RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

2011 Lake County Captains Thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: 2011 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby entertheshoe » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Tony, or anyone who knows, why was Bryce Stowell sent to Lake County? He got all the way to Columbus last year and is 24 years old. Is this just a temporary thing while they make room in Akron or Columbus? I thought Stowell was one of our higher regarded relief prospects.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby petes999 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Think of Stowell as a rehab assignment in LC. Just as Weglarz was put in Akron, Stowell is being eased in against easier competition to get his confidence up and so he does go all out against equal competition and strain himself to early. Would expect him up to Akron or Columbus after a few apperances. Just like Miller in Kinston before going to Akron.
petes999
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Stowell is a big time arm, if you remember last yr he was shut down late with an elbow strain. It or something else (he was down for personal reasons) held him back. In spring Stowell 23, (turns 24 in late Aug) lost it... his command was all over the place, I personally believe they are trying to ease him in with kids gloves and give him a competitive advantage against lesser talent level than he pitched last yr. Stowell was only pitching mid to low 90's not bc of injury but rather because his wildness, he didn't lose velocity more than he lost command, sounds like it may have been more related to the personal reasons than the elbow strain. I dont think the Tribe really needs to push Stowell at all and they appear to be just easing him in again.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby indianinkslinger » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Stowell is a big time arm, if you remember last yr he was shut down late with an elbow strain. It or something else (he was down for personal reasons) held him back. In spring Stowell 23, (turns 24 in late Aug) lost it... his command was all over the place, I personally believe they are trying to ease him in with kids gloves and give him a competitive advantage against lesser talent level than he pitched last yr. Stowell was only pitching mid to low 90's not bc of injury but rather because his wildness, he didn't lose velocity more than he lost command, sounds like it may have been more related to the personal reasons than the elbow strain. I dont think the Tribe really needs to push Stowell at all and they appear to be just easing him in again.

Yeah, he did not look like the same pitcher this spring. Looked to be overstriding and "dragging" his arm. I am sure they will find room for him in Columbus when he is back in form. No need to rush him. Plenty of deadwood on the Clippers roster when the time comes. :pleasantry:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Yeah, Stowell should not be in Lake County for long. Just a temp assignment while placement of pitchers above gets sorted out and he gets eased back in.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Bryson called up to Kinston. No countermove to fill the LC roster spot (waiting on word re: one to open up the necessary Kinston roster spot). Between all of the call-ups and Stowell's imminent ascension up the ladder, the Tribe will have to send some draft picks or projected MV veterans to LC just to fill the roster.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:Bryson called up to Kinston. No countermove to fill the LC roster spot (waiting on word re: one to open up the necessary Kinston roster spot). Between all of the call-ups and Stowell's imminent ascension up the ladder, the Tribe will have to send some draft picks or projected MV veterans to LC just to fill the roster.

Did you get Aaron Fields and Jordan Casas now being at Lake County?
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:31 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:Bryson called up to Kinston. No countermove to fill the LC roster spot (waiting on word re: one to open up the necessary Kinston roster spot). Between all of the call-ups and Stowell's imminent ascension up the ladder, the Tribe will have to send some draft picks or projected MV veterans to LC just to fill the roster.

Did you get Aaron Fields and Jordan Casas now being at Lake County?

Yep. It's still at 23 right now even with those moves. Stowell going up would put it at 22.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Jimenez to LC to make room in Kinston for Bryson

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... 2&sid=t485
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Hearing that Jimenez is still in Kinston. May be a paper move.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:Hearing that Jimenez is still in Kinston. May be a paper move.

Probably so as Bryson probably only in KInston for 5-7 days max.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby entertheshoe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Tony I see your presence brought out the best in the top prospects in Lake County:

Levon 3-5 with a HR
Ronnie Rodriguez with a HR
Lavisky 3-4 with a HR

Looks like you need to attend more games.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:36 pm

entertheshoe wrote:Tony I see your presence brought out the best in the top prospects in Lake County:

Levon 3-5 with a HR
Ronnie Rodriguez with a HR
Lavisky 3-4 with a HR

Looks like you need to attend more games.

heh, yeah. Impressed by what I saw tonight on the offensive side of things. Ronny Rodriguez to me may very well be the best prospect on that team. Interesting story in talking to him tonight for a piece I am doing on him. He was actually signed by the Cubs at 16, and I have to go back and listen again to the audio from the interview, but something about him in high school in Boston in the states when he signed voided the deal so he had to be released from the contract and then sit out a year and then he signed with the Indians last Sept. It is why he was 18 when he signed. I have to try and do more fact checking on that, but interesting. The story was hard to understand because of his heavy spanish dialect (he speaks pretty good english, though limited some).
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Jimenez was never even added to the LC roster. They made moves today that put them at the limit not including Jimenez.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby entertheshoe » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Mike Rayl's box score looks lights out today:

8 strikeouts in 3.2 innings, 0 walks, 2 hits, 1 unearned run
That means 8 of his 11 outs came via strikeout, yowza.

Is the 3.2 innings just to ease him back in? I see that he hadn't played since May 30th so that's what I'm assuming. And is his stuff as good as his numbers?
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm

With Dwight Childs moving up to Columbus to fill in for Carlin who went on the DL today, Moise Montero has joined Lake County.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Anyone know how fast Stowell has been throwing?
Lloyd Christmas
Draft Prospect

Postby indianinkslinger » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:24 pm

It looks to me like there is some decent talent on the LC squad that may serve the Indians well in the future. At the top of my list is Jesus Aguilar who appears to be the best RH power hitting prospect the Indians have had in some time. This is especially good because he plays 1B and the organization is woefully short of prospects there. Aguilar is being considered for top 20 when we post our top 20 later this month.

Alex Monsalve reallly interested me this ST. He looked so good that I was not surprised when it was Lavisky who was sent down instead of Monsalve. He is still a bit rough in his catching skills but he seems to have all the tools. But I was very impressed with his bat potential. He squares up very well and it looks to me like power will develop over time.

LeVon Washington is developing quite nicely IMO. I know that puts me at odds with some on the site but I tend to look at the stats after he returned from injuty as the aberation rather than a true performance indicator. If you look at June and his most recent numbers, there looks to be a positive trend.

Talk about rough! Ronny Rodriguez is all of that but he has some serious tools. Drawing a walk is not among those toolss but it is difficult to overlook the rest of the package, especially at his age.

I think these four will be the heart of our A+ team next year and the rebirth of a system that has largely been devoid of any potenial impact position players at the A+/AA levels this year. They are all unblocked by any talent currently in Kinston and should be welcome position prospects at the upper levels fairly soon IMO.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby Rocky55 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:48 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:It looks to me like there is some decent talent on the LC squad that may serve the Indians well in the future. At the top of my list is Jesus Aguilar who appears to be the best RH power hitting prospect the Indians have had in some time. This is especially good because he plays 1B and the organization is woefully short of prospects there. Aguilar is being considered for top 20 when we post our top 20 later this month.

Alex Monsalve reallly interested me this ST. He looked so good that I was not surprised when it was Lavisky who was sent down instead of Monsalve. He is still a bit rough in his catching skills but he seems to have all the tools. But I was very impressed with his bat potential. He squares up very well and it looks to me like power will develop over time.

LeVon Washington is developing quite nicely IMO. I know that puts me at odds with some on the site but I tend to look at the stats after he returned from injuty as the aberation rather than a true performance indicator. If you look at June and his most recent numbers, there looks to be a positive trend.

Talk about rough! Ronny Rodriguez is all of that but he has some serious tools. Drawing a walk is not among those toolss but it is difficult to overlook the rest of the package, especially at his age.

I think these four will be the heart of our A+ team next year and the rebirth of a system that has largely been devoid of any potenial impact position players at the A+/AA levels this year. They are all unblocked by any talent currently in Kinston and should be welcome position prospects at the upper levels fairly soon IMO.

Thanks for the scouting report Slinger. I was wondering about Aguilar & Monsalve, their stats look great but I have a hard time projecting players that I haven't seen based on stats. How do you judge Aguilar's projection with the contact tool? He seems to K a lot but his BB/K rate isn't terrible.

I had the same concern about Rodriguez. I mean a player should be able to amass more than 2 BB by accident. Of course Monsalve's rate isn't much better: 15BB/56K.

I'm still a big fan of LeVon Washington also. That talent is still there & as a guy who still has big hopes for Trey Haley, Washington gets a lot more slack from me. The batting eye is there, .352 OBP, he just needs to get healthy to get the power numbers up. I'd be surprised if he isn't playing the OF in Cleveland in four years.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby indianinkslinger » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Rocky55 wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:It looks to me like there is some decent talent on the LC squad that may serve the Indians well in the future. At the top of my list is Jesus Aguilar who appears to be the best RH power hitting prospect the Indians have had in some time. This is especially good because he plays 1B and the organization is woefully short of prospects there. Aguilar is being considered for top 20 when we post our top 20 later this month.

Thanks for the scouting report Slinger. I was wondering about Aguilar & Monsalve, their stats look great but I have a hard time projecting players that I haven't seen based on stats. How do you judge Aguilar's projection with the contact tool? He seems to K a lot but his BB/K rate isn't terrible.

I had the same concern about Rodriguez. I mean a player should be able to amass more than 2 BB by accident. Of course Monsalve's rate isn't much better: 15BB/56K.

I'm still a big fan of LeVon Washington also. That talent is still there & as a guy who still has big hopes for Trey Haley, Washington gets a lot more slack from me. The batting eye is there, .352 OBP, he just needs to get healthy to get the power numbers up. I'd be surprised if he isn't playing the OF in Cleveland in four years.

You are entirely welcome Rocky. Aguilar will be tested as he moves up. He was awesome hitting fastballs in ST but not so much on breaking balls and even less on changes. Although not the athlete Abreu is, he has a better idea of pitch recognition and the zone but needs work. However, he has time to pick it up. Tony and I watched Bartolone and Rodriguez alternating at SS in pitching/batting drills. I liked Bartolone but Rodriguez made a play to his backhand that was something special. Later I watched him hit against some older prospect pitchers. His swing reminds me somewhat of Gutz. Good bat speed with quick wrists in the zone but too long. Didn't have a clue about offspeed pitches and was embarrassed by Burns until Burns tried to get a fastball by him. He hit a rocket about 375. While I can recognize tools, or at least used to be able to, you can tell from my many evaluation screwups that I have no special insights as to how they will develop in those areas. :drinks:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby OhioBaseball » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Thanks for sharing the evals, guys. I'd love to see Rodriguez play in person. I, too, am a little alarmed at his low walk rate, BUT the guy looks to be making fairly good contact -- the guy has 16 extra base hits against 21 strike outs going into tonight. That's an encouraging ratio, and is nothing like that of other free swinging Tribe prospect Abner Abreu who has struck out about 4 times for every 1 extra base hit he gets. Rodriguez is (apparently) taking legit swings and making pretty good contact despite the low walk rate. Don't know about you, but I prefer this to that of Washington's very high walk rate, yet alarmingly high strike out total coupled with few extra base hits. I'm not a Washington hater, but I prefer the guys that can drive the ball and make, at least, fair contact.

Another thing to consider on Rodriguez; has this guy played competitive baseball in the last year or two? His story is strange and I don't exactly know what he was doing last year at this time, but to jump all the way to full season, professional ball and handle the bat the way he has...it's impressive.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 pm

Mike freaking Rayl. 'Nuff said!
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:49 am

A.Zajac wrote:Mike freaking Rayl. 'Nuff said!

I have to think he had a few not-so-pleasant words with Mahalic post-game.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Rayl is a guy who has really jumped this year. I recall the org telling me last year how they were really excited about him....and he had a solid season at MV but I didn't see it. I see it now. Not an overpowering lefty, but knows how to pitch. Will be interesting to see what he does pitching in Kinston, which I think will happen soon.

As for Jesus Aguilar, this guy is a legit prospect. Power is real, the discipline is the issue (as with all Latin players is seems). I have been impressed with his play at first base and the Indians really like his athleticism there for his size and believe he will be at worst an average to above average defender there. He is gonna jump HUGE in the prospect lists next year if he keeps up what he is doing at the plate.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 am

LHPs Kirk Wetmore & Kyle Petter promoted to Low-A Lake County. RHP Nate Striz reassigned to SA Mahoning Valley. RHP Kyle Blair to extended.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby indianinkslinger » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:39 am

Got some tape on Stowell from today. Very good progress in his rehab IMO. I would expect him to arrive in Akron on this eventual return to Columbus after the EL all star game along with Bryson. The pitching should be more formidable even with some RPs likely to move to Columbus.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby Rocky55 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:22 am

indianinkslinger wrote:Got some tape on Stowell from today. Very good progress in his rehab IMO. I would expect him to arrive in Akron on this eventual return to Columbus after the EL all star game along with Bryson. The pitching should be more formidable even with some RPs likely to move to Columbus.

Not sure about Stowell but if Bryson stays healthy we might have Chris Perez' replacement in house when Perez moves on. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in MLB next year.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Aren't both (Stowell / Bryson) up for roster protection this offseason? I believe so, personally won't be surprised if we see an arm we'd like to keep maybe a Josh Judy, Kelvin DLC or Austin Adams type dealt soon for a Francouer or Kubel. Prefereably Francouer who offers better arm and having the better season so far.

Stowell, Lee, Putnam and Bryson could / should all get a taste of the bigs next yr. Going to be interesting in seeing how the tribe manages all this depth. At some point I'm sure we will see the tribe make a move (similar to Giles for Rincon during 90s) to fill in the needs on this team this yr and probably this offseason as well. Can't really see them keeping all the guys that will require protection soon...just part of having a deep system is the "fat" has to be trimmed off.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby elrod enchilada » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Let's hope the Tribe management doesn't blow these deals out their butt the way they did in the late 90s. I still cringe at the thought of what we got for Giles, Casey, Sexton, David Bell. et al.
elrod enchilada
Draft Prospect

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:24 am

Honestly still haven't figured out why they traded all those guys (esp. Richie Sexson). Id prefer to see them swing a David Huff and Corey Kluber for Jeff Francouer. That wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, but doubt the Royals would be takers. Honestly I'd trade Mitch Talbot straight up for Francouer if they'd do it. The Royals have a deep system and wouldn't want castoffs like Huff and Kluber.

I know alot of people arent high an Kluber and really neither am I but I do believe with a mid 90's FB and decent slider he could at least be a bullpen option for a team not stacked as the Tribe is. Honestly believe thats where he'd be pitching from if not for the depth of the system already present.

The Tribe really lacks that LF of the future and thats where I personally believe they should go in search of acq. talent. I know they will give Juan Rivera a look, possibly Francouer, Kubel, Ludwick, and Melky Cabrera as well. Francouer would be relatively cheap (2.5 mil w/ mutual option in 12), is a RH bat, has good pop and a strong arm and is only 27, having a good season and the Tribe did give him a look in the offseason.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby Tondo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:33 am

Francouer also has a .660ish OPS since May 1st...he's a platoon bat only. He would take over Kearn's or Duncan's spot...that's it...he's not an every day player....but yeah sure for a Kluber or Huff...why not..don't expect much more than Duncan though...pretty meh upgrade
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Francouer would provide a cheap replacement, RH bat power and strong outfield arm. Would be nice LF arm. Not saying he's the best but an adequate potential replacement for Choo short term, and potential LF for remainder of yr and potentially next if acq.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby entertheshoe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Boy, is Urshela hot and cold or what? He's either locked in or locked out.

April: 291/323/430 (not sure of the numbers, but he started the season smokin')
May: 170/203/241
June: 215/241/342
and now in July he's batting 400 so far

Let's hope he can finally stay hot!
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby OhioBaseball » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Ronny Rodriguez has been making a ton of outs this year (OBP is terrible), but his BABIP is abnormally low at .215 going into yesterday's game (FanGraphs). Considering he's got a lot of extra base hits, it's fair to say he's probably been a tad "unlucky" as far as hitting balls right at guys. I'm not one of these flavor of the week stat people, but when you see stats that are couple standard dev's from the mean something is going on. His BABIP is probably lower than usual b/c he swings at way too many pitches, but this guy's average should probably be quite a bit higher. This guy is a player. Very nice addition to the system.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:45 pm

I heard something on the LC radio broadcast tonight (7/5) about Argenis Martinez going up to the K-Tribe because of an injury in Kinston, but can't find any official word. Anyone know anything else?
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:12 am

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:I heard something on the LC radio broadcast tonight (7/5) about Argenis Martinez going up to the K-Tribe because of an injury in Kinston, but can't find any official word. Anyone know anything else?

Cannon was promoted from Kinston to Akron on Tuesday, so probably to replace him.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:15 am

TonyIPI wrote:
Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:I heard something on the LC radio broadcast tonight (7/5) about Argenis Martinez going up to the K-Tribe because of an injury in Kinston, but can't find any official word. Anyone know anything else?

Cannon was promoted from Kinston to Akron on Tuesday, so probably to replace him.

Thanks! That''s what I figured, but I was worried I had missed a K-Tribe injury.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby TitoFrancona » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:58 pm

TonyIPI wrote:

Certainly doesn't look like a deserved promotion so I assume it was on a needed basis. Kind of points to the direction that they're not all that high on Cannon. They don't usually force feed their better prospects.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:
TonyIPI wrote:

Certainly doesn't look like a deserved promotion so I assume it was on a needed basis. Kind of points to the direction that they're not all that high on Cannon. They don't usually force feed their better prospects.

Might be the only guy they feel can play defense at that level
Lloyd Christmas
Draft Prospect

Postby daingean » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Lloyd Christmas wrote:
TitoFrancona wrote:
TonyIPI wrote:

Might be the only guy they feel can play defense at that level

It might be that whoever was promoted was going to be a reserve infielder and they want the other infielders to play everyday. Or maybe they just feel he needs to be challenged.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby elrod enchilada » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Cannon seems like pure roster filler for the system. He is about to turn 24 and is struggling in high A. Even when drafted it seems like he was a super long shot, and his odds are much lower now. It was a strange draft pick, but maybe the 2010 draft wasn't very good so the alternatives were not that great. Right now the tribe 2010 draft is not looking all that great after the third round. Blair, Cook, Bartolone, Jordan Cooper, Cannon...yikes!
elrod enchilada
Draft Prospect

Postby BrianM » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am

From Jim Callis' BA chat:

Brian (Ohio): What do you think about Lake County's Jesus Aguilar? There are a lot of interesting prospects on that team, but he seems to be the brightest of the bunch.

Jim Callis: Just started working on our Midwest League Best Tools list, and Aguilar got a vote today from a manager as the best power prospect in the league. He's an all-bat guy who will have to cut down on the strikeouts as he advances, but the power is intriguing.

I wonder if he got that vote over Bryce Harper?!

Also surprised he referred to him as an all-bat guy considering Tony projects him of being capable of having above average defense at first base.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:01 pm

BrianM wrote:From Jim Callis' BA chat:

Brian (Ohio): What do you think about Lake County's Jesus Aguilar? There are a lot of interesting prospects on that team, but he seems to be the brightest of the bunch.

Jim Callis: Just started working on our Midwest League Best Tools list, and Aguilar got a vote today from a manager as the best power prospect in the league. He's an all-bat guy who will have to cut down on the strikeouts as he advances, but the power is intriguing.

I wonder if he got that vote over Bryce Harper?!

Also surprised he referred to him as an all-bat guy considering Tony projects him of being capable of having above average defense at first base.

Unless you're projected to be a Gold Glove caliber 1B, scouts usually will ignore your defense as a skill. Lots of guys are capable of being an above average 1B, but that's not saying a ton.

I would be with you on Harper...gotta imagine they gave it to Aguilar because Harper got promoted....or that is one heck of a recognition for Aguilar (still is either way though). :drinks:
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Two more HRs for Aguilar so far tonight - that gives him 18 on the year.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby osueddy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 am

From our minor league roundtable at the beginning of the season.

http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/2 ... g-day.html

It was interesting to look at to see how our predictions have been so far. I also just wanted to note my call on Jesus Aguilar; that makes up for the other many things I was wrong about. I only had him with 15-20 HR and 80 RBI, so I might need to readjust.
osueddy
Draft Prospect

Postby danh8 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:46 am

osueddy wrote:From our minor league roundtable at the beginning of the season.

http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/2 ... g-day.html

It was interesting to look at to see how our predictions have been so far. I also just wanted to note my call on Jesus Aguilar; that makes up for the other many things I was wrong about. I only had him with 15-20 HR and 80 RBI, so I might need to readjust.

Interesting to go back and see what many thought, and where things have gone from there with many of them. Jesus Aguilar is really having a break out campaign this season, one that is tough to not get excited about. RH power bats are really a commodity needed in this organization, and it's easy to tell that when you go to games, that our scouts and development people have all the RH bats with potential "red flagged" ... I've been able to talk to these guys and it's very obvious.
danh8
Rookie Baller

Postby BrianM » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:52 pm

hmmmm with all these prospect lists coming out and all of this talk about our preseason predictions, it may be a good time to start a 2nd half prediction thread if anyone would be interested. I would do it myself, but considering i rarely post Im probably better off leaving it to one of the more active members.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby OhioBaseball » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Ronny Rodriguez with a walk tonight ! (as a side note, he's also 3-4 w/ a triple)

I gotta be honest, and I've never seen him play the infield, but I'm excited about this guy. This guy can swing a baseball bat. He shows some pretty slick bat speed in the video w/ him in the Cubs gear. (still think his story is quite odd!)
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby criznit2009 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 pm

OhioBaseball wrote:Ronny Rodriguez with a walk tonight ! (as a side note, he's also 3-4 w/ a triple)

I gotta be honest, and I've never seen him play the infield, but I'm excited about this guy. This guy can swing a baseball bat. He shows some pretty slick bat speed in the video w/ him in the Cubs gear. (still think his story is quite odd!)

There are quite a few bats in Lake County this year that could play big next season. Aguliar, Ronny, Washington, Moncrief, Monsalve all look like they have the tools to make a run for it. Next years High A team should be pretty solid.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:45 am

Lake County shouldn't be short of talent next yr either. Tony Wolters, Bryson Myles, Jordan Smith, Alex Lavisky and Jake Lowery should all make stops passing through the minors.

There is a gap in talent however that is AA ready... Pitching wise however the depth of the system is arms, there is no short supply and likely more to come.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

PreviousNext

Return to Indians Prospect Talk