Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

OF prosoects?

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

OF prosoects?

Postby ClevBuck » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:05 pm

After Weglarz and Washington who are our top 5 OF prospects and what are their strengths and weaknesses?

IMO we have a very weak OF group and need to take a long look at Travis Harrison and George Springer andBubba Starlinif he is there in the draft but back to the original question
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Re: OF prosoects?

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Ezquiel Carrera
Tim Federoff
John Drennan
Jordan Henry
Bo Greenwell
Tyler Holt
Delvi Cid
Luigi Rodriguez

Just to name a few guys in no particular order who could one day be major league OF's.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby ChadS17 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Isn't Luigi Rodriguez the one that had like a thousand triples last year? Where's he at now?
ChadS17
Rookie Baller

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:31 am

abner abreu gets no love... :cry:
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby TitoFrancona » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:abner abreu gets no love... :cry:

Right now all Abreu is, is toolsy player who hasn't developed those tools. Lots and lots of players like that who never sniff a ml uniform. He's got to start putting things together soon.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect

Postby bmonnig » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:43 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:abner abreu gets no love... :cry:

Right now all Abreu is, is toolsy player who hasn't developed those tools. Lots and lots of players like that who never sniff a ml uniform. He's got to start putting things together soon.

True but I still think he's more likely to make a real impact at the big league level than a few others mentioned. He seems like a boom or bust guy but I think he has to be mentioned among OF prospects given his upside.

BTW, what's the story with Abreu playing CF? I somehow missed any discussion about it and have been surprised to see his name in the boxscore as a CF for the 1st 3 games.
bmonnig
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:35 pm

oops forgot all about Abreau, I guess it shows the depth in the system when you can forget about a guy like Abreau.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Return to Indians Prospect Talk