Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Smoke Signals tonight.....Indians season wrapup show!

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Smoke Signals tonight.....Indians season wrapup show!

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:55 pm

Paul and I are going to touch on all the topics he covered in his article on Wednesday, and for the last 10-15 minutes were are going to go over my Tony Awards I gave out today for the minor leaguers.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theclevelandfan
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: Smoke Signals tonight.....Indians season wrapup show!

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:45 am

Could be a good show this coming Thursday. Could have a few special guests which should help drive up the interest some. ;)

Will disclose once I know more.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:48 am

Tease! :lol:
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby petes999 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:33 pm

I know who one guest will be -- he posted it on a Brewer site .... He will give glowing reviews of both Brantley and Green .... I just hope he can give us insights what changed from it being Green (who he thought it would be) to Brantley ... He also said that Brantley will be CF (not switching from LF, 1B, ...) - hopefully this helps with his defense -- recognizing the ball better for his route running -- yet it puts Brantley behind Grady which is strange since Grady is signed for a long-time and I thought had no intention to move.
petes999
Single-A Phenom

Postby jellis » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:06 pm

petes999 wrote:I know who one guest will be -- he posted it on a Brewer site .... He will give glowing reviews of both Brantley and Green .... I just hope he can give us insights what changed from it being Green (who he thought it would be) to Brantley ... He also said that Brantley will be CF (not switching from LF, 1B, ...) - hopefully this helps with his defense -- recognizing the ball better for his route running -- yet it puts Brantley behind Grady which is strange since Grady is signed for a long-time and I thought had no intention to move.

A good CF can really play anywhere, by playing center you get the most work on ball recgonization and running angles. Plus laporta can't play it and not really sure if Crowe has played a lot of CF either. Still can you imagine him at first base when was the last time a 1B stole 30+ bases
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:36 pm

jellis wrote:A good CF can really play anywhere...... not really sure if Crowe has played a lot of CF either.....

I'd have to find a site to get the exact breakdown of games played, but Crowe has played more CF then ANY other position in his professional baseball career.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Indians Prospect Talk