RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Admit it

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Admit it

Postby hoof32 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:34 am

When the Indians traded Aaron Laffey for Matt Lawson, the first thought you had was

MATT LAWTON!!! :s_mad
hoof32
Draft Prospect

Re: Admit it

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:41 am

Yeah. I'll admit it.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby hoof32 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:55 am

It's not a sin, son. Confession is good for the soul.

How 'bout it. Anybody else wanna testify? :biggrin:
hoof32
Draft Prospect

Postby Edible14 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:57 am

Since we're just posting random stuff, how about this comparison my brother pointed out to me yesterday:

Can you spot the difference?
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Edible14 wrote:Since we're just posting random stuff, how about this comparison my brother pointed out to me yesterday:

Can you spot the difference?

YES! I was thinking this the other day too. Didn't want to admit but it was while watching Stargate Universe, lol
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:50 pm

I turned on the game last night just in time to hear Hammy say "slider got him!" as Sipp struck out a Mariner batter on a slider (I was at the Monsters game prior to that). For a moment, I thought "this is bad, we've put the MASCOT in to pitch!" :s_rofl
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Re: OMG!!!

Postby hoof32 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:05 pm

MATT LAWTON retired.

Wha hoppend?
hoof32
Draft Prospect

Postby criznit2009 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:I turned on the game last night just in time to hear Hammy say "slider got him!" as Sipp struck out a Mariner batter on a slider (I was at the Monsters game prior to that). For a moment, I thought "this is bad, we've put the MASCOT in to pitch!" :s_rofl

I think thats the first time my PC has actually smelled like cheese..... Thanks for the laugh..

As far as Lawton, was a dumb trade to begin with. Not much impact though but seemed pointless at the time. Now if Lawton "un-retires" he remains Indian property right or?

la Bamba
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Prosecutor » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Do we get Laffey back? Did Lawson come with a one-year warranty?

Speaking of trading for the wrong minor leaguer, I just saw the tweet about Knapp having shoulder surgery. Again???

All he's been doing is rehabbing and throwing batting practice and now he needs his second shoulder surgery? This guy is turning into the next Adam Miller. :wacko:

No more drafting or trading for guys that throw 100 mph. They can't stay healthy. The human body isn't made to throw that hard, except for a few rare freaks like Nolan Ryan and Feller.
Prosecutor
Single-A Phenom

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 am

Prosecutor wrote:Do we get Laffey back? Did Lawson come with a one-year warranty?

Speaking of trading for the wrong minor leaguer, I just saw the tweet about Knapp having shoulder surgery. Again???

All he's been doing is rehabbing and throwing batting practice and now he needs his second shoulder surgery? This guy is turning into the next Adam Miller. :wacko:

No more drafting or trading for guys that throw 100 mph. They can't stay healthy. The human body isn't made to throw that hard, except for a few rare freaks like Nolan Ryan and Feller.
Aaron Laffey was essentially traded to give him a chance to 'catch on' with a major league club. The Indians had decided to go another way, so Laffey's spot in the bullpen was tenuous, at best. It was a "class" move by the Indians to give Laffey a chance with the M's..a chance he has taken full advantage of.. btw..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby homerawayfromhome » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:54 am

The Tribe also recieved cash in this deal. (couldn't have been much more than $1.25).
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Return to Indians Prospect Talk