RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

MLB.tv

It's not always about baseball and sports! Talk movies, TV, video games, music, politics, news and more here.

MLB.tv

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:55 pm

I just recently bought DirectTV and will no longer be receiving STO. I've been looking into purchasing MLB.tv. Anyone have any experience/feedback they can provide about it?
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Re: MLB.tv

Postby theshow » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:25 pm

I have it. Heaven at your fingertips. It is well worth the money, especially if you are into fantasy baseball. I suppose not for all people but as someone who likes baseball, I can't see how you wont love it. Interesting to hear what other teams announcers think about the Indians too.
theshow
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:29 pm

theshow wrote:I have it. Heaven at your fingertips. It is well worth the money, especially if you are into fantasy baseball. I suppose not for all people but as someone who likes baseball, I can't see how you wont love it. Interesting to hear what other teams announcers think about the Indians too.

Do you have the regular or premium package?
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby theshow » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:38 pm

A.Zajac wrote:theshow wrote:
I have it. Heaven at your fingertips. It is well worth the money, especially if you are into fantasy baseball. I suppose not for all people but as someone who likes baseball, I can't see how you wont love it. Interesting to hear what other teams announcers think about the Indians too.

I have regular. It doesn't allow for picture in picture, but I have a unique man-cave situation at my house where I have 4 flat-screens mounted together and can watch 4 games at once. For me, I don't see the advantage of premium, unless you love Rick Manning and Matt Underwood and want to always hear them (you get home and away broadcasts for premium). I personally think picture in picture is annoying, and would rather just watch one game then having a box blocking part of the screen.
theshow
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:44 pm

theshow wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:theshow wrote:

I have regular. It doesn't allow for picture in picture, but I have a unique man-cave situation at my house where I have 4 flat-screens mounted together and can watch 4 games at once. For me, I don't see the advantage of premium, unless you love Rick Manning and Matt Underwood and want to always hear them (you get home and away broadcasts for premium). I personally think picture in picture is annoying, and would rather just watch one game then having a box blocking part of the screen.

Good enough for me. Just wish you could get STO without having to pay for the Sports Premium with DirectTV. Greedy jackals...
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby indianinkslinger » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:37 pm

I don't do STO but used to do MLB. It was quite good and I still do MiLB since i love the prospects. I have TV internet so I get any televised Indian game for free. I don't know if that will still happen this year with the crackdown but i suspect they will find a way. To me, it is less expensive to go to your local Costco store and buy a Sony Blue Ray for $100 which gives you an internet capable TV hookup if your house is wireless. Gives you access to all the good stuff on the net plus Netflix and other stuff. Just a thought for those as cheap as me. :pleasantry:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:57 pm

I always plump for premium..... mainly so I don't have to subject myself to listening to Hawk Harrelson 7/8 times a year.

I've always found it fantastic, although it does depend on your download spped.

I know the MLB website says you need about 2500kbps for a HD feed, but I always found realistically it as probably closer to 4MB to give you the best experience.

If you've got that..... I'd jump in with both feet.

One thing to double check first.... go to the MLB Inidans site and enter your zip to check you're not in the blackout zone.

I don't know how far in Ohio the zone stretches...... doesn't affect me this side of the pond!
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby A.Zajac » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:08 am

dazindiansfanuk wrote:I always plump for premium..... mainly so I don't have to subject myself to listening to Hawk Harrelson 7/8 times a year.

I know the MLB website says you need about 2500kbps for a HD feed, but I always found realistically it as probably closer to 4MB to give you the best experience.

One thing to double check first.... go to the MLB Inidans site and enter your zip to check you're not in the blackout zone.

I don't know how far in Ohio the zone stretches...... doesn't affect me this side of the pond!

It says I'm subject to blackout for both CLE and PIT?
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:I always plump for premium..... mainly so I don't have to subject myself to listening to Hawk Harrelson 7/8 times a year.

Too many Squeeler fans in NE Ohio so they/baseball execs mistakenly think there are 'Rat fans in the area as well.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby wrestlecd4 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:37 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:I don't do STO but used to do MLB. It was quite good and I still do MiLB since i love the prospects. I have TV internet so I get any televised Indian game for free. I don't know if that will still happen this year with the crackdown but i suspect they will find a way. To me, it is less expensive to go to your local Costco store and buy a Sony Blue Ray for $100 which gives you an internet capable TV hookup if your house is wireless. Gives you access to all the good stuff on the net plus Netflix and other stuff. Just a thought for those as cheap as me. :pleasantry:

I am probally as cheap as you lol. I just dont have any technology savvy. I will have to find out more about this. I have never heard of anything like this before. Thanks for the thought.
wrestlecd4
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby indianinkslinger » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 am

wrestlecd4 wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:I don't do STO but used to do MLB. It was quite good and I still do MiLB since i love the prospects. I have TV internet so I get any televised Indian game for free. I don't know if that will still happen this year with the crackdown but i suspect they will find a way. To me, it is less expensive to go to your local Costco store and buy a Sony Blue Ray for $100 which gives you an internet capable TV hookup if your house is wireless. Gives you access to all the good stuff on the net plus Netflix and other stuff. Just a thought for those as cheap as me. :pleasantry:

I am probally as cheap as you lol. I just dont have any technology savvy. I will have to find out more about this. I have never heard of anything like this before. Thanks for the thought.

This is not real difficult or an old fart like me couldn't do it. If you have problems, there are lots of ways to skin this particular cat. If you have any questions that i might be able to help with, just post and we can talk off line.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby JP_Frost » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:36 pm

I'll buy mlbtv again this year. Living in Europe gives you no other reasonable alternative and it's pretty great. For an extra 10 bucks you can get a milb tv subscription as well.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby TheWord » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:00 pm

A.Zajac wrote:

You cannot watch games in the local TV market.

For instance if you live in Baltimore, you cannot watch O's games on MLBtv.

I assume you're in the Y-Town area, so you'd probably not be able to watch Tribe games with it.
TheWord
Rookie Baller

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:29 pm

For those of you who do not mind watching on the internet, the best free broadcast appears to be vodkasports.com. You may have to put up with announcers you don't like but i was able to get Indians on radio. Hope it helps some of you in backout areas. :friends:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Return to Entertainment Zone