RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

New Fall TV Shows

It's not always about baseball and sports! Talk movies, TV, video games, music, politics, news and more here.

New Fall TV Shows

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:52 pm

With Lost and 24 gone, I need some new shows to latch onto this fall.

Anyone have any recommendations for some shows or anything new that is must see?

I am patiently waiting for Dexter to start back up....and I am intrigued by the new show The Event which I will likely check out. Anything else?
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: New Fall TV Shows

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 pm

ANYTHING on AMC. Not sure when the new shows start since their seasons aren't always the typical 20+ episodes other shows get. Mad Men, Breaking Bad and even their newest show, Rubicon is interesting.

Can't wait for October 31 for the series premier of The Walking Dead (also on AMC). HUGE fan of the comic books and I'm not even a comic book geek (although I did follow anything with Spiderman throughout the 90's).

Also Tony, you should check out Justified on F/X. Stars Timothy Olyphant and set in Kentucky. Very interesting show IMO, although you'll have to wait for Netflix or something to release the 1st season.

I do believe that any of these shows (except Walking Dead) are all available on Itunes though.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby theshow » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 pm

If you get HBO I would reccommend trying out Boardwalk Empire. It is about the Prohibition era in Atlantic City. The series premieres September 19th and Martin Scorcesse is going to be actively involved in the show. I am an Entourage junkie and loved the Sopranos so I normally endorse anything on that network.
theshow
Rookie Baller

Postby criznit2009 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:46 am

I am in the same boat as Tony here... Gonna miss Lost when its cold and rainy. I hope Breaking Bad kicks ass this season, I think it might have been a little loose towards the end of the last season and hope its able to tie it back up nicely
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby jellis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 pm

I am a big sons of anarchy guy, its the typical great show on FX. In terms of funny shows modern family was a show that made me laugh more than any show on TV. The show I am most intrigued by is the new AMC show the walking dead, based on a solid comic book, I own the comic and its been good/great/crap at varying points in its run. Still its AMC and they only do 5 star TV.
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby jellis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:01 pm

GoTribe028 wrote:ANYTHING on AMC. Not sure when the new shows start since their seasons aren't always the typical 20+ episodes other shows get. Mad Men, Breaking Bad and even their newest show, Rubicon is interesting.

Can't wait for October 31 for the series premier of The Walking Dead (also on AMC). HUGE fan of the comic books and I'm not even a comic book geek (although I did follow anything with Spiderman throughout the 90's).

Also Tony, you should check out Justified on F/X. Stars Timothy Olyphant and set in Kentucky. Very interesting show IMO, although you'll have to wait for Netflix or something to release the 1st season.

I do believe that any of these shows (except Walking Dead) are all available on Itunes though.

just read your post, funny to see 5 messages and 2 of us eagerly waiting for the walking dead. Have you seen the trailer amc has posted yet.
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:37 pm

The one show I am really looking forward to is the return of Showtime's "Dexter" on Sunday the 26th. Love this show, and it gets better every season. Lithgow as the Trinity Killer last year was amazing.....can't wait to see where they go with it this year.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby jellis » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:56 pm

TonyIPI wrote:The one show I am really looking forward to is the return of Showtime's "Dexter" on Sunday the 26th. Love this show, and it gets better every season. Lithgow as the Trinity Killer last year was amazing.....can't wait to see where they go with it this year.

fully agree, actually rematching the old seasons now and rereading the book in preparation for the return. It and SOA are my top 2 shows on TV
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby GoTribe028 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:02 pm

jellis wrote:just read your post, funny to see 5 messages and 2 of us eagerly waiting for the walking dead. Have you seen the trailer amc has posted yet.

Haha, yeah, actually watched it a few months ago when someone from the Comicon (SP?) posted a low quality video of it onto Youtube :clapping:

Here's the HQ trailer, looks like AMC is staying very close to the source materials early on and taking it very seriously. I mean c'mon, Frank Darabont is directing the whole thing. I would be thrilled to see the Shawshank Prison make an appearance... :yahoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm pretty excited by Detroit 1-8-7, Blue Bloods, The Defenders, The Whole Truth, and (censored) My Dad Says. You may want to take any of my recommendation re: 1-hour shows with a grain of salt (or the entire Bonneville Salt Flats, for that matter :biggrin: ) as, outside of the CSI shows, 1-hour shows that I like have a bad history re: staying on the air (see Timecop, Life on Mars [U.S.], etc.)
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Dizzle729 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:08 pm

I highly recommend Rubicon. Its a slow moving show in which each episode reads like a chapter of a book but its a great conspiracy type show. The main actor is James Badge Dale (Leckie from the HBO mini series the Pacific) and he is very convincing as the leader of a task group in a think tank working to unravel a series of clues and coincidences.

Also just watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire and that looks quite promising. Very interested to see how that develops.
Dizzle729
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby GoTribe028 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Dizzle729 wrote:Also just watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire and that looks quite promising. Very interested to see how that develops.

Agreed. Looks very promising, really well acted.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Entertainment Zone