RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

2012 MLB Draft talk

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

2012 MLB Draft talk

Postby ClevBuck » Fri May 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Since tony always shutsdown my threads on individual prospects I figured I would start this thread to mention this kid

6'9 260 Taylore Cherry #3 HS pitcher in the nation and the #6 overallHS prospect in the nation. Very very good command/control and poise verbaled to UNC last year he was that good to get an offer. Throws a heavy sinking fastball at 92-95 range, a running (not 2 seam) or cut fastball at around 89-92 a 83 change and 80 knuckle curve.

Saw him pitch his last start and wow, long delivery but the kid is very talented and knows how to pitch and UNC coaches are convinced he hasn't even sniffed his potential

Just thought I would mention a very interesting HS prospect from Ohio
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Re: 2012 MLB Draft talk

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Fri May 13, 2011 9:59 pm

6'9"? UNC to play basketball? Are there any other top prospects from Ohio eligible for '12 draft?
Lloyd Christmas
Draft Prospect

Postby ClevBuck » Sat May 14, 2011 12:37 am

There's Mathew Amoral a 6'8 225 LHP from Solon, #24 HS player in the country also verbaled to UNC. There's a pitcher Linder the #3 pitcher in Ohio going to Ohio St or Kent St but has some SEC offers. Then there's an Athlete its hard to classify his possition (and spell his last name) first name Jacob who is verbaled to Ohio St he is a great middle infielder but at 6'6 and runs a 6.8 60 he also hit 94 on the radar gun he may be a CF.
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Postby GeronimoSon » Sun May 15, 2011 9:56 am

...Since tony always shutsdown my threads on individual prospects I figured I would start this thread to mention this kid...
Well.. don't be so obstinate & your threads won't get shut down..

Regarding this thread.. it appears that you are defining Prep Players.. as opposed to college players that may be willing to forego two or three years of poverty to chase their dreams of becoming professional baseball players.. sounds like a reasonable thread whose title may be overly broad.. perhaps re-title it: 2012 MLB Draft Talk: Prepsters...? IDK.. it's your thread.
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:02 am

ClevBuck where did you get the national rankings for those players? Can you link to the site, thanks
Lloyd Christmas
Draft Prospect

Postby ClevBuck » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:46 am

From the sounds of it, in the prep class anyway, this us a very weak draft. Lance McCullers Jr is the top prep player and pitcher and one MLB scout said he doesn't think he would have gone top 20 in either of the last 2 drafts, yet he's projected to gi top 3 in next years draft
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Postby OhioBaseball » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am

McCullers is good. He is a guy that is already pretty well physically developed. Believe his dad played in the bigs. McCullers will probably be a pitcher, but he'd have a shot at being a first rounder as a positional talent at 3b. Addison Russell is also a big name.

I don't think the college class is as strong as last year. A scouting friend of mine talked highly of deven marrero as a top guy for 2012 but I was really disappointed watching him this last weekend. Mark Appel is the big guy for this class, but he's a little more raw than the usual top college arm. Zunino will be talked about a lot, too. Looks interesting particularly if he improves his contact skills.

I live down the block from wrigley field and get to see the under armour hs all star game in august. Really looking forward to that one.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby ClevBuck » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 pm

There's also Lucas Giolito who some thing has more upside then McCullers, hopefully the cubs will finally be willing to pay up and take one of McCullers, Gilolito, Appel or Maddox from UF
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Return to Indians Prospect Talk