RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Game of Thrones

It's not always about baseball and sports! Talk movies, TV, video games, music, politics, news and more here.

Game of Thrones

Postby entertheshoe » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:34 pm

For those of you geeks like me, I recommend Game of Thrones. Hate to hijack this thread but the show is awesome and I am reading the books, which are equally awesome.

Hooray geeks
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Re: Battlestar Galactica

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:40 pm

entertheshoe wrote:For those of you geeks like me, I recommend Game of Thrones. Hate to hijack this thread but the show is awesome and I am reading the books, which are equally awesome.

Hooray geeks

ha, can make a new thread.....

and I agree, Game of Thrones was amazing (not sure it really relates to BSG though). Can't wait for Season 2 already. :drinks:
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Haven't seen it but have heard great things and will certainly catch the first season on DVD when it comes out.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby entertheshoe » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Learn how to torrent Tony! Who pays for that kinda stuff anymore? :s_cool

I'm really looking forward to how they cast next season, there are certainly many interesting characters still yet to be introduced.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:31 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Haven't seen it but have heard great things and will certainly catch the first season on DVD when it comes out.

I say splurge on the Blu-ray....this series is worth it
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby jellis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 pm

entertheshoe wrote:For those of you geeks like me, I recommend Game of Thrones. Hate to hijack this thread but the show is awesome and I am reading the books, which are equally awesome.

Hooray geeks

I have been waiting to read about jon snow for 7 years now, and waiting on a new book for 6. I think book 4 was by far the weakest so I am nervous for the new ones. To me order in terms of enjoyment goes 3,1,2.....................4. General rule for the book is no one is safe, which is so rare anymore
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby entertheshoe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:03 am

jellis wrote:

Hooray geeks

I have been waiting to read about jon snow for 7 years now, and waiting on a new book for 6. I think book 4 was by far the weakest so I am nervous for the new ones. To me order in terms of enjoyment goes 3,1,2.....................4. General rule for the book is no one is safe, which is so rare anymore

I'm still reading through book 3 right now, but I heard that book 4 is weak also. Hopefully I'll be able to force my way through it before July 12th when the next one comes out.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:16 am

jellis wrote:

Hooray geeks

Haven't gotten that far in the books...but was kind of expecting that. He knocked out the first 3 pretty quick (or in quick succesion)...then a huge break for book 4...and now a huge break for 5, which really doesn't make much sense to me as George said he originally wrote books 4 and 5 as a single huge book (well over 1500 pages) and was forced to split them. It was originally only envisioned as a triology...so hope he's not just trying to milk this story...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:33 am

entertheshoe wrote:Learn how to torrent Tony! Who pays for that kinda stuff anymore? :s_cool

I'm really looking forward to how they cast next season, there are certainly many interesting characters still yet to be introduced.

Oh yes, I do that for sure. Haven't bought a DVD or CD in about 10 years.;-) My torrent use has subsided a lot since Xmas when we got the Netflix setup with the streaming and 1 DVD a month....it was for the kids and my wife and I as it is kind of fun to get that movie in the mail and also have lots of movies at disposal anytime for them.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby entertheshoe » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:07 am

(Note: no spoilers in the following comments)

I FINALLY finished A Dance With Dragons. It slows down a bit in the middle but then I knocked out the last 100 pages in just 1 night. Definitely ends with a bang. I don't want to spoil it but I'm really looking forward to how the story wraps up. Don't die GRRM, don't die!

By the way, some of the casting for Season 2 is done and they are filming now. My one and only complaint without spoiling anything is that the hot girls aren't quite as hot as I had pictured them in the book. Then again, one of the not hots was actually casted pretty hot so who knows. And yes, I am a pig.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby jellis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:41 pm

entertheshoe wrote:(Note: no spoilers in the following comments)

I FINALLY finished A Dance With Dragons. It slows down a bit in the middle but then I knocked out the last 100 pages in just 1 night. Definitely ends with a bang. I don't want to spoil it but I'm really looking forward to how the story wraps up. Don't die GRRM, don't die!

By the way, some of the casting for Season 2 is done and they are filming now. My one and only complaint without spoiling anything is that the hot girls aren't quite as hot as I had pictured them in the book. Then again, one of the not hots was actually casted pretty hot so who knows. And yes, I am a pig.

I thought the girl they got for Margery Tyrell is pretty hot. Thought it was interesting that HBO came out and said they will support the shop until the series ends, no worries about the cost, unlike another great show Rome. Not sure if martin can wrap this up in two books, liking like a Wheel of time situation, all we can hope is that is doesnt pull a Herbert. (Yes I know the series got finished using his notes, but part of it felt extremely forced, and all off it was not in the Herbet style)
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 am

Watched all 10 episodes over the past week. Wow. What a show. It took a little while to get moving, but good lord, by episode 4 it really started cooking. Having not read the books, I never ever considered that Ned Stark would be killed off so soon! Wow, what a shocker that was!

I hate those damn Lannisters. The whole lot of them, well, except for Tyrion. That dude was great this season. I also absolutely hate Joffrey. They casted him well and he really got under my skin (in a good way) from the first episode. I knew he was gonna be a punk kid I wanted to beat the living snot out of. Oh and Viserys Targareon, boy was I glad to see him offed. Never thought they would waste him as well so soon.....but the unpredictability of the show is something I love.

Can't wait for Season 2!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Agree, absolutely great series thus far and keeps you on your toes. Reminds me a bit of 24 in that virutally no one is safe from being knocked off. Throw in the Lord of the Rings vibe and yes, bring on season 2! :smile
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Entertainment Zone