RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

The Pacific

It's not always about baseball and sports! Talk movies, TV, video games, music, politics, news and more here.

The Pacific

Postby Hermie13 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:44 am

Not sure if anyone has been watching "The Pacific" but it's a great mini-series over on HBO. Same style a Band of Brothers (Speilberg and Hanks producing again). The first few eps were a lil slow (then again so were the first few of Band of Brothers).

If you haven't been watching I suggest you start. Episode 7 of 10 is this Sunday.

If you can't watch it, highly recommend renting/buying (prefferably on blu-ray as the effects/editing are top notch) it when it comes out.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Re: The Pacific

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:49 am

Just downloaded and watched Band of Brothers over the course of the past few weeks. Had starting watching it on HBO back in 2001 when it came out but got sidetracked and never watched it after the second episode....so went back and watched it all from start to finish to get ready for The Pacific.

What an absolutely amazing mini-series Band of Brothers is, and leaves you just gasping for air after each episode and at the same time thanking all those wonderful men who I have no flipping idea did what they did. They don't call it the "greatest generation" for nothing.

I am gonna start downloading and watching the Pacific here real soon, probably start watching it for the trip coming up in less than two weeks to Myrtle Beach. Good opp there to crank out the entire 10 episode set, or at least the first eight since the last two episodes may not have aired yet.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GoTribe028 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Been excellent thus far. Still missing "something" that BOB had. Not quite sure what it is, but I've only caught the first 4 episodes, may hold off on the rest for the box set since I might not be able to catch the rest unless I watch them with on demand.

Been a fan of James Badge Dale (24 obviously, nice to see Jack gave him his hand back) since I saw him in Lord of the Flies YEARS ago.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:57 pm

GoTribe028 wrote:Been excellent thus far. Still missing "something" that BOB had. Not quite sure what it is, but I've only caught the first 4 episodes, may hold off on the rest for the box set since I might not be able to catch the rest unless I watch them with on demand.

Been a fan of James Badge Dale (24 obviously, nice to see Jack gave him his hand back) since I saw him in Lord of the Flies YEARS ago.

Episodes 3 and 4 were probably the slowest of the bunch. They dealt with more the psychology part of war. Were interesting but in eps 5 and 6 the action really starts to pick up.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:59 am

8 down and just 2 to go...

Episode 8 (titled "Iwo Jima")......quite possibly the best 1 hour of television I've ever seen. An unbelieveable story....but it's true (with some dramatic liberties but pretty spot on).
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Entertainment Zone