Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

laws chat today

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

laws chat today

Postby jellis » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 pm

hits on a few of this boards hot topics so I lifted those parts

KO (Pittsfield, MA): If Carlos Santana is so great, how did the Indians land him for Blake?

SportsNation Keith Law: The Dodgers have Martin, Colletti doesn't value prospects that highly, and Santana (like a few other prospects dealt midyear, like Tabata) really took off after the deal.

Jon V. (Cleveland, OH): Keith - the Indians have some interesting decisions when it comes to the 40-man roster. Do you think the protect Rondon and De La Cruz?

SportsNation Keith Law: Absolutely. Rondon is a no-brainer - pitched in the Futures Game, showed a great arm, good life, no way that guy doesn't get claimed in the Rule 5 Draft.
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Re: laws chat today

Postby Duane Kuiper » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:25 pm

Santana (like a few other prospects dealt midyear, like Tabata) really took off after the deal.

Huh? Wasn't he leading the minors in some hitting categories before the trade?
Duane Kuiper
Draft Prospect

Postby jellis » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:31 pm

Duane Kuiper wrote:Santana (like a few other prospects dealt midyear, like Tabata) really took off after the deal.

Huh? Wasn't he leading the minors in some hitting categories before the trade?

yeah but he hit even better after the deal, but I think your right law was thinking about last year with Santana as opposed to this year
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 pm

People were not giving Santana credit before the trade because he was playing in the pitching challenged California League. He legitamized himself by going to the Carolina League and being even BETTER in a notorious pitchers league. I think that is what Law was getting at.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Duane Kuiper » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:12 pm

Consigliere wrote:People were not giving Santana credit before the trade because he was playing in the pitching challenged California League. He legitamized himself by going to the Carolina League and being even BETTER in a notorious pitchers league. I think that is what Law was getting at.

OK, that makes sense.
Duane Kuiper
Draft Prospect

Postby jellis » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:13 pm

matt (kansas): Alex Gordon to the Indians for Adam Miller, Shoppach, Chisenhall & Mills? Would it take more than that?

Keith Law: What's in the rag over Shapiro's face - chloroform?

I was amused by this exchange today
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:41 pm

jellis wrote:matt (kansas): Alex Gordon to the Indians for Adam Miller, Shoppach, Chisenhall & Mills? Would it take more than that?

Keith Law: What's in the rag over Shapiro's face - chloroform?

I was amused by this exchange today

:s_rofl I think a house fell on that guys head right after the wicked witch of the east
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby TheWord » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:54 pm

HA
TheWord
Rookie Baller

Return to Beyond The Minors