Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

MLB Instant Replay

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

MLB Instant Replay

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:52 pm

It looks like with instant replay, Major League Baseball still cannot get a call right.

With what just transpired at Yankee Stadium, with a fan CLEARLY interfering with the play out in right, and they don't say that's fan interference, the umpires should be ashamed of themselves!
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Re: MLB Instant Replay

Postby npc29 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm still not clear as to who is replaying this stuff.. I keep hearing its the umpires, but then some say its the officials at MLB headquarters.

Either way, whoever made the call... I agree... Of course they would never overturn a call in New York with fear of getting killed or something.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:21 am

Yeah, absolutely terrible call and review.....I'm a bit concerned about what Manning said....do they really not have every camera feed to look at? If not then they might as well get rid of instant replay as it's a joke (already proving to be anyways).

In any case....terrible pitching by the Tribe.....and even worse decision making by Wedge.....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby petes999 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:19 pm

NY should start paying fans to reach over the fence if the refs don't have the balls to make that call. I was out-of-town watching TBS and the announcers (biased to NY) even said it was a bad call. An inning later, they did the rules on interference saying the guy should be out (their initial opinion was let NY guys have 2nd and 3rd - where they ended up). The announcers thought that the umps would say there was no good angle. Yet, when you have 2 guys leaning on the railing and hands outstreeched, it's clear they were in the field touching Crowe's glove.
petes999
Single-A Phenom

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Even more clear was the shadow of the fans glove on the wall.......unless someone the laws of physics have gone out the window at Yankee stadium, there was indisputable evidence that the fan was reaching over the edge of the wall, which by rule is interference....

O well I guess though.....bottom line is Lewis needs to make better pitches in any case (same with Perez)....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:00 pm

I could have settled for a double. But I'm sorry, it was plainly obvious. I was even telling myself when Posada came up up bat, "watch, he'll hit a home run."
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Return to Beyond The Minors