RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Mark DeRosa?

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Mark DeRosa?

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:23 pm

There's a 'rumor' out now that a 3-team or possibly 4-team deal may be in the works with the Cubs, Padres, and Phillies (and maybe the Orioles) for Peavy. The Phils would get DeRosa in the deal and part with a pitcher (Happ possibly) and another prospect maybe.

Wouldn't have thought the Cubs would part with DeRosa.....but if there's any truth to this, would love to see the Tribe try and peak their heads in on this. DeRosa would be a nice fit at 2B for us. Could play some OF as well and give Carroll some starts at 2B. Only cost $5.5M I believe so not breaking the bank at all.

I know there was some talk about possibly getting an infielder from the Cubs a while back, but figured it was Fontenot or at best maybe Theriot....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Re: Mark DeRosa?

Postby jellis » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:37 pm

dont see it newest report says the cubs are no where near a peavy deal and have to cut salary to add peavy until marquis is gone peavy wont be a cub. Some argued last year De rosa was there MVP they would not trade him hes too important to their team. I call this one bogus
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby indianinkslinger » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:57 am

This is just speculation but I think the Indians would be more likely to take a chance on Fontenot who could be a good platoon with JBarf. I haven't a clue why they would trade him or what we have that would interest the Cubs but he can provide some stick and is a pretty decent glove.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:23 am

well he have plenty that would interest the Cubs. Laffey or Huff would be a perfect guy that they could flip to the Padres who need pitching.

I don't know....the fact that DeRosa only has 1 year left makes me think he's tradeable, especially if they can get rid of Marquis. They could then make a pitch for someone else to play 2B or give it to Fonetenot...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby jellis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:59 pm

I like either theriot and Fontenot would love to see us add either using one of our many extra arms

I would say all of our arms are better than JA HApp
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:02 pm

I wouldn't. Happ has pitched well in the minors and pitched well last year. Huff and Laffey might be considered better by some teams right now.....but even that is iffy. They're pretty close though.

Now there's a rumor (man that word is getting annoying, lol) that the twins are interested in DeRosa.

Wonder if they'd use him at 3B or move castilla to SS in a scenario where they got him....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby jellis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Hermie13 wrote:I wouldn't. Happ has pitched well in the minors and pitched well last year. Huff and Laffey might be considered better by some teams right now.....but even that is iffy. They're pretty close though.

Now there's a rumor (man that word is getting annoying, lol) that the twins are interested in DeRosa.

Wonder if they'd use him at 3B or move castilla to SS in a scenario where they got him....

Your kidding me on Happ, he is a 4A guy and really not considered a big talent. His pitching well can be compared to Lewis pitching well
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:22 pm

He was a top 10 prospect in the Phils organization in 2007. He's the same as Laffey, Sowers, and Huff. all of those guys can be called 4A guys right now too. Happ has as good a chance as any of those to have a decent career as a backend of the rotation guy.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby MadThinker88 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 pm

I thought this thread should be bumped forward.

Nice job Hermie13
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:45 am

ha, thanks MadThinker.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Beyond The Minors