RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Draft questions

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Draft questions

Postby ClevBuck » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Is there any signs who the indians like so far? The college season is pretty well underway.

Could this be the year the indians take a prep arm at 8? I would love to add Norris or Bundy to our system.

Any chance we take Purke is he's there since his stock seems to be falling because of his mechanics

What about Travis Harrison and give us a young power hitting OF or Bubba Starling ?
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Re: Draft questions

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Still entirely way too early to speculate. It's only the beginning of April with the draft being in June.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ClevBuck » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:40 pm

A.Zajac wrote:Still entirely way too early to speculate. It's only the beginning of April with the draft being in June.

The college season is about 1/3 if not more completed already that's not to early not ben close
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Postby jellis » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:45 am

ClevBuck wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:Still entirely way too early to speculate. It's only the beginning of April with the draft being in June.

The college season is about 1/3 if not more completed already that's not to early not ben close

On baseball its way too early at this point last year Raundo was considered the number 2 pick and he ended up in the second. When we get to may you might hear more, but the major rumor I recall hearing in the last week of last year was the Indians were high on Grandal and would not be drafting Pomeraz, so not really much can be gained based on rumors
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby daingean » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:06 am

By now the Indians should have narrowed their list down. My guess is in the first round they will still go safe with college guys unless a HS has just blown their doors off. I just think they want to invest first round money on guys with the best chance of making it to the show. Last year did prove they would be willing to spend $$$ on HS kids but after the 1st round.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ClevBuck » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:37 pm

I don't see why the indians shouldn't take a chance with a prep arm in the 1st, sure if he bust it could hurt but preps are very good this year at the top especially pitchers and our last 2 overall drafts have been great I don't think 1 pick could break our strong farm system why not take a chance
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Personally, I'd draft a first baseman... but, that's just me. Not saying in the first round, but within the first few.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby daingean » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:46 pm

ClevBuck wrote:I don't see why the indians shouldn't take a chance with a prep arm in the 1st, sure if he bust it could hurt but preps are very good this year at the top especially pitchers and our last 2 overall drafts have been great I don't think 1 pick could break our strong farm system why not take a chance

I agree with the theory. The Braves often go the prep route early in the draft and it has paid off to a degree. I was just saying what I thought the Tribe would do.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby jellis » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:53 pm

ClevBuck wrote:I don't see why the indians shouldn't take a chance with a prep arm in the 1st, sure if he bust it could hurt but preps are very good this year at the top especially pitchers and our last 2 overall drafts have been great I don't think 1 pick could break our strong farm system why not take a chance

It is just a deep draft in all regards, the Indians will follow their board and it has worked the past few years.
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Return to Indians Prospect Talk