RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Rule 5

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: Rule 5

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:26 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
toledobuck wrote:I think it is a pretty easy decision. You roster Goedert as 3B is a much blacker hole than SS right now. Cabrera is a good starter @ SS. We have nobody at 3B.

Agree that SS is in much better shape at ML level.

In the minors though the biggest black hole in the org is clearly shortstop. Now a FA at Columbus, Diaz at Akron, Frawley at Kinston, and Wolters at Lake County. At High-A and above they have no real prospects. Wolters is gonna have to come through huge, and Cabrera/Donald will need to be our guys the next few years.

I wouldn't completely rule out Valbuena at SS though in AAA. If the Tribe were to sign a guy like Punto, you could go with him and Goedert as your two infield bench guys. Helps out the log-jam at 3B/DH in AAA as well. Valbuena is obviously not a stud defensive SS but neither was J-Rod really. Always felt he was more a 2B than SS defensively (even though his natural position was SS). With Cabrera, Donald, and likely a FA signing at the ML level for SS, I agree it's not a huge loss. The blackhole at SS in the minors really isn't any worse without J-Rod as he was getting old and likely wasn't gonna be around much longer anyways.

I'm defintiely bummed to see him go as he was always one of my fav prospects, but don't see J-Rod's absence being a huge loss.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:28 pm

danh8 wrote:The Pirates scout that is a golf buddy of mine, pretty much called this to me last week. .... He thinks highly of JROD going back to when he was drafted. This guy used to be with the Indians as well.

Yeah, from who I have talked to today, the JRod pick by the Pirates should come as a surprise to no one. Huntington LOVED JRod....and apparently the scout he brought with him does too.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:32 pm

petes999 wrote:Also Tony ... can you give any clue why Flores went so high after

"Jose Flores (RHP): No chance as he is a low end prospect who pitched at Low-A last season, although he may be lost in the Triple-A or Double-A phase if he is not protected on one of those lists (the Triple-A and Double-A reserve lists are unknown)."

Complete out of nowhere pick. Indians themselves were like "wha?"

Mariners saw something....what I have no idea. But no way he doesn't come back unless we trade his rights to them. Nice fastball and body, but very inexperienced not only that he is in Low-A but also that he has pitched just 79 games all in relief in 5 years. Has never played a full season (joined Lake County midseason last year).

Just goes to show anything can happen.

(And also I need to refrain from using absolutes like "never" and "definitely" and use the old "likely/probably" so often used lol)
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TitoFrancona » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Well I guess I was way off base. I really did think Miller was worth a shot. 25 grand for just a looksee seems like a no-brainer. But I personally am very happy no team took a chance.

Obviously, Rodriguez was a lock to be taken. I think he has a chance to eventually be a starting ss in this league. Not sure why Valbuena was protected and Rodriguez wasn't, but good for Rodriguez . He stands a much better shot with the Pirates than the Indians.

Flores? No clue.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:40 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:Obviously, Rivero was a lock to be taken. I think he has a chance to eventually be a starting ss in this league. Not sure why Valbuena was protected and Rivero wasn't, but good for Rivero. He stands a much better shot with the Pirates than the Indians.

I know you meant JRod...but anyway, JRod has zero chance to be a ML everyday SS. In fact, he will likely mostly play 3B/2B. Decent shot at becoming an everyday 2B down the road though.

That all said, I think too much weight is being put on JRods and Valbuen's 2010. Let's not forget the disaster JRod was in 2007/2008 while Valbuena was a good player those years. I still prefer Valbuena over JRod for utility even after Valbuena's horrific 2010.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:58 pm

GhostofTedCox wrote:The Indians made a fast $100K today in the Rule 5 draft. Now they will have the money to sign Punto.
I don't think people realize the dire situation the Indians are in financially. Last in MLB attendance in 2010, they will be last again in 2011.

How dire are we talking here? Are we in any imminent danger of the team moving/folding anytime soon?

Tony, any official confirmation on the lack of Tribe activity in the minor league phases?
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:Tony, any official confirmation on the lack of Tribe activity in the minor league phases?

I thought I posted it here earlier, though may have been the front page or twitter, but no one was taken in the minor league phases.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:12 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:Tony, any official confirmation on the lack of Tribe activity in the minor league phases?

I thought I posted it here earlier, though may have been the front page or twitter, but no one was taken in the minor league phases.

I saw it on here, but it sounded like you weren't 100% certain at the time you posted it.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby danh8 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:27 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
petes999 wrote:Also Tony ... can you give any clue why Flores went so high after

"Jose Flores (RHP): No chance as he is a low end prospect who pitched at Low-A last season, although he may be lost in the Triple-A or Double-A phase if he is not protected on one of those lists (the Triple-A and Double-A reserve lists are unknown)."

Complete out of nowhere pick. Indians themselves were like "wha?"

Mariners saw something....what I have no idea. But no way he doesn't come back unless we trade his rights to them. Nice fastball and body, but very inexperienced not only that he is in Low-A but also that he has pitched just 79 games all in relief in 5 years. Has never played a full season (joined Lake County midseason last year).

Just goes to show anything can happen.

(And also I need to refrain from using absolutes like "never" and "definitely" and use the old "likely/probably" so often used lol)

They see a LOOGY. Those types can come a long way up the ladder in short time if you lock in that role with them.
danh8
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:36 pm

danh8 wrote:They see a LOOGY. Those types can come a long way up the ladder in short time if you lock in that role with them.

But he's not left-handed. :biggrin:
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:54 pm

okay.. then call him a ROOOGY?... :dunno:
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby jellis » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:03 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:okay.. then call him a ROOOGY?... :dunno:

we saw how well that worked with josh smith, I must say I found the control issues funny, because from what I read Seattle loved his control
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby Edible14 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:46 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
Edible14 wrote:As I said before, losing JRod kinda hurts. I don't know who gets to play SS at Columbus next year, and I'm a bit curious who gets the nod at Cleveland if ACab goes down. Valbuena and Donald are options, but I think it means that trading Valbuena is even less likely now.

I can see the Indians having some minor league free agent fill the void for the first half of the year, then perhaps calling up Diaz if he's doing well at Akron. Similar to how we had Brian Buscher at Columbus last year until Chiz was called up.

Whether JRod was here or not, Donald is the #2 shortstop if Cabrera goes down as things currently stand with the roster.

Will be interesting to see who they get to man SS at Columbus. Indians just lost their SS at Columbus and Akron (Rivero).

Really, you could argue that JRod was as low as the 4th option on the organizational ladder at SS (ACab, Donald, Valbuena). There's a few scenarios in my mind that could make the position an interesting one.

Imagine if one guy (let's say ACab) gets hurt, while another (let's say Valbuena) is looking absolutely terrible in Cleveland. You can move Donald over to SS no problem, and move Kipnis/Phelps to 2B. Now... who's your utility guy? If you have JRod, he's the answer. You don't, so your options are: a) Waiver wire b)AAAA guy c) Ride out Valbuena's suckiness or d)Risk occasionally having to play Phelps, Nix or... Goedert (?!?) at SS. Given that Donald and Valbuena both have the potential to be bad next year (Donald do to the dreaded Sophomore Slump, Valbuena because it'd be a continuation of how bad he's been), and ACab has been injury prone, I think it's a consideration. JRod, before he left, had the potential to be in Cleveland at some point next year. Losing him means you've got to have someone else for that role.

Am I arguing that JRod should have been added to the 40? No, not really. I'm just saying it hurts the tribe at least a little bit that he's gone. He would have been a nice option if Valbuena continues to struggle, Donald regresses, etc. And now we'll probably end up needing at least a Brian Buscher type free agent for Columbus. Unless Goedert/Phelps/someone else impresses enough to push Nix out of the starting 3B position and into a utility role, forcing Valbuena down to Columbus to start at SS.

What's interesting to me is that Juan Diaz is all of a sudden a very interesting prospect. Before he was traded here, he was supposedly due for a call-up to AA in the Mariners' org. He stayed in High-A because of a log jam at the position here, but now gets that past-due promotion and looks to be potentially fast-tracked to AAA if he performs. If he becomes a really solid prospect, that Branyan trade is going to be awesome for the Tribe.

Also, no clue why the Mariners took on Flores. He wasn't even the best reliever on his team... in Low A.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Edible14 wrote:What's interesting to me is that Juan Diaz is all of a sudden a very interesting prospect. Before he was traded here, he was supposedly due for a call-up to AA in the Mariners' org. He stayed in High-A because of a log jam at the position here, but now gets that past-due promotion and looks to be potentially fast-tracked to AAA if he performs. If he becomes a really solid prospect, that Branyan trade is going to be awesome for the Tribe.

Don't get your hopes up on Diaz. An interesting guy, yes, but a fringe prospect. Some in Indians org are not too high on him. I think though with his glove he has some potential as maybe a utility guy down the line.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:22 am

Jose Flores: The odd turns and twists of a baseball players life.. Flores is known as a strike thrower. That's a good thing, especially as a young minor leaguer. For him to go from Low A Ball in Lake County to sticking with the Mariners in the major leagues is a real a HUGE stretch for the Mariners. Tony mentioned the playoffs were where the Mariners scouts got a chance to see Flores intimately as he pitched against them.. There is no doubt that this 'first hand account' factored into their Rule V draft decision.

So, what could/should happen now?.. Normally, with this big of a stretch..a prospect like Jose Flores goes to Spring Training with the Mariners where his deficiencies are exposed and he is returned to the Indians.. no apologies necessary.. But.. what if?...

What if the Indians pre-empt this "normal" path and use Jose Flores, agreeing to allow the Mariners to keep him and send him to the minors (along with another player the Mariners covet: Luis Valbuena?.. Yohan Pino? both guys?) as a means to acquire a talented kid that isn't Jose Flores?.. Some time back, I noted that the best SLEEPER pitcher selected in the 2010 draft was taken by the Mariners: Taijuan Walker. This kid could be really special.. Any thoughts on this approach?
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:28 am

GeronimoSon wrote:Jose Flores: The odd turns and twists of a baseball players life.. Flores is known as a strike thrower. That's a good thing, especially as a young minor leaguer. For him to go from Low A Ball in Lake County to sticking with the Mariners in the major leagues is a real a HUGE stretch for the Mariners. Tony mentioned the playoffs were where the Mariners scouts got a chance to see Flores intimately as he pitched against them.. There is no doubt that this 'first hand account' factored into their Rule V draft decision.

So, what could/should happen now?.. Normally, with this big of a stretch..a prospect like Jose Flores goes to Spring Training with the Mariners where his deficiencies are exposed and he is returned to the Indians.. no apologies necessary.. But.. what if?...

What if the Indians pre-empt this "normal" path and use Jose Flores, agreeing to allow the Mariners to keep him and send him to the minors (along with another player the Mariners covet: Luis Valbuena?.. Yohan Pino? both guys?) as a means to acquire a talented kid that isn't Jose Flores?.. Some time back, I noted that the best SLEEPER pitcher selected in the 2010 draft was taken by the Mariners: Taijuan Walker. This kid could be really special.. Any thoughts on this approach?

You're not going to acquire much, if any, talent for any of those guys.... keep dreaming.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:40 am

Jose Flores has already been acquired by the Mariners.. so that's at least part of the equation..

So, if not those guys.. then which guys?
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby homerawayfromhome » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:18 pm

@ geronimoson that's creative way of acq talent. Actually some clubs have done that. I don't think we should rule that out. As well as acq a player in return for jrod. That would allow Pittsburgh flexibility with him and Seattle the ability to develop Flores as well -which IMO is the reason they drafted him, kinda the wait and see approach. Milwaukee had no intention of sending lofgen back last yr. I think the same happens this yr as well with at least Flores maybe jrod too.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm still trying to understand why the Mariners drafted Flores. Is their minor league system THAT BAD with pitching in the upper levels? You mean to tell me they have no pitchers at AAA, AA, or A+ who are strike throwers and throw 92-93 MPH? Because that is what Flores is. Guy doesn't even have a solid secondary pitch. It would be one thing if he threw 98-99 or had some disgusting secondary stuff, but man. If I were a minor league pitcher in the upper levels of their system I'd be pissed because they all just got dissed by a nobody prospect from Low-A!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:18 pm

The Mariners minor league system under the control of Bavasi was gutted and ripped apart by bad trades and bad drafting.. I spoke with Larry Larue of the Tacoma News Tribune.. and he intimated (didn't actually come out and say the Mariners minor leagues sucked) that the change to Jack Z was a welcome addition if for no other reason that the M's wouldn't be trading away guys with talent and leaving the system bare... The Mariners recent draft, 2010, appears to be helping fill some of the voids in their system...

So.. yes.. the Mariners minor league system is pretty bad..well. VERY bad ! They're all excited about Dustin Ackley though!
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby danh8 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:11 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
danh8 wrote:They see a LOOGY. Those types can come a long way up the ladder in short time if you lock in that role with them.

But he's not left-handed. :biggrin:

So much for that theory..lol.
danh8
Rookie Baller

Postby indianinkslinger » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:10 am

TonyIPI wrote:I'm still trying to understand why the Mariners drafted Flores. Is their minor league system THAT BAD with pitching in the upper levels? You mean to tell me they have no pitchers at AAA, AA, or A+ who are strike throwers and throw 92-93 MPH? Because that is what Flores is. Guy doesn't even have a solid secondary pitch. It would be one thing if he threw 98-99 or had some disgusting secondary stuff, but man. If I were a minor league pitcher in the upper levels of their system I'd be pissed because they all just got dissed by a nobody prospect from Low-A!

Don't I remember a quote from someone in the organization when you asked about Flores when he first came up to LC and the quote was something like "don't bother, he's a waste of your time"? I have never seen anything on him, even tape. Maybe Espino or Graham but Flores? :wacko:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Re: Adam Miller not getting taken
I'll admit I was wrong when I thought Miller would get taken. Kudos to the FO navigating the 40 man/ Rule 5 in that case.

Re: Josh Rodriguez getting taken, 1st overall
Best of Luck to Josh. The connection to the former Tribe FO guys needs to be remembered. Its unlikely that Josh gets offered back but even if he is, I hope the Tribe makes a deal to get something else. Just my opinion.

Re: Jose Flores getting taken
A shocking pick without a doubt, but I wonder if the Tribe should even accept him back considering the rest of the pitching depth. It might be in the Tribe's better interest to try to work out a deal so that the R5 rights can be put to bed.
Last edited by MadThinker88 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:33 pm

... unlikely that Josh gets offered back but even if he is, I hope the Tribe makes a deal to get...
A very recent draft pick.. perhaps Matt Curry or even Mel Rojas Jr (with an add from the indians)...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby stoike » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:52 pm

I would not be surprised to see both guys back by May.
stoike
Draft Prospect

Postby petes999 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:56 am

Not much news ... but from TribLive.com

"»»» Rule 5 pick Josh Rodriguez hasn’t gotten much action so far, but Huntington isn’t ready to write off his chances of making the club. “I don’t think we’re going to run our starting nine out there for five innings every game this spring,” Huntington said. “There’ll be plenty of opportunity for Rodriguez (to play). There’s plenty of at-bats to be had in spring training.”

If the Pirates keep Rodriguez, they must keep him on the ML roster the entire season or offer him back to the Indians. If the Pirates decide they can’t keep Rodriguez on the roster, Huntington indicated he’d first try to work out a trade with Cleveland in order to keep him."
petes999
Single-A Phenom

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:37 pm

petes999 wrote:Not much news ... but from TribLive.com

"»»» Rule 5 pick Josh Rodriguez hasn’t gotten much action so far, but Huntington isn’t ready to write off his chances of making the club. “I don’t think we’re going to run our starting nine out there for five innings every game this spring,” Huntington said. “There’ll be plenty of opportunity for Rodriguez (to play). There’s plenty of at-bats to be had in spring training.”

If the Pirates keep Rodriguez, they must keep him on the ML roster the entire season or offer him back to the Indians. If the Pirates decide they can’t keep Rodriguez on the roster, Huntington indicated he’d first try to work out a trade with Cleveland in order to keep him."

Saw this as well.....gonna be an interesting storyline to follow. Tribe does have an open 25th roster spot and utility spot. Not to mention SS at AAA isn't looking super hot (or should I say young if Everett gets it). Rodriguez would have a lot of value in Cleveland. I'd ask for something halfway decent if they wanted to work out a trade.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Better the devil you know.. if josh rodriguez can be brought back to the wigwam.. bring him back.. he's got some talent and a rule V sojourn might "motivate" him and his work habits.. ALL in the right direction... Good for the Indians..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby petes999 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:02 am

Thought I would share that Josh Rodriquez got his BA up to .350 ..... Yet, looking at the numbers, he had a hot week (1 for 2 and 2 for 3 nights). Thus his 7 hits with 20 AB now (for .350) was 4 for 15 which was equates to a .230 BA before this week.

There was a note in their MLB website earlier this month that said ...

"The Pirates remain intrigued with Rodriguez's offense potential, still believing that he can eventually develop into more than just a backup player. The biggest question now, though, is whether Rodriguez is polished enough on defense for the club to be comfortable plugging him in for either Neil Walker or Ronny Cedeno this season.

If the Pirates emphasize defense in their decision, the roster spot will likely be handed to Ciriaco. Should manager Clint Hurdle want more speed on his bench, Wimberly would get the nod. Rodriguez could well have the best long-term potential of the three."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... t&c_id=pit

So, unless he gets to play more than 2 games a week and continues his 3 for 5 performance of last week, we may get him back soon (Neal hinted that it wouldn't be bad for Josh to come back as the Indians like him).

Also, kind of surprised that Flores hasn't come back as he has only played in 3&2/3 innings -- allowed in 5 ER. But, then again the Indians may be working on a trade as we need more position players than pitchers right now.
petes999
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:53 pm

The tribe really doesn't need Flores, although in 2-3 yrs he could develop into a bullpen option. I hope they swing a deal for a infielder or outfielder. The system is jammed with arms as is.

JRod could be on his way back, if not I hope the tribe at least gets a legit prospect for him.

Anyone heard anything on Hector Ambriz recovery?
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Pirates took infielder Josh Rodriguez from Indians. The Pirates are seriously considering trying to work out a deal with the Tribe, reported MLB.com's Jenifer Langosch on Saturday. Rodriguez is still in the mix for the Pirates' backup middle infield job
Bring him back..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:22 pm

In case no one saw my tweet yesterday, Jose Flores is being offered back to the Indians. Dont know if the Indians will take him back or complete a trade, but the process is in motion. Should hear something official on it I would think in next 24-48 hours.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm not on twitter so I didn't see that... Perferably a tr for Flores.

I wouldn't tr JRod to the Pirates, unless they get a legit prospect back.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby buck84 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:16 pm

According to Buc's dugout, it looks like the Pirates will keep Josh Rodriguez, at least to start the season.

http://www.bucsdugout.com/
buck84
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby buck84 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Jrod was designated today to make room for Wood by the Pirates
buck84
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:08 pm

buck84 wrote:Jrod was designated today to make room for Wood by the Pirates

I was thinknig this move would come should they be the team to get Wood.

Going to be very interesting to see what the Tribe does now.....I know we keep saying the Tribe will take J-Rod back, but man Columbus is loaded with infielders.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:19 pm

SD sports talk had some comments today that the Padres have interest in JRod. It is possible since the organization is pretty bare when it comes to IF hitting prospects.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby Edible14 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:29 am

Hermie13 wrote:

Going to be very interesting to see what the Tribe does now.....I know we keep saying the Tribe will take J-Rod back, but man Columbus is loaded with infielders.

They could stash him in Akron for the time being. Unquestionably, though, it's better for JRod if he goes through.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GhostofTedCox » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:14 am

Edible14 wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:

They could stash him in Akron for the time being. Unquestionably, though, it's better for JRod if he goes through.

I would still take Rodriguez back. He is a SS, a position were we are not too deep. I like him as a utility guy better than Valbuena anyway.
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:23 pm

I still think there's a possibilty that the Pirates try to work out a deal. I dont think someone else will snag him unless they too are willing to deal for him.
I'd gladly bring JRod back but Columbus is loaded right now as is, it might be better for him to move on to another org. like Milwaukee that is rumored to be in the hunt for some help in the middle of the diamond.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:42 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:I still think there's a possibilty that the Pirates try to work out a deal. I dont think someone else will snag him unless they too are willing to deal for him.
I'd gladly bring JRod back but Columbus is loaded right now as is, it might be better for him to move on to another org. like Milwaukee that is rumored to be in the hunt for some help in the middle of the diamond.

Milwaukee does makes sense, though they are more said to be looking at AAA depth at SS, and J-Rod can't go to AAA unless the Tribe doesn't take him back or makes a deal.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:25 pm

@ hermie13 that's part of what I was saying he could be traded if he does return like Brad Emaus was from jays to rox.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:33 am

Knowing what I know with regard to the Brewers/Indians, I highly doubt that the Brewers pickup JRod. All I can say there.

If JRod clears, I would expect the Indians to take him back. No problem with sending him to Akron for short term until roster shakes itself out.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby indianinkslinger » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:38 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Knowing what I know with regard to the Brewers/Indians, I highly doubt that the Brewers pickup JRod. All I can say there.

If JRod clears, I would expect the Indians to take him back. No problem with sending him to Akron for short term until roster shakes itself out.

Yeah Tony, I don't think you quit on a potentially useful player just because he was not good enough for the 40. Even if we have alternatives galore, and I think we do, he could be useful if you do not want an option to be burnt on a player who still has them. At his age, no guarantee that OCab will finish the season at 2B but no reason to make a change now. :drinks:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Previous

Return to Indians Prospect Talk