RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Tom Mastny

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Tom Mastny

Postby dnosco » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:46 am

My mistake, will post this in the Mastny thread that I missed.
Last edited by dnosco on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Re: Tom Mastny

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:54 am

Actually, the Tribe still could have protected Jordan Brown. Our 40-man was only at 39 before this was done, it's now at 38.

I can imagine 2-3 better prospects in the Rule 5 than Jordan Brown actually (Veal, Horne, and Morlan). He's a 1B that has no power. We have one of those in Garko already; Brown doesn't really fit on this team (though it would have been nice to have kept him and tried to get something for him in a trade, I'll give you that).

Mastny had at least 1 more option year left I know. Seems like a few teams have been doing this lately though (selling players to Japan). Even the Yankees did (and sold a starting pitcher).

Also, why wasn't this listed under the other Tom Mastny thread that was already started?
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby JP_Frost » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:09 pm

just so Nosco can get more attention while complaining every move the Indians make.

I just don't understand why you even take time to post about the Tribe, dnosco. We got too little for Sabathia, we got too much for Blake so therefore Santana can't be that good, we drafted all the wrong players and now we give away Mastny (while not much has been made public about this move -- amount of cash involved or the reason why). I have no problem with people being critical of their favorite team, but this is just getting a little ridiculous. You remind me of the folks posting on the MLB Indians forum.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby jellis » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:25 pm

I wonder if he asked to be traded much like Rasner asked the yankees to do, until we know that for sure hard to say what caused this, who knows maybe they really like a Rule 5 guy, or maybe they have some sort of plan. Like to hear from Mastny first
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Return to Beyond The Minors