RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Top 50 countdown?

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Top 50 countdown?

Postby stoike » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 pm

I swear that I recall you saying that the Top 50 prospect countdown would start on January 25th. Was I a month off? Can't wait to buy your book, Tony! :smile:
stoike
Draft Prospect

Re: Top 50 countdown?

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:46 pm

stoike wrote:I swear that I recall you saying that the Top 50 prospect countdown would start on January 25th. Was I a month off? Can't wait to buy your book, Tony! :smile:

It's set to kick off Monday with the launch of the new IPI, although Tony can confirm.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:13 am

Make that towards the end of the week.. Thursday or Friday.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:35 am

I'm at the airport. Have had some family matters with an ailing family member that has had me flying to Florida the past three weekends. Thus, it has pushed things back. This week is in limbo as I probably have a funeral, etc so will be in Florida for most of the week. I'm shooting for Wednesday or Thursday. The countdown is ready to go....just waiting for the new site to be ready.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby JP_Frost » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Love the scouting reports so far. Great job!

As for Ronny Rodriguez, I wonder if he can play other positions than SS. Obviously Lindor is a ways away, and it's not an issue at the moment, but he does seem like our future SS. That means Rodriguez needs to move off the position if he continues to develop his bat. 3rd base and RF seem like logical destinations, but Tony do you think Ronny would be able to handle CF or does he lack speed?
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:51 am

JP_Frost wrote:Love the scouting reports so far. Great job!

As for Ronny Rodriguez, I wonder if he can play other positions than SS. Obviously Lindor is a ways away, and it's not an issue at the moment, but he does seem like our future SS. That means Rodriguez needs to move off the position if he continues to develop his bat. 3rd base and RF seem like logical destinations, but Tony do you think Ronny would be able to handle CF or does he lack speed?

Absolutely. R-Rod has the athleticism, arm, and speed to move to CF down the road. Really, he could end up at any position. But he is going nowhere unless that Lindor and himself both charge up to AAA over the next few years and the org has to make a decision (which would be a GREAT problem to have).
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Return to Indians Prospect Talk