Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Site name change coming....

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Site name change coming....

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:08 pm

Going to change the name of the site here real soon and (hopefully) add a custom logo I have been working on. Before I do that, and lock myself into a domain name I want to keep and a site name i want to keep so I never have to change again, I was wondering if I could get some feedback and/or suggestions.

Right now, I am planning on calling the site "Indians Prospect Insider" with the web address as http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com . I wanted something simple and to get away from the blogspot thingy since that is so hard to explain when I tell someone about the site. It is much easier to rattle off for example "go to indians.com" than to say "go to indians.blogspot.com". The blogspot things is confusing to some.

Also, this is a step to get my own domain and to eventually move away from Google to where I can hopefully start to customize the site more how I like it and add tons of things. Maybe not until next offseason though.

(FYI, I tried to get indiansprospects.com but that is already taken)
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: Site name change coming....

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:36 pm

What about tribe prospects or CTribe prospects??
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TheWord » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:37 pm

insidetribe.com

tribeinsider.com

tribeminors.com

Or yours would work just fine as well, although a bit lengthy.
TheWord
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Good suggestions. It is important that it has some mention to prospects and doesn't just look like another Indians blog/site. I thought about using Tribe instead of Indians, but I am unsure how many people outside of Cleveland know the Indians are commonly called the Tribe. Also, when people do google/yahoo seaches they do it as Cleveland Indians and not Cleveland Tribe or really ever a search with "Tribe" in it.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby DAM » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:06 pm

We went through the same thing, spent more time picking out a name than writing for awhile. Anything with minorleagues or minorleaguers gets too long. I like tribeprospects.com, simple to remember and describes the site.
DAM
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby DAM » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Ooops, didn't see your last comment about "tribe" names. How about clevelandprospects.com?
DAM
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Tribeprospects.com is available. I have to think about that one......

Still think it hurts ultimately in seach engines, unless in the site title then I include reference to the "indians".

May be time for a poll! 8-)
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Tony,
While I understand the concern about 'Tribe' not being 'Indians', I think you don't need to worry.

Your site is already 'THE' location to get information about the players in the minors for the Indians.
Friends and Fans will continue to help in getting the word out to the general public.
Current players in the Indians minors, those close to them and their agents will likely be spreading the word among the rest of the players.
Linking with other similar sites by fans of other organizations will also educate other fan bases.
A few helpful plugs/pushes by media members like Pluto and the momentum of the site whatever it is named will not be stopped.

You have a budding success on your hands..... :mrgreen:
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:56 pm

The check is in the mail Mike. :)

I'm going to setup a poll for these four I think are best:

tribeprospects.com
futureindians.com
indiansprospectinsider.com
indianstopprospects.com
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby jellis » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:13 pm

want to keep it pretty simple dont like the longer two, easier to remember.
Mike is right. I know I tell every Indians fan about the site and I am sure so does everyone else who posts here
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby npc29 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:42 pm

I like tribeprospects but something with the Indians in the URL does make more sense for search engine reasons.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:18 pm

Okay, I just said the hell with it and decided on indiansprospectinsider.com since that was what I had decided on it being called in the first place. It has been purchased, and is in the process up being updated so you'll notice sometime in the next 24-48 hours a transition to the new domain (you'll get re-directed from the old link).
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Timmyb » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:37 am

Tony,

I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this site.I just spent an hour looking over a few of the other organizations sites that you posted, and all I can say is that they are second rate in comparison to this site.

TimmyB
Timmyb
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:51 am

Thanks Timmy. I do say, I am having a hard time finding other sites like this one aside from the four I posted. If I had the cash, I'd start a network of these sites for each team.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TheWord » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:00 am

I'll echo those sentiments, there is a ton of good information on this site. I'll be interviewing with the Indians in December, so I hope to provide more information to this site after I knock the interview out of the park.

But seriously, this site will be much better than the other top prospect sites for other teams, they aren't run by the same type of people we have here.

Hint hint: Feel free to make me a mod on the new site. : )
TheWord
Rookie Baller

Postby artgold » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:24 pm

I wouldn't go with "tribe" in the name. When folks outside of the regular posters search they are going to focus on the name "Indians", not "tribe". Searches will be stuff involving the name indians, and that will give you the hits.

As you know, I follow the Phillies closely too. If you enter "Phillies minor league prospects" in google, you don't get your equivalent site for the Phillies, "phuturephillies" until the 16th listing.

Getting away from known names cost hits, and "tribe" is not a name associated with the Indians outside of NE Ohio.
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Indians Prospect Talk