RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Plug for Tony's Book

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Plug for Tony's Book

Postby Bearcatbob » Sun May 15, 2011 11:27 am

I bought Tony's prospect book last week. I find myself looking at the book at the same time I look at the performances of the players in the minor leagues.

For those of you who follow the minor league teams I recommend it as a good investment.

Bob

PS: Yes I paid for it!
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Re: Plug for Tony's Book

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Sun May 15, 2011 11:38 am

Can someone tell me if they're selling it at Canal Park? I know it's available at some of the parks, but forgot to check there. The past 2-3 years I've ordered it as soon as it was available, but for some reason I'd put it off this spring and was going to pick it up at the park instead. However, I'm just going to order it if the alternative is waiting until I get to Lake County or Columbus.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Sun May 15, 2011 11:51 am

Pork Chop Pough wrote:Can someone tell me if they're selling it at Canal Park? I know it's available at some of the parks, but forgot to check there. The past 2-3 years I've ordered it as soon as it was available, but for some reason I'd put it off this spring and was going to pick it up at the park instead. However, I'm just going to order it if the alternative is waiting until I get to Lake County or Columbus.

Akron has the book, IIRC. Columbus, for reasons unknown, is the only affiliate not to carry it.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:14 pm

I did see the book at Lake County when I went there May 5th.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Mon May 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Pork Chop Pough wrote:Can someone tell me if they're selling it at Canal Park? I know it's available at some of the parks, but forgot to check there. The past 2-3 years I've ordered it as soon as it was available, but for some reason I'd put it off this spring and was going to pick it up at the park instead. However, I'm just going to order it if the alternative is waiting until I get to Lake County or Columbus.

Book is not at Canal Park or Columbus this year. Can't explain much why it is not in order not to hurt discussions for future possibilities there. But if anyone wants to call the team shops there asking for it or when visiting the team shop ask for it, be my guest. :diablo:

Anyway, thanks for the plug Bob.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Bearcatbob » Mon May 16, 2011 6:29 pm

I created a spread sheet with each of the top 100. I will track them through the year. When I check a box score and see a performance I can go to my spread sheet to see where they are on the list - and then to the index of the book to check out their write up.

Bob
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Mon May 16, 2011 7:58 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Book is not at Canal Park or Columbus this year. Can't explain much why it is not in order not to hurt discussions for future possibilities there. But if anyone wants to call the team shops there asking for it or when visiting the team shop ask for it, be my guest. :diablo:

Anyway, thanks for the plug Bob.

Thanks Tony. In that case, I'll be ordering it tomorrow... always well worth it.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Return to Indians Prospect Talk