RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

ESPN SUCKS

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

ESPN SUCKS

Postby cardiackidz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:21 pm

ESPN is just horrible anymore. all these winter meeting shows have been about this whole week is what are the yankees and red sox doing. they do this all summer long and now they do it all winter long. do they realize that there are other teams in the major leagues? gammons has his head so far up theo and the red sox back sides it would take five summers to pull him out. john kruk makes me sick just looking at him. look professional for gods sake shave that 5 o'clock shadow and loose some weight. oh and have some sort of insight for once. i wish whoever runs that company would watch some old sportscenters from the 80's and early 90's to see how good ESPN used to be.
cardiackidz
Rookie Baller

Re: ESPN SUCKS

Postby jellis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 pm

yeah it has been pretty awful it terms of coverage, I check from time to time online and it seems lacking this year
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:48 pm

until someone else emerges as a viable competitor to them, nothing will change. they really have a monopoly on the market. FSN tried, but failed. CNN/SI tried several years ago and failed. Sportschannel tried a long time ago and failed. They just have too much power with all their programming, and as much as people complain about them....they still tune in every night. Nothing will change until people stop watching. Plain and simple.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby jellis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:02 pm

Consigliere wrote:until someone else emerges as a viable competitor to them, nothing will change. they really have a monopoly on the market. FSN tried, but failed. CNN/SI tried several years ago and failed. Sportschannel tried a long time ago and failed. They just have too much power with all their programming, and as much as people complain about them....they still tune in every night. Nothing will change until people stop watching. Plain and simple.

see I stopped watching long ago, I remember the CNN/SI days I loved it since I didnt have cable but some how still get CNN it was the only way I got to see any sports
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby carnegie44115 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:10 pm

Consigliere wrote:until someone else emerges as a viable competitor to them, nothing will change. they really have a monopoly on the market. FSN tried, but failed. CNN/SI tried several years ago and failed. Sportschannel tried a long time ago and failed. They just have too much power with all their programming, and as much as people complain about them....they still tune in every night. Nothing will change until people stop watching. Plain and simple.

Really recently for as long as I remember I haven't turned the channel to espn in a long time, really with the internet I just read and catch up on everything on the net. During baseball season I may watch baseball tonight, and I would use to watch MNF, but now with that kornheiser on there I just can't stand him, PTI=stupid show.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:54 pm

carnegie44115 wrote:Really recently for as long as I remember I haven't turned the channel to espn in a long time, really with the internet I just read and catch up on everything on the net. During baseball season I may watch baseball tonight, and I would use to watch MNF, but now with that kornheiser on there I just can't stand him, PTI=stupid show.

I'm with you on this.

Up until about 7-8 years ago, I used to eat, sleep and breathe ESPN. I'd wake up to ESPN and have it on in the morning while getting ready for work. When I was off, I would have it on all morning even though it was just replaying the previous night's Sportcenter every hour. I'd watch all the evening programming and games. Etc.

Of course, since then I got married, had a couple kids, and built a house so priorities changed, but I hardly EVER watch Sportscenter anymore. I loathe the personalities and the whole "we think we are funny" thing. The only time I tune in is when something big goes down and I want to see what is going on. I barely watch anything on there anymore, and maybe spend about an hour or two at most a week watching it.

The only thing I do tune in to watch is the baseball stuff obviously, but even Baseball Tonight is not what it used to be. I used to love when Gammons, Reynolds, Cambell, and others were regulars. Guys like Tim Kijirkian (sp), Kruk, Perez, Olney, and so on do nothing for me. I absolutely loved Gammons back in the day when I was just getting into the minor leagues and he was on the show in 1993 pimping Manny Ramirez.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby carnegie44115 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 pm

Yeah I agree the crew for Baseball Tonight these days is nothing like Gammons and Reynolds. Also just for Sportcenter, it was never going to be the same after Dan Patrick left.

Also since I listen to and watch the Reds, I really try to watch them on FSN with Thom Brennaman broadcasting instead of listening to Marty on WLW, I know a lot of people grew up listening to Marty, but for some reason I just can't stand him. Of course no one comes close to Hamilton at least for who I regularly listen to.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Postby cardiackidz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:08 pm

seriously looking at john kruk makes me sick. people rip on how they let bob knight dress what about fat boy? knight at least has a nice sweater on and is groomed.
cardiackidz
Rookie Baller

Postby jellis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:13 pm

its sad cause I dont even think Kruk is the worst guy on baseball tonight its far and away in my mind steve "I am a tool and a former horrid GM" Phillips
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby endlesssleeper » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Yea, I was gonna say the same thing about Phillips. That guy is an ASS.
endlesssleeper
Draft Prospect

Postby carnegie44115 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:25 pm

endlesssleeper wrote:Yea, I was gonna say the same thing about Phillips. That guy is an ASS.

I second that.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Postby jellis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:25 pm

endlesssleeper wrote:Yea, I was gonna say the same thing about Phillips. That guy is an ASS.

I think your being too nice hes the worst baseball "expert" that you can find
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby cardiackidz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:12 am

i dont know who has a bigger love fest for there favorite team on baseball tonight. is it gammons with the red sox or olney with the yankees?
cardiackidz
Rookie Baller

Postby carnegie44115 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 am

cardiackidz wrote:i dont know who has a bigger love fest for there favorite team on baseball tonight. is it gammons with the red sox or olney with the yankees?

I thought they all were in a lovefest with the Red Sox and the Yanks
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Postby jellis » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:32 am

another reason they suck the current deal is on like 4 sites and not a word of it on ESPN
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby carnegie44115 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:39 am

jellis wrote:another reason they suck the current deal is on like 4 sites and not a word of it on ESPN

They're too busy thinking about the Yankees winning the WS next year now that they signed CC to this contract and the idea they could sign Burnett too and they would go for a more short term deal like Ben Sheets for two year. I hate the Yankees, and you know what I didn't used to hate the Red Sox, but now I do.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Postby cardiackidz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 am

ESPN in the real reason everyone hates the yankees and red sox.
cardiackidz
Rookie Baller

Postby carnegie44115 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:48 am

OOOOh the top 10 is coming up on SC, is CC signing with the Yanks #1?

Edit: Well I was close, before the top ten they have a segment of all these NY guys and analysts talking about how he will do
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller

Return to Beyond The Minors