

Postby GoTribe028 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:02 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:With the upcoming off day on Monday, would you push back Lowe's next start and pitch McAlister on normal rest??
I would only because it would mean the upcoming series in Detroit would then feature Masterson, Jimenez and then McAlister.

Apparently Acta has already stated he will not change rotation to skip Lowe, can't remember where, but I know Bastian said it
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:12 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:With the upcoming off day on Monday, would you push back Lowe's next start and pitch McAlister on normal rest??

Was thinking how nice it would be if we could have those 3 go in a row and see if you couldn't get some winning streaks going. McAllister did go 117 pitches so an extra day could be nice for him but would set that Detroit series up nicely. May be a tad early to be moving the rotation around but personally I'd be down for such a move. Giving the old dawg an extra day off too could help Lowe (maybe). Did manage to go 6 innings and only 3 earned against Detroit last time out.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GhostofTedCox » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 am

I think there is a good chance we have another SP by Tuesday anyway. Our present rotation is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:16 am

I think it's safe to say there will be at least one move in the coming days and another when FC Hernandez is ready / able to come off of the restricted list.

My question is who's out?

Obviously, Lowe has been awful over his last 12 starts and Tomlin has too, and if the Tribe is to stay in contention for the wild card or the division something has to be done.
At this point I'd probably trade Lowe for cash or just flat out DFA him. His experience should be valuable down the stretch, but he just doesn't seem to have it. There is the possibility he could be moved to the pen as could Tomlin. Tomlin has been very hittable this season and seemingly for some time. I've never been a fan but I refuse to join the crowd that says he should have been traded for Youkilis, that's simply ridiculous IMO to flip a member of the rotation who has a history of success for a respectable but questionable acquisition. At that point who would have the Tribe added into the rotation?
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Return to Beyond The Minors