RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

2011 Amateur Draft

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: 2011 Amateur Draft

Postby Falcons115 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:28 pm

JP_Frost wrote:
Falcons115 wrote:hear a lot of Bradley to O's, hopefully its just smoke, and if Rendon is there for them can they really pass him up? im just hoping Archie is there when the Tribe pick and its him, he's the guy i really want.

That probably means Bundy would fall. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

nope, hearing Bundy to D'Backs at 3, which would really mess up the whole draft
Falcons115
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Falcons115 wrote:
JP_Frost wrote:
Falcons115 wrote:hear a lot of Bradley to O's, hopefully its just smoke, and if Rendon is there for them can they really pass him up? im just hoping Archie is there when the Tribe pick and its him, he's the guy i really want.

Bauer is a lock at 3.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Tondo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Lindor is pretty much the only guy that would make me :bad: if picked...J.Bradley is close though...Gray, Meyer and Starling would be "meh"/rather not type picks...depending on who as availabe the "meh/ok" category includes Springer, Bell, Baez and Guerreri

I want 1 of Hultzen, Bauer, Barnes, A.Bradley or Jungmann...really don't get your problem with dominant College pitchers like Barnes and Jungmann...if A.Bradley goes College he will be hard pressed to produce better than Jungmann did...the stuff is there with both, Jungmann though is still perceived as lower ceiling? I don't get it
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby Rocky55 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:33 pm

JP_Frost wrote:

+1

IMO, Bundy's the best SP spec in the draft.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Falcons115 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
Falcons115 wrote:
JP_Frost wrote:

Bauer is a lock at 3.

yeah sorry my bad, read it wrong so many "experts" sometimes all the talk gets a little long, it would be much better if the draft was just right now so i didnt have to listen to some of these half truths, and just got to watch it
Falcons115
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 pm

One thing I will say is be careful of the talk between now and 7 tonight. A lot of it will not be true. Take last year as the prime example. This time last year, we were reportedly not drafting Pomeranz. Guess what happened? So take your info with a grain of salt.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:38 pm

JP_Frost wrote:

Possible, but the Royals and Nats would be hardpressed to pass on Bundy still.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Rocky55 wrote:
JP_Frost wrote:

+1

IMO, Bundy's the best SP spec in the draft.

Bundy is the best HS arm, no doubt. Best pitcher goes to Cole, bar none.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Tondo wrote:Lindor is pretty much the only guy that would make me :bad: if picked...J.Bradley is close though...Gray, Meyer and Starling would be "meh"/rather not type picks...depending on who as availabe the "meh/ok" category includes Springer, Bell, Baez and Guerreri

I want 1 of Hultzen, Bauer, Barnes, A.Bradley or Jungmann...really don't get your problem with dominant College pitchers like Barnes and Jungmann...if A.Bradley goes College he will be hard pressed to produce better than Jungmann did...the stuff is there with both, Jungmann though is still perceived as lower ceiling? I don't get it

I probably will puke too if Lindor is the pick as I'll have done a lil too much :drinks: after celebrating such an amazing pick
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Hermie13 wrote:
Tondo wrote:Lindor is pretty much the only guy that would make me :bad: if picked...J.Bradley is close though...Gray, Meyer and Starling would be "meh"/rather not type picks...depending on who as availabe the "meh/ok" category includes Springer, Bell, Baez and Guerreri

I probably will puke too if Lindor is the pick as I'll have done a lil too much :drinks: after celebrating such an amazing pick

+1
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:54 pm

UPDATE: Will Lingo (BA)

1. Pittsburgh Pirates
Jonathan Mayo: Gerrit Cole
Keith Law: Gerrit Cole
Will Lingo: Gerrit Cole

2. Seattle Mariners
Jonathan Mayo: Anthony Rendon
Keith Law: Anthony Rendon
Will Lingo: Anthony Rendon

3. Arizona Diamondbacks
Jonathan Mayo: Trevor Bauer
Keith Law: Trevor Bauer
Will Lingo: Trevor Bauer

4. Baltimore Orioles
Jonathan Mayo: Danny Hultzen
Keith Law: Archie Bradley
Will Lingo: Archie Bradley

5. Kansas City Royals
Jonathan Mayo: Bubba Starling
Keith Law: Dylan Bundy
Will Lingo: Dylan Bundy

6. Washington Nationals
Jonathan Mayo: Dylan Bundy
Keith Law: Bubba Starling
Will Lingo: Danny Hultzen

7. Arizona Diamondbacks
Jonathan Mayo: Matt Barnes
Keith Law: Danny Hultzen
Will Lingo: Matt Barnes

8. Cleveland Indians
Jonathan Mayo: Archie Bradley
Keith Law: Jed Bradley
Will Lingo: Jed Bradley
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Interesting to note Lingo has Starling going nine to the Cubs. I find that far fetched!
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:58 pm

UPDATE: Jim Callis

1. Pittsburgh Pirates
Jim Callis: Gerrit Cole

2. Seattle Mariners
Jim Callis: Anthony Rendon

3. Arizona Diamondbacks
Jim Callis: Trevor Bauer

4. Baltimore Orioles
Jim Callis: Archie Bradley

5. Kansas City Royals
Jim Callis: Dylan Bundy

6. Washington Nationals
Jim Callis: Dannu Hultzen

7. Arizona Diamondbacks
Jim Callis: Matt Barnes

8. Cleveland Indians
Jim Callis: Jed Bradley
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Lingo and Callis both have Starling at 9 to the Cubs.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 pm

A.Zajac wrote:UPDATE: Jim Callis

1. Pittsburgh Pirates

2. Seattle Mariners

3. Arizona Diamondbacks

4. Baltimore Orioles

5. Kansas City Royals

6. Washington Nationals
Jim Callis: Dannu Hultzen

7. Arizona Diamondbacks

8. Cleveland Indians

God I hope we don't go Jed.....

Hultzen 7th to the D'backs seems like a stretch. Unprotected pick, and really the only thing that shoudl cause Hultzen to be there is bonus demands.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby TribeTalk01 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:01 pm

8. INDIANS: Cleveland might suddenly be faced with a decision on whether to take Starling, who is a better prospect than fellow two-sport star Donavan Tate, who got $6.25 million as the No. 3 overall pick in 2009. The Indians haven't taken a high school first-rounder since 2001. Grabbing Archie Bradley would be an easier call, and if he's gone they may go with a college arm such as Georgia Tech lefthander Jed Bradley, Texas righty Taylor Jungmann or Gray.
Projected Pick: Jed Bradley.

Starling over college arm everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Come on Bud do the right thing!
TribeTalk01
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby entertheshoe » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Not really a huge draft guy until right at the last second, but out of those guys (Law, Mayo, Wingo, Callis) who is generally the most "in the loop" and whose opinion should I probably disregard?
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:06 pm

TribeTalk01 wrote:8. INDIANS: Cleveland might suddenly be faced with a decision on whether to take Starling, who is a better prospect than fellow two-sport star Donavan Tate, who got $6.25 million as the No. 3 overall pick in 2009. The Indians haven't taken a high school first-rounder since 2001. Grabbing Archie Bradley would be an easier call, and if he's gone they may go with a college arm such as Georgia Tech lefthander Jed Bradley, Texas righty Taylor Jungmann or Gray.
Projected Pick: Jed Bradley.

Starling over college arm everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Come on Bud do the right thing!

Who is this from?
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby daingean » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:09 pm

entertheshoe wrote:Not really a huge draft guy until right at the last second, but out of those guys (Law, Mayo, Wingo, Callis) who is generally the most "in the loop" and whose opinion should I probably disregard?

The draft is like the NFL draft in that teams put out smoke screens to hide who they want. My guess is that Callis may be more in the loop but all they get is what the prospect/agent is telling them. We had a player (from my son's HS) drafted last year, he kept hearing "No later than 5th round" but was picked in the 19th round (supposedly because of the $ he was asking for). He's at a major university now sporting an 8-1 record. So even the players hear things but until your name is called....it's wait and see.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:18 pm

UPDATE: Kevin Goldstein

1. Pittsburgh Pirates
Kevin Goldstein: Gerrit Cole

2. Seattle Mariners
Kevin Goldstein: Anthony Rendon

3. Arizona Diamondbacks
Kevin Goldstein: Trevor Bauer

4. Baltimore Orioles
Kevin Goldstein: Danny Hultzen

5. Kansas City Royals
Kevin Goldstein: Dylan Bundy

6. Washington Nationals
Jim Callis: Danny Hultzen
Kevin Goldstein: Bubba Starling

7. Arizona Diamondbacks
Kevin Goldstein: Francisco Lindor

8. Cleveland Indians
Kevin Goldstein: Archie Bradley
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Tondo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:27 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

+1

Oh I get it now...Lindor is 17 and has "higher ceiling", like LeVon, Lavisky and Wolters last draft...then, when they struggle, it's "expected" since they ARE in fact younger...take LeVon, age wise he's a College Sophomore now...so, he has to produce next year to be at the same level of a JR College bat drafted in 2012....that "high ceiling" cushion is fading fast isn't it? If he keeps up his .600something OPS this season, he'll open at LC again next season and better be better than the Gallas' of this world as he'll only be 1-2year younger than them

So Lindor is the last flavor of the moment...we'd draft a guy in the top 10, who we EXPECT to produce AVG low-A stats in 2 years? Great plan...just about everyone would expect a Top 10 JR College bat to destroy low-A from the moment he gets on the field, right? but It's ok to wait 2 years on the HS guys? I'm baffled...what did we gain? 1 year at best? on the expense of much more risk

Some high ceiling wet dreams from within I wanted you to remember in case you forgot about them: Conroy, Whitney, Micah Schilling, Pacheco, Valdes, Drennen, Alcombrack, Greenwell, D.Cid, A.Abreu, C.Rivero

Now THAT'S a high ceiling group isn't it? Closest HS bat that came close in the last 10 (!!) years is Weglarz...and he's 23 now too and Tony has the "a huge season for him"-tag on him already...go figure

But yeah, let's draft Lindor in an epic rich draft of sure shots :reallyshocked: After all, he has "high ceiling"...for me that is synonymic to "hasn't proven sht anywhere" yet. For me it's all about probabalities...and drafting a HS bet because of "high ceiling" (in reality we don't know his ceiling nor his floor, so yeah sky's the limit, lol) is like taking a 33% chance at 150k instead of a 66% at 100k
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:29 pm

daingean wrote:
entertheshoe wrote:Not really a huge draft guy until right at the last second, but out of those guys (Law, Mayo, Wingo, Callis) who is generally the most "in the loop" and whose opinion should I probably disregard?

The draft is like the NFL draft in that teams put out smoke screens to hide who they want. My guess is that Callis may be more in the loop but all they get is what the prospect/agent is telling them. We had a player (from my son's HS) drafted last year, he kept hearing "No later than 5th round" but was picked in the 19th round (supposedly because of the $ he was asking for). He's at a major university now sporting an 8-1 record. So even the players hear things but until your name is called....it's wait and see.

Callis was 4/10 in his final mock before the draft last year. Golstein was 5/10. Mayo was 5/10. I don't recall Wingo's. Keith Law was also 5/10.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Tondo wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

+1

Oh I get it now...Lindor is 17 and has "higher ceiling", like LeVon, Lavisky and Wolters last draft...then, when they struggle, it's "expected" since they ARE in fact younger...take LeVon, age wise he's a College Sophomore now...so, he has to produce next year to be at the same level of a JR College bat drafted in 2012....that "high ceiling" cushion is fading fast isn't it? If he keeps up his .600something OPS this season, he'll open at LC again next season and better be better than the Gallas' of this world as he'll only be 1-2year younger than them

So Lindor is the last flavor of the moment...we'd draft a guy in the top 10, who we EXPECT to produce AVG low-A stats in 2 years? Great plan...just about everyone would expect a Top 10 JR College bat to destroy low-A from the moment he gets on the field, right? but It's ok to wait 2 years on the HS guys? I'm baffled...what did we gain? 1 year at best? on the expense of much more risk

Some high ceiling wet dreams from within I wanted you to remember in case you forgot about them: Conroy, Whitney, Micah Schilling, Pacheco, Valdes, Drennen, Alcombrack, Greenwell, D.Cid, A.Abreu, C.Rivero

Now THAT'S a high ceiling group isn't it? Closest HS bat that came close in the last 10 (!!) years is Weglarz...and he's 23 now too and Tony has the "a huge season for him"-tag on him already...go figure

But yeah, let's draft Lindor in an epic rich draft of sure shots :reallyshocked: After all, he has "high ceiling"...for me that is synonymic to "hasn't proven sht anywhere" yet. For me it's all about probabalities...and drafting a HS bet because of "high ceiling" (in reality we don't know his ceiling nor his floor, so yeah sky's the limit, lol) is like taking a 33% chance at 150k instead of a 66% at 100k

Is this a joke? Seriously? You're going to sit there and bash LeVon Washington after he's coming off of injury AND has less than 100 professional at-bats!? Get the hell out of here with that crap.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby OhioBaseball » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:35 pm

One thing to consider is that if one of these college arms is taken by the Indians rather than taking starling is that theyll save $3 to $4 million on their first pick. If such is the case, there WILL be guys that fall due to bonus demands. That saved money could easily be invested in other early round talents. I know you've all read your scouting reports on starling and he sounds high upside, but just bc he's a great athlete does not mean he can hit and I guarantee 1st round caliber talents will be available later in the draft. I want Archie, but would not be too disappointed with one of the relatively lackluster college arms if the Indians got aggressive with later rounds. Definitely interesting guys will be available later on.

Also, I'm w/ rocky on mahtook. Would prefer him over sonny gray or Jed Bradley.
Last edited by OhioBaseball on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby Falcons115 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Tondo wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

+1

whats the point in bashing the Washington pick? we drafted him in the 2nd round a year after the Rays took him in the first and he's had injuries, same with Wolters, so bash the FO if you want, but i would love having Lindor, over guys like Jed Bradley, and Sonny Gray
Falcons115
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby entertheshoe » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Tondo wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

+1

I really don't find this argument to be convincing. Tribe has played it safe in the 1st round for the past 10 years and only recently (Chiz, Pomeranz, White) has it actually payed off. Michael Aubrey, Jeremy Sowers, David Huff, Trevor Crowe, and Beau Mills were all college players weren't they? I don't see college players as being any more bust proof than high schoolers, either can bust equally.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby Tondo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:46 pm

A.Zajac wrote:Is this a joke? Seriously? You're going to sit there and bash LeVon Washington after he's coming off of injury AND has less than 100 professional at-bats!? Get the hell out of here with that crap.

Cool down...you already use your "you disagree? get outta here"-strawman? Really? That early? :s_tongue
I didn't like the Washington pick and hope I'm wrong and look for the Minor's box scores daily...just like you do....I want them to succeed...the injuries were well known, his "inconsistencies" because of attitude too...I didn't like the "package" of those in the 2nd and right now he's still eitehr hampered by injury or "inconsistent"...LeVon was just a example though

Of course, you could have opted to respond to the points I made, but I guess you lost interest in that...just why?

HS bats have always been the biggest risks in the 1st and combine that fact with 2 other important facts: Indians being a small market team relying on solid drafts and this draft being historically good/deep and I just come to the conclusion that it would be the dumbest thing in the world to draft a HS bat...but that's just me, I can agree to disagree and move on...and if Grant in fact picks a HS bat I will root for him to become an impact player for the Tribe...you can count on it.

That said, let's draft A.Bradley and we'd be all happy :drinks:
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby Tondo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:50 pm

entertheshoe wrote:I really don't find this argument to be convincing. Tribe has played it safe in the 1st round for the past 10 years and only recently (Chiz, Pomeranz, White) has it actually payed off. Michael Aubrey, Jeremy Sowers, David Huff, Trevor Crowe, and Beau Mills were all college players weren't they? I don't see college players as being any more bust proof than high schoolers, either can bust equally.

I was on board with Aburey and Sowers at the time...Mills I didn't like

Sure, it's not 100% eitehr way...as I said it's all about probabalities with me

So where's HS equivalent list to Chiz, Pomeranz, White, Phelps etc again? Weglarz? Haley? Denham? etc etc
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Tondo wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:Is this a joke? Seriously? You're going to sit there and bash LeVon Washington after he's coming off of injury AND has less than 100 professional at-bats!? Get the hell out of here with that crap.

Cool down...you already use your "you disagree? get outta here"-strawman? Really? That early? :s_tongue
I didn't like the Washington pick and hope I'm wrong and look for the Minor's box scores daily...just like you do....I want them to succeed...the injuries were well known, his "inconsistencies" because of attitude too...I didn't like the "package" of those in the 2nd and right now he's still eitehr hampered by injury or "inconsistent"...LeVon was just a example though

Of course, you could have opted to respond to the points I made, but I guess you lost interest in that...just why?

HS bats have always been the biggest risks in the 1st and combine that fact with 2 other important facts: Indians being a small market team relying on solid drafts and this draft being historically good/deep and I just come to the conclusion that it would be the dumbest thing in the world to draft a HS bat...but that's just me, I can agree to disagree and move on...and if Grant in fact picks a HS bat I will root for him to become an impact player for the Tribe...you can count on it.

That said, let's draft A.Bradley and we'd be all happy :drinks:

On draft day last year, I didn't support the pick of Washington. That being said, though, you have to give the kid more time. College kids can be just as much of a bust as high school kids.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Tondo wrote:
entertheshoe wrote:I really don't find this argument to be convincing. Tribe has played it safe in the 1st round for the past 10 years and only recently (Chiz, Pomeranz, White) has it actually payed off. Michael Aubrey, Jeremy Sowers, David Huff, Trevor Crowe, and Beau Mills were all college players weren't they? I don't see college players as being any more bust proof than high schoolers, either can bust equally.

So where's HS equivalent list to Chiz, Pomeranz, White, Phelps etc again? Weglarz? Haley? Denham? etc etc

Maybe not with the Indians, but notable prospects coming from high school:
Bryce Harper (I don't count that JUCO crap)
Mike Trout
Manny Machado
Jameson Taillon

Just to name a few.. so sure, the Indians have went safe. But other teams have gambled and got it right.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby criznit2009 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the last HS pitcher we took in the 1st round named C.C Something?
I have no problem with the tribe taking a HS kid with this pick - especially with how "deep' the draft is supposed to be. There will be high quality pitching prospects to be had later on but - bats are thin and starling and lindor - have the upside you look for when you draft a bat that high. If the tribe pass on Starling I will be 100% pissed.

Interesting point about drafting a college arm over a HS guy - all the money savings. Will be interesting to see how much the indians spend on the draft this year... Though I know budgets are separate - if they play it safe this year, it might be an indication of what they expect "payroll" to be next season..
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby BrianM » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Keith Law chatting now on espn.com

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38776
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby ClevBuck » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:06 pm

A top 5 team has called OU OC Josh Heupel and said try are strongly considering A. Bradlry
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Postby daingean » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Tondo wrote:

For the record Chiz, Pom, White and Phelps have not made it in the MLB either. We could go on and on. Is Chiz any more highly rated now than Aubrey was at the same age? White than Sowers (remember after Sowers' first MLB stint many expected him to be a solid SP. Pom than A. Miller? I do am hopeful for star players in each of these guys.

I also remember Chiz being a risky pick because of his background.

I think the Braves do a great job of drafting and they often go HSers. They have also had their fair share of busts (in fact they just released Duval a pitcher they took in the first round 2008.

Also some of our better draft picks were HSers (Manny, CC, Jaret Wright). Yes it's risky but the upside is great. Now I am for BPA no matter what position or what level (HS or College).

I'm big on HS now and the East Cobb Program because my step-son plays both. I understand it. I understand how important Summer Ball is to the evaluation process.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby BrianM » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:16 pm

From the chat...

Brian (Ohio)

What are the chances the Indians reach for a HS pitcher at 8 if A. Bradley and Bundy are off the board?

Klaw (2:09 PM)

I keep hearing most likely college arm.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Andrew Z. (Struthers, OH)

You say that the Indians are likely to select a collegiate pitcher at 8. That being said, of the players who will be available, who has the highest upside?

Klaw (2:18 PM)

Upside? Meyer. Not hearing him with Cleveland though.

That squashes the Meyer thought..
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Just because Keith Law hasn't heard.. doesn't make the possibility go to zero... <shrugs>
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:23 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:Just because Keith Law hasn't heard.. doesn't make the possibility go to zero... <shrugs>

Have you heard Meyer at all? I haven't. Not from Law, Goldstein, Callis, Mayo... anyone. So pretty sure we're not connected to Meyer.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:26 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:Just because Keith Law hasn't heard.. doesn't make the possibility go to zero... <shrugs>

Have you heard Meyer at all? I haven't. Not from Law, Goldstein, Callis, Mayo... anyone. So pretty sure we're not connected to Meyer.
I'm pretty sure the Indians have a recent history of taking college arms.. and it's been stated by Law, Goldstein, Callis Mayo et al. the Indians will go with a college arm at # 8.. so.. he qualifies....
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:27 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

I'm pretty sure the Indians have a recent history of taking college arms.. and it's been stated by Law, Goldstein, Callis Mayo et al. the Indians will go with a college arm at # 8.. so.. he qualifies....

Yeah, and all of those guys connect us to players like Jed Bradley, Taylor Jungmann, and Sonny Gray. No mention of Meyer.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:30 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

Yeah, and all of those guys connect us to players like Jed Bradley, Taylor Jungmann, and Sonny Gray. No mention of Meyer.
Yet Meyer is a college arm.. exactly the type of player the Indians are said to be interested in.. These "national pundits" get locked into a spot and, unless they get inside information (an scarce commodity), they stick with their original opinion.. Key Word: Opinion..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Andrew Z. (Struthers, OH)

Your take on Jed Bradley's potential/future ceiling?

Klaw (2:57 PM)

If you can find him a breaking ball - try a true CB, or even a cutter - there's a #2 starter in there. But the risk is right now he's basically FB-CH.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby jellis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Guerriri I think think could be a wild card as he will be there and won't cost a ton
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:04 pm

A.Zajac wrote:Andrew Z. (Struthers, OH)

If you can find him a breaking ball - try a true CB, or even a cutter - there's a #2 starter in there. But the risk is right now he's basically FB-CH.

Two pitch pitchers=bullpen.

At #8, overall.. not an impact player...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby jellis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:05 pm

also feel like bradley will be gone now, things are going to get interesting, I think we should all hope lindor goes 2, because that should really mess up the draft in our favor
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:05 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:

I agree, I've been saying for a while now I don't want him. Was curious to see what he felt.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby jellis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:06 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:

He has a ton of impact potential, as he has never put it together. He throws super hard for a lefty and I see a lot of potential in that arm if he can ever get himself together
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 pm

jellis wrote:also feel like bradley will be gone now, things are going to get interesting, I think we should all hope lindor goes 2, because that should really mess up the draft in our favor

In our favor? Ehh. I'd prefer Lindor. If both are gone, I go with Barnes.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby jellis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
jellis wrote:also feel like bradley will be gone now, things are going to get interesting, I think we should all hope lindor goes 2, because that should really mess up the draft in our favor

In our favor? Ehh. I'd prefer Lindor. If both are gone, I go with Barnes.

If Lindor goes 2 Starling or Bundy falls thats why its in favor to me
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby ClevBuck » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:16 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:

So Drew Pomeranz=Bullpen? I mean that's what you just said.
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

PreviousNext

Return to Indians Prospect Talk