RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

NFL Draft

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: NFL Draft

Postby GhostofTedCox » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 am

Here is info you probably didn't know about Brandon Weeden:

2nd round pick of the Yankees in 2002.
In 5 seasons of MiLB he had a WHIP of 1.573 and 8.3 SO/9.

Hope the Indians have him thow out the first pitch this weekend. (From a full windup. Get a gun on him.) :biggrin
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Postby daingean » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:01 am

GhostofTedCox wrote:Here is info you probably didn't know about Brandon Weeden:

Hope the Indians have him thow out the first pitch this weekend. (From a full windup. Get a gun on him.) :biggrin

plus he gave up baseball because of high ERA and shoulder issues. I'll say the same thing I've said about Jason Knapp "Shoulder Injuries Scare Me" especially in pitchers and QB's. A QB actually throws more than a pitcher.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby criznit2009 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 am

daingean wrote:
GhostofTedCox wrote:Here is info you probably didn't know about Brandon Weeden:

plus he gave up baseball because of high ERA and shoulder issues. I'll say the same thing I've said about Jason Knapp "Shoulder Injuries Scare Me" especially in pitchers and QB's. A QB actually throws more than a pitcher.

When I looked at Weeden's baseball stats, I could only think of 2 words.....Trey Haley.

As far as the pick, I might be the only one here who actually likes Weeden. Taking him in the 1st is definitely questionable, but would not be surprised if he easily becomes the "best" QB has had since they returned to Cleveland. Will be interesting to see how they go with the rest of the draft. Will they stay conventional and pick who they are supposed to, or will they go a different route. If memory serves TJ Ward was a "surprise" pick in the 2nd round, someone who the experts felt would go much later.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 pm

criznit2009 wrote:As far as the pick, I might be the only one here who actually likes Weeden. Taking him in the 1st is definitely questionable, but would not be surprised if he easily becomes the "best" QB has had since they returned to Cleveland. Will be interesting to see how they go with the rest of the draft. Will they stay conventional and pick who they are supposed to, or will they go a different route. If memory serves TJ Ward was a "surprise" pick in the 2nd round, someone who the experts felt would go much later.

This is true, though Ward wasn't older than half the Browns current roster, plus there were reports that a few times liked him. Several teams were in need of safties. How many teams 22 and 40 needed a QB? Browns I guess....and....suppose the Chiefs could have tried trading in front of us, or maybe the Bills/Seahawks but with Fitz and Flynn, wasn't likely with a 28 year old QB.

I wouldn't be shocked if Weeden became the 'best' QB we've had since we came back....when Tim Couch currently holds that title, the bar is not set high at all. Doesn't mean taking a shotgun QB from the Big 12 (aka, the conference with no defense) was a smart move.
Last edited by Hermie13 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 pm

With reports circulating that the Browns told Colt McCoy right before the draft that they were not going to draft a QB in round 1...is it any wonder why the Browns can't get anyone to come here in free agency and while many draft prospects supposively said they didn't want to play for the Browns?

I mean, I understand competition and if they really feel Weeden is better than Colt ok, I can buy that I guess....but don't tell Colt that you aren't taking a QB, then not only take one but REACH for a QB. Just don't say anything to Colt. good grief
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Weeden: The 40 yr old Virgin, um, I mean: The 28 yr old Rookie. From H&H Productions. Epic Flop.

What the hell could they have been thinking???
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Rocky55 wrote:Weeden: The 40 yr old Virgin, um, I mean: The 28 yr old Rookie. From H&H Productions. Epic Flop.

What the hell could they have been thinking???

What scares me the most is that Heckert said before the draft that the Browns only had 18 guys with 1st round grades and would look to trade down if they were all gone...that tells me they had Weeden as a top 18 guy in this entire draft.....eek
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby daingean » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 pm

criznit2009 wrote:As far as the pick, I might be the only one here who actually likes Weeden. Taking him in the 1st is definitely questionable, but would not be surprised if he easily becomes the "best" QB has had since they returned to Cleveland. Will be interesting to see how they go with the rest of the draft. Will they stay conventional and pick who they are supposed to, or will they go a different route. If memory serves TJ Ward was a "surprise" pick in the 2nd round, someone who the experts felt would go much later.

My feelings are not necessarily how much I like Weeden as it is more about my feeling this was bad value at #22. My preference would have been to grab Reiff as that would have been the best value. I think he can be the best QB since the rebirth but that doesn't say much. But in retrospective none of the QB's since the rebirth were worth a 1st round pick (although I think Couch's situation was magnified by bad OL play).
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:52 pm

daingean wrote:My feelings are not necessarily how much I like Weeden as it is more about my feeling this was bad value at #22. My preference would have been to grab Reiff as that would have been the best value. I think he can be the best QB since the rebirth but that doesn't say much. But in retrospective none of the QB's since the rebirth were worth a 1st round pick (although I think Couch's situation was magnified by bad OL play).

Speaking of Couch...

6'4" 220 lb QB, from a shotgun offense who was a great all-around athlete, that threw for a ton of yards and completed a high percentage of passes...

Sounds earily similar to Weedon...

Couch was drafted 13 years ago...only 6 years older than Weedon.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby daingean » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Hermie13 wrote:
daingean wrote:My feelings are not necessarily how much I like Weeden as it is more about my feeling this was bad value at #22. My preference would have been to grab Reiff as that would have been the best value. I think he can be the best QB since the rebirth but that doesn't say much. But in retrospective none of the QB's since the rebirth were worth a 1st round pick (although I think Couch's situation was magnified by bad OL play).

Speaking of Couch...

6'4" 220 lb QB, from a shotgun offense who was a great all-around athlete, that threw for a ton of yards and completed a high percentage of passes...

one difference....the Browns OL in 2012 should be vastly different than 1999...plus the running game will be way better w/Richardson....on the otherhand, Weedon will have to pick up the WCO quickly (which really doesn't happen often).
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Rounds two and three this evening should be ho-hum'ers...The Browns get an early pick in the second round and should have anyone of three guys that can help:

The offense:

WR's
Alshon Jeffery
Rueben Randle
Stephen Hill
Chris Givens

TE's
Coby Fleener

O-Line
Cordy Glenn
Bobby Massie
Mitchell Schwartz
Amini Silatolu
Jonathan Martin

The Defense:

D-Line
Courtney Upshaw

LB's
LaVonte David
Bobby Wagner

DB's
Janoris Jenkins
Brian Boykin

Of all the players left on the board, Cordy Glenn and Courtney Upshaw may be the best two...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Hermie13 wrote:

Speaking of Couch...

Dammit Hermie, I didn't think I could feel any worse. :mad
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ClevelandBlues » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love the browns, but last night showed why they are and will continue to be a loser organization. Our two biggest holes were receiver and offensive lineman. We had two picks in the first round, and neither position was addressed. I dont hate Richardson, but it annoyed me quite a bit that they traded all those picks to move up one spot. A lot of excellent players have been drafted in the fourth round or later. The NFL is also currently a pass first league, and the running game is of secondary importance. I wasn't really high on Blackmon, at least not at 4, but having Claiborne, Haden and Ward would go a long way towards shutting down the opposing team's passing game. But if you are going to draft a running back with the first pick, then the second pick should have been a lineman to help open holes for him. Thomas and Mack are top shelf lineman, but the rest of the line is flat out terrible. Considering DeCastro, Glenn, Zeitler and Adams were still on the board, it was a huge missed opportunity. Mercilus at right defensive end would have also been nice. Weeden's age doesnt bother me as much as some on here, if he can stay around for five years or so, then it might not be a bad pick, but I see no reason why he still wouldn't be on the board at 37. What good is having a new quarterback when there is no offensive line to protect him and no receivers to throw to. Hopefully they got all of their stupidity out of their system last night, but lets just say I don't have a lot of faith in them. They will probably draft a long snapper with the 37th pick. Oh well, at least the tribe is doing well and the Cavs look promising.
ClevelandBlues
Draft Prospect

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:16 pm

daingean wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

Speaking of Couch...

one difference....the Browns OL in 2012 should be vastly different than 1999...plus the running game will be way better w/Richardson....on the otherhand, Weedon will have to pick up the WCO quickly (which really doesn't happen often).

Agree on both the OL a bit (definitely better LT, no question), but still got a lot of work to do. Richardson should be infinitely better than anything Couch had. Agree there completely. Worried about him picking up the WCO too though. Hoping Childress can help though.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Rocky55 wrote:Dammit Hermie, I didn't think I could feel any worse. :mad

Hey at least the Ravens aren't adding a stud pass rusher like Upshaw too....o wait.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Hermie13 wrote:

Hey at least the Ravens aren't adding a stud pass rusher like Upshaw too....o wait.

Weeden thinks we should go O line next pick. :razz
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:30 pm

Rocky55 wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

Weeden thinks we should go O line next pick. :razz

Actually like the Swartz pick. Maybe a bit early, but I like him better than Massie, Martin, and Adams. Would have preferred Glenn as he's more versatile, but still solid pick IMO.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:03 pm

I'da taken Glenn too but I've seen him play alot. He can play all over the line. I'm just happy we seemed to have plugged one of the two glaring holes. Lets go get a WR now, then add some DB's.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Of the five O-Linemen ID'd & listed in order of priority above:

O-Line
Cordy Glenn
Bobby Massie
Mitchell Schwartz
Amini Silatolu
Jonathan Martin

Anyone of the first three would have been good picks..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby ClevelandBlues » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:23 pm

I think Glenn would have been the better pick, but I will take it. Hopefully there will still be a half decent wide receiver available in round 3. Sorry about the rant earlier, being a Browns fan can be frustrating sometimes.
ClevelandBlues
Draft Prospect

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:30 pm

ClevelandBlues wrote:I think Glenn would have been the better pick, but I will take it. Hopefully there will still be a half decent wide receiver available in round 3. Sorry about the rant earlier, being a Browns fan can be frustrating sometimes.

I agreed with everything you said in your rant so there's no need to apologize. :lol

Had to pause while posting to give a standing O to Eddie George :exclaim
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Rocky55 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Meant to mention, I'll defer to the talent evaluators on the team when juding O Lineman. Maybe Schwartz fits their schemes better than Glenn. Like Blues, I'm just glad they addressed the need.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Man do the Steelers love drafting Buckeyes
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Browns trade down with the Broncos....Randall and a few DBs off the board just before...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Edible14 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm tempted to screenshot this. The grades for most of the guys going in this round are in the 70s/80s, with a few 60s over on NFL.com. The Browns pick, John Hughes (DT, Cincy), gets a grade of 48.2. I'm not trying to make a big deal about NFL.com's rating system, it's just amusing is all.

This is the part of the draft where I just throw up my hands and hope that H&H have it covered. They're the ones who need to have scouted these guys, need to know they'll fit the system, and know that they'll succeed. You don't draft by need, you draft based on best player available, and apparently they think that's John Hughes.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby daingean » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 pm

ClevelandBlues wrote:I think Glenn would have been the better pick, but I will take it. Hopefully there will still be a half decent wide receiver available in round 3. Sorry about the rant earlier, being a Browns fan can be frustrating sometimes.

Frustrating sometimes? Err last time I wasn't frustrated Hanford Dixon and Frank Minniefield shut down the opposition. OK it was frustrating losing to Denver those 3 years but they got to the championship game (like the Indians in '95 and '97 getting to the WS....I'll take that)....

As for Glenn, some were calling him a OG and others an OT. I guess Swartz is more the pure OT. I saw a few UGA games and they could run the ball but never really watched Glenn at the point of attack. UGA's achilles heal was the OL but it only takes 1 guy to miss a block and the OL looks bad. I'm glad they addressed it (but would have preferred Rieff in the 1st to Weedon there).
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:04 pm

The Trade Down with the Broncos is telling in so much as the players remaining and the needs that exist have a large number of players who may or may not be able to contribute in the NFL. Because of the uncertainty, Heckert and Holmgren went "Mark Shapiro" on the later rounds of the draft.. get eight guys that, on paper, might play.. while hoping at least three stick. With that said, the Browns needs are still pretty much defined as:

Wide Receiver:
Chris Givens (lone remaining from my first list). Could get better release off the line.
Jarius Wright WR Arkansas: Speed merchant that plays up to his competition A good pick
Devon Wylie WR Fresno St: Brian Brennan clone.. smallish, athletic, smart and has GREAT hands, could be more durable
Joe Adams WR Arkansas: a YAC monster with not much else to offer

Linebacker
Nigel Bradham OLB Florida St: Tough, athletic and confident athlete with gifted speed and instincts
Josh Kaddu OLB Oregon: Coming off foot injury, ideal size and speed with toughness, excellent special teams guy

Defensive Back
Brandon Boykin CB Georgia: Speed and toughness, but injury to leg make him suspect. If healthy, he has 1st rd talent
Chaz Powell CB/S Penn St: Has the size of a safety and speed of a CB. Good pick in the later rounds

Let's see if any of these 'mocks' come up during the marathon that will be today's fourth round onward for the NFL Draft..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Travis Benjamin?.. okay. uh, other than incredible top en speed, this string bean of a kid doesn't have a lot of peripheral things you look for in a WR.. I wonder if he'll be able to get off the line of scrimmage as a wide out.. He may be able to release only if he's a motion guy or slot receiver.. which wouldn't be too bad..

Oh, here's a scouting report on him from NFL Scouting: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=WR
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:32 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:Travis Benjamin?.. okay. uh, other than incredible top en speed, this string bean of a kid doesn't have a lot of peripheral things you look for in a WR.. I wonder if he'll be able to get off the line of scrimmage as a wide out.. He may be able to release only if he's a motion guy or slot receiver.. which wouldn't be too bad..

Oh, here's a scouting report on him from NFL Scouting: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=WR

Actually really liked that pick even in the 4th. That speedy type of WR that Heckert loves (think DeSean Jackson). Gives the Browns a nice backup return option too behind Cribbs.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Edible14 wrote:I'm tempted to screenshot this. The grades for most of the guys going in this round are in the 70s/80s, with a few 60s over on NFL.com. The Browns pick, John Hughes (DT, Cincy), gets a grade of 48.2. I'm not trying to make a big deal about NFL.com's rating system, it's just amusing is all.

This is the part of the draft where I just throw up my hands and hope that H&H have it covered. They're the ones who need to have scouted these guys, need to know they'll fit the system, and know that they'll succeed. You don't draft by need, you draft based on best player available, and apparently they think that's John Hughes.

Yeah I really don't like that Hughes pick. Hate using a 3rd round pick on a depth/backup guy. That's what we should have used free agency for. Haven't been impressed with Heckert's (and Holmgren's) use of 3rd rounders. Lauvo and Colt, trading up for Hardesty and Taylor, now Hughes. Taylor seems like he'll be alright but looking at the rest leaves much to be desired. Should still be getting starters in the 3rd round.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby ironmike » Tue May 01, 2012 8:01 am

Hermie, per Doug Dieken, teams in the NFL today have 16 starters on defense with specialists being assigned to different packages. Rotation with the linemen is very important. The Bengals in our division are a great example.

The Browns feel both Rubin and Taylor played lots of downs last year and will benefit from a rotation.

With that said, the pick was not a waste, but an attempt to upgrade.
ironmike
Single-A Phenom

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue May 01, 2012 9:00 am

Post draft analyses can be soooooo whiney.. Doug Dieken's opinion matters because? IDK... Here's a brief recap:

-The first point: Did the Browns need to trade up one spot to get Trent Richardson or did Rick Spielman "punk" the Browns into giving away three extra picks? You decide.. at the end of the day, the guy the Browns wanted is in the fold.. good pick!

-The second point: Would Brandon Weeden have been available in the second round (pick # 37)? Maybe?.. maybe not?. IDK. If the Browns FO believe he's the guy, then taking Weeden at # 22 was the right move. IMHO.. Weeden would have been there at # 37.. So, the OT could have been Riley Reiff instead of Mitchell Schwartz if the Browns stayed with an offensive lineman. There were two WR's taken between # 22 and # 37, Quick and Jenkins...neither one is exactly a big deal.

-The third point: Drafting a RT (Mitchell Schwartz) was the BEST THING THE BROWNS COULD HAVE DONE... PERIOD..

-The fourth point: Taking John Hughes, who the Browns apparently like a LOT was a wise move. Some have intimated that the Browns were reaching here.. Hughes was selected with the 87th pick. There is a story that said the New Orleans Saints were set to take Hughes with the 89th pick:

...It seems as though Heckert had a right to be concerned. The {ESPN} source also said the New Orleans Saints, who owned the #89 pick in the draft, were going to take Hughes if he was there. The Saints ended up selecting Regina defensive lineman Akiem Hicks, who is almost the exact same size as Hughes...

So, was the John Hughes pick a reach?.. Most probable: YES.. Would the Browns have been better served to take someone else at # 87?.. Again, most probable: YES.. It wasn't a good pick at # 87.. Personally.. I would have liked to see the Browns take either TY Hilton or Chris Givens (WR's) at # 87... or even possibly Nigel Badham or Kyle Wilber both run stuffing athletic Linebackers. It seems as if the Browns saw what they wanted to see in John Hughes and took him.
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:10 pm

ironmike wrote:Hermie, per Doug Dieken, teams in the NFL today have 16 starters on defense with specialists being assigned to different packages. Rotation with the linemen is very important. The Bengals in our division are a great example.

The Browns feel both Rubin and Taylor played lots of downs last year and will benefit from a rotation.

With that said, the pick was not a waste, but an attempt to upgrade.

You need more than 16 starters really IMO. That wasn't my issue with the Hughes pick. I don't like drafting a guy that will be at best a backup in the 3rd round. Can wait til the 4th, 5th, or 6th round (see Winn) to do that, or as I would have prefered, attacked free agency in that way. We had a huge hole at DE oppostie Sheard....I'd have rather us gotten depth DTs and gone after a stud pass rusher in this draft.

And obviously what "experts" think and what teams think are different...but there were several that had Hughes as a UDFA talent. Taking him in the 3rd was a reach...especially since he's a backup.

The pick was not a waste...agree there. But sure looks like a bad pick nevertheless.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:17 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:Post draft analyses can be soooooo whiney.. Doug Dieken's opinion matters because? IDK... Here's a brief recap:

-The first point: Did the Browns need to trade up one spot to get Trent Richardson or did Rick Spielman "punk" the Browns into giving away three extra picks? You decide.. at the end of the day, the guy the Browns wanted is in the fold.. good pick!

Agree we will never truely know on Richardson and if another team would have traded up. But think it should be reiterated what the Bucs ended up doing (team that many thought was the one trying to trade up). They ended up taking Barron...the best safety in the draft. Then traded up to draft Doug Martin, the 2nd best RB in the draft.

I don't think it's a reach to think they were interested in moving up to get Richardson and then targeting a guy like Harrison Smith (went late 1st) who was the 2nd best safety in the draft. Maybe they would have missed out on Smith (Vikings did trade up for him), but worth pointing out IMO....Richardson/Smith or Barron/Martin...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Edible14 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:29 pm

The thing I keep thinking is that clearly the Browns had a list of "their guys", and weren't really concerned about perceived value in the media or whether or not they'd be taken before their next pick. I think if Wright was at #22, they might have gambled that Weeden would've been there at #37, but they just didn't think that much of Reiff and all of the other guys available there. Heckert was quoted as saying he only had 18 guys with a round 1 grade, so perhaps he thought Weeden was by far the best player available.

The Browns drafting Schwartz kind-of solidified this, as he was a lot less highly regarded by Scouts, ESPN, FootballsFuture, etc. than some of the other o-linemen available at that pick. Maybe the Browns' ideal draft would have been Wright at #22, and everyone else back one slot. But all of these picks seem to be guys that H&H really fell in love with for whatever reason. Maybe that's a good thing.

Although, the first thing that I think of when I think that is the Oakland Raiders falling in love with Darrius Heyward-Bey, JaMarcus Russel and Michael Mitchell over the last few years. Which isn't a comforting comparison to bring up.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ironmike » Tue May 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Hermie, bad pick? How in the hell would you know unless you see Hughes play?
ironmike
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Tue May 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Which would you rather have a 4th receiver or a 3rd DT.
I wished the Browns had drafted TY Hilton bc of his explosiveness but a 3rd DT has more value IMO.
The Browns had been porous against the run in recent yrs. That probably has lingered in the Browns mind.

Personally, I really liked the James-Michael Johnson, Billy Winn, Ryan Miller pks, also Emmanual Acho could contribute at OLB.

Schwartz should be a solid RT, and is an immediate starter. From what I read he would likely be pk at 50-75. He may have been early, but they may have lost him if they tr back. No matter what we'd all be second guessing anyway.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:57 pm

ironmike wrote:Hermie, bad pick? How in the hell would you know unless you see Hughes play?

I have watched the Bearcats play.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:10 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Which would you rather have a 4th receiver or a 3rd DT.
I wished the Browns had drafted TY Hilton bc of his explosiveness but a 3rd DT has more value IMO.
The Browns had been porous against the run in recent yrs. That probably has lingered in the Browns mind.

Personally, I really liked the James-Michael Johnson, Billy Winn, Ryan Miller pks, also Emmanual Acho could contribute at OLB.

Schwartz should be a solid RT, and is an immediate starter. From what I read he would likely be pk at 50-75. He may have been early, but they may have lost him if they tr back. No matter what we'd all be second guessing anyway.

I don't disagree that that Browns needed help against the run...but how much will Hughes help there as a backup? Taylor and Rubin will be 1st and 2nd down guys....Hughes could help on 3rd and short, but we could have used a pass rusher more at that spot. Guess maybe the Browns will use Hughes on 1st down and sub in Taylor (ok pass rusher from the DT spot last year), but still the 3rd round is very high for a guy that won't really be a starter.

I really liked the Winn pick and a few other late ones...but again, that's where you should be getting depth guys for a rotation, not 3rd round.

Also...had you not traded down you could have gotten a guy like Sanu, who could easily have been our #2 WR (not just our #4) by mid-season. Likely going to push to be the Bengals #2 in their WCO.

I really hope the pick works out, but seems like another wasted 3rd round pick from Heckert and company to me...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby homerawayfromhome » Tue May 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Personally I would have perfered Chris Givens, TY Hilton, BJ Coleman or even Kirk Cousins (no Im not convinced on Weeden) to John Hughes. The best that I can figure is they felt it necessary to upgrade the run D. Hughes wont generate a pass rush but will be a decent run plugger. Something obviously, the teams has been lacking... then again Phil Taylor should have solved that right?
Actually, they needed a run stopping S and an OLB to push / replace Fujita. That would drastically improve the run D The add. of Frostee Rucker should help. Hes not a pass rusher, but is solid on run plays opp. of Sheard should make a solid combo.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby ScrappyWahoo » Wed May 02, 2012 12:11 am

Alot of you folks should stick to baseball.
ScrappyWahoo
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby GeronimoSon » Sun May 06, 2012 8:40 am

ScrappyWahoo wrote:Alot of you folks should stick to baseball.
You should stick with the option of remaining silent... otherwise, the "remove all doubt" portion of the metaphor will be revealed...
Ooooops.. too late..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby ScrappyWahoo » Sun May 06, 2012 2:04 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:
You should stick with the option of remaining silent... otherwise, the "remove all doubt" portion of the metaphor will be revealed...
Ooooops.. too late..

Lol PUH-LEASE
You're a nobodu you have never matteres for anyhing in your sad pathetic life.
ScrappyWahoo
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ScrappyWahoo » Sun May 06, 2012 2:05 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:
Ooooops.. too late..

Lol PUH-LEASE
You're a nobodu you have never matteres for anyhing in your sad pathetic life. Im the greatest thing god has ever put on thia earth.

Now why dont you take alomg vacation from my board before ibeat your faggot ass
ScrappyWahoo
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby A.Zajac » Sun May 06, 2012 3:59 pm

ScrappyWahoo wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:
Ooooops.. too late..

Lol PUH-LEASE
You're a nobodu you have never matteres for anyhing in your sad pathetic life. Im the greatest thing god has ever put on thia earth.

Now why dont you take alomg vacation from my board before ibeat your faggot ass

YOU have been reported, Scrappy! :mrgreen
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Previous

Return to Beyond The Minors